Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:50 AM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default Don't fit in.

Anyone else tend to commonly get this feeling? Me, especially. I feel like I'm the only liberal, introverted person in my family a lot of the time. I'm also starting to get the feeling that, right now, I am not going to fit into any WAR team here at all.

Don't mind me. Do you ever feel like an outsider; if so, where / in what environment?
Old 05-27-2012, 04:49 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Don't fit in.

Most War teams are pretty friendly, I'd say you're in good hands with that.

Everyone gets that "outsider" feeling every now and then. It's better that you just be yourself and do what you do/like best rather than be submissive and obedient to the whims of everyone else all the time.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:57 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I thought you were on a WAR team? You need to be! You're an awesome spriter!
Old 05-27-2012, 05:15 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

As Neo said, all the teams are friendly. Or most, anyway. I do believe all of the current ones are <3

Get to know your teammates. They might seem odd on the outside, but nearly everyone is so very sweet on the inside~ No need to feel left out!

And this applies outside of WAR, as well. Get to know people here, and have fun!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

I don't fit in with intolerant, close-minded people. Don't really want to either.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Speed is doing fine now ! Im on her war team and she joined one of my threads and we've been having a ton of fun roleplaying ! everyone should have a place around here! you guys are to darn friendly for anyone to feel left out..lol

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 05-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
Speed is doing fine now ! Im on her war team and she joined one of my threads and we've been having a ton of fun roleplaying ! everyone should have a place around here! you guys are to darn friendly for anyone to feel left out..lol
The glory of the internet, like-minded people grouping together to build virtual communities. It's such an awesome thing.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:34 AM
most duded Offline

Yeah. We have a ton of fun with Speed. I'm an outsider. I am at a school and not 1 person is remotely simalar to me.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Compound Pain Offline

Send a message via MSN to Compound Pain

Sometimes being different is a good thing.
I, am like the only person out of 900 kids that like Pokemon, this can suck but only if I let it get to me.

Personally, from my experience on this forum i've seen you around multiple times and your a really interesting character.

Hatches @ 179
Graveler @ 239
Golem @ 284
Level 100 @ 464
FC: 1893 7156 7637
Old 06-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

From my own experience I've learned that you shouldn't care if you don't fit in. Often times, if you put on a façade of a personality you're not going to be liked much in the first place, so just be yourself. If you're not putting on a false persona and you still feel excluded or alienated, well, there's not much more you can do except for finding where you belong. There are more like-minded people in this world than you think. You just need to find them and stop caring about the opinions of you from those that don't matter. The world becomes a lot easier that way, it seems. If the whole world was unlike or against you except for that one person or that small group of people,who'd always be with you no matter what, I'd say you were pretty set.

In short, don't worry about not fitting in, you'll find your place soon.

In regards to you, Speed, you mentioned that you were introverted. Now, if I've got my definitions right, are you not open to other people? I guess, if you want to find like-minded people, you've got to show to them that you are like-minded to them, by being open. Does that make sense?

Just my thoughts on the matter.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:15 AM
Checkmate Offline

Fitting in is such a situational concept, any embracement of it is terribly unrealistic. I myself find fitting in socially disadvantageous. If you don't fit in, you're different, you're unique, you're inconsistent with the beau ideal of societies puristic model of an individual. Hell, you're doing something right.