Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-23-2012, 02:59 AM
CM's Avatar
CM Offline
Dungeon Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: FLAMING RATTATA!!!
Posts: 7,788
Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

~Plot~

Every world and every culture has their own deities. It’s rare to find a whole world that believes in the same set of deities, but those places exist. One of the worlds is called Gaia. Not every region believes in the exact same deities, but they do believe in the same idea. The gods of this planet are called the Sacred Beasts. Now each region may have it’s own set of Beasts, but they all believe in the same story that tell of these mighty creatures. Long ago they set Gaia in balance with the species living there and the nature around them. After that they retreated to their own realm, somewhere between the physical world and the spiritual. But they never lost their connecting to the physical world.

In times of great need or change, the Sacred Beasts would choose human to partner with so they can once again exist in the physical world. Those chosen by a Sacred Beast become Guardians. Each Guardian is branded with a mark that signifies their bond with a Sacred Beast. Having this bond doesn’t give the Guardian any special skills other than being able to summon the Beast they are Guardian to and being able to sense other Beasts and Guardians. They also form a telepathic link with the Beast they are bonded to.

Only a few times were Guardians needed to bring the Sacred Beasts back to Gaia, but it had been centuries since then. Most of the young generation believe that the tales are just legends and that the Beasts have abandoned Gaia if they ever existed. Those who study the hunter or magical arts just know that the Beasts are still among them, just in a deep slumber in their own realm. However, things are no longer in balance as they once were.

One of the Beasts, a blood red dragon named Drakon, has become tired of how things are. He believes that things are not as they should be. He and his brethren should not be ignored. The humans are not fit to be the dominate species on Gaia and should only serve, or so he and a few of the others believe. It’s time to reform the world once again, but this time so that it’s the Sacred Beasts who rule. Only set back is that they need Guardians to enter the physical realm, but that should be too much of a problem. Surely they’ll be able to simply use their chosen humans to get what they desire.

Not all the beasts believe the say Drakon does. Omen, a two-headed dog, was one of the few tried to keep Drakon in their realm. But since the dragon was one of the strongest of them, they could not simply contain him since he was at full strength. Their only option was to select Guardians of their own in hopes to weaken Drakon and his followers. But that would mean adding more problems for those living on Gaia. For the humans were having their own conflicts.

In the physical world, things are changing. New technologies are being made, and there isn’t much need for the old magics. Mages are now being hunted and kept in a secure location to be monitored. Even those with only a little magic could be taken in. There are those who don’t want things to change, and oppose the new technologies. This could be leading to a war, and with tensions high the old and the new clash more than ever. Will the return of the Sacred Beasts and the Guardians help bring peace to the world once again? Or will it cause more conflict that the world is not yet ready for? And how will the Guardians react to being thrown in the middle of all of this? This is their story, and their actions well tell the tale…

~Rules~
  • All PE2K rules
  • No god-moding
  • Please respect all players and their choices
  • Let's keep this around PG13. Violence, mild blood and gore, mild language, and romance are allowed, but anything that would be considered M rated must not be posted. Take that to the PMs if you must
  • Your character doesn't have to be a Guardian at the beginning of the RP. He or she can become one at any time.
  • Only once can a Sacred Beast bring their Guardian back from the realm of the dead, but this comes at a price. The Sacred Beast must then restart his or her life, thus becoming an infant once more and must grow back into their powers. Depending on the treatment of the Guardian and the situations around them, the Beast can reach it's full power in a relatively short amount of time. But it cannot happen over night. It will still take a few months in the least for the Beast to fully grow and regain all lost power if conditions are perfect.
~Map~


credit (c) Kamikaze

Skyspire - The capital city. The largest city of the region, so named after the Skyspire Citadel that is located in the center of the city. The Skyspire Citadel is a architectural wonder of white marble, with slender spires that seem to reach for the sky. It is the seat of power for the royal family. Within the citadel there are marvelous gardens, a courtyard that could hold a small village, and the great Skyspire Library.
The banner associated with the city is a snow-white spire on a royal purple background.

Stonewatch Keep and Northwatch Keep - Originally these were outposts that housed a small garrison, meant to be able to warn the capital in the case of an attack. Now that the region is all under the same ruler, their strategic value has lessened, but they have both grown into larger settlements, with plenty of merchants and craftsmen setting up shop in these growing communities.
(They use the royal banner of Skyspire.)

Lakeshire and Riverrun - Mainly fishing settlements, they also serve as ferry stations for those who wish to travel across the river rather than taking the road to the north.
(They use the royal banner of Skyspire.)

Easthaven - A fairly secluded city, many retired merchants who have done well in their affairs settle down here. It is home to many great philosophers, and houses one of the two public libraries of any scholarly standard in the region, the other being the one in Skyspire. It also houses a dock, though nothing that can rival the much busier docks that can be found in Southport. Also the location where most of the Underground does their business, almost like a headquarters.
The banner associated with the city is a golden rising sun on a dark blue background.

Oakwood - As the name implies, the forest northeast of the settlement is a large oak forest. Main source of income and trade is said wood, either as a raw material or processed into various wooden products.
(They use the banner of Easthaven.)

Southport - The major port of the region, also the seat of all merchants of any serious reputation. Almost all ships that leaves and enter the region docks in Southport, and almost all merchant caravans that travel by road originate from this city. Often referred to as the Merchant's Peninsula, because even outside the city gates there are warehouses and supply-stations for the caravans.
The banner associated with the city is a white swan on an ocean blue background.

Midland Fortress - Houses a significant museum with relics of the past. Most from the various desert ruins, but there are relics from across the region gathered and kept safe in this otherwise forgotten city. Other than the museum, there is a decent quarry in the mountains to the northwest, and a sawmill near the forest to the southwest. This is where also the mages are kept, either being arrested for illegal magic practicing or the mages of the court. It's a prison for the magic users, but the monarchy is hiding that fact by treating them well while also researching a way to limit or even get rid of their magic abilities.
The banner associated with the city is a silver mountain on a forest green background.

West and North Sandstead - Supply-stations for those traveling into the desert, which is mostly historians, archaeologists and treasure hunters, all looking for the ruins scattered across and beneath the shifting sands of the Sandstead Desert. Originally they were minor outposts, but as merchants and tradesmen saw the opportunity that presented itself, both settlements grew, the western one more so than the one to the north.
(They use the banner of Midland Fortress.)

Westwood - The most secluded city, and the furthest from the capital, this stronghold is home to the most skilled archers the region has to offer. A lot of the inhabitants are hunters, and therefore skilled trackers. It is said that a Westwood Archer can find anyone, anywhere, and more often than not this has been true.
The banner associated with the city is a silver stag on a dark green background.

Goldstone Castle - The horselords of Goldstone supply the greatest horses that money can buy, and keep the even better ones themself, their cavalry is rivaled by none. An ironclad knight from Goldstone is an awe-inspiring sight to behold, and few would willingly face one in battle. The castle is named after the color of it's walls, as the stone which is the building material is more golden than it is gray.
The banner associated with the city is a golden horse on a black background.

Dragonstone Castle - A castle designed with only strategic advantages in mind, it is the embodiment of unconquerable. The black stone that the castle is built of has yet to give in to any assault, and combined with the Dragonstone infantry, which is the most ferocious military force there is, it is not likely to change anytime soon.
The banner associated with the city is a midnight-black dragon on a silver background.

Southbay - A small fishing settlement that also houses a ferry for those who wish to visit the large island to the southeast.
(They use the banner of Dragonstone Castle.)

~RP~

Some know of the Sacred Beasts return, but even with some hard evidence things are moving on as normal. The capital city is about to hold the yearly Games, a time when people of all classes can compete in different challenges on an even field. It is only at this time that both the common travel can compete against or with a high ranked knight and be considered equal. But outside of the preparations for the Games it's life as normal. Crime is still being committed, common folk are struggling for coin, and mages are now being looked down upon for their abilities. What was once a trusted and looked to class has now become a curse, and is now even the source of fear with most who do not understand the magical and spiritual worlds. A lot of mages have been "relocated" to Midland Fortress, a place that some mages don't mind staying in. With its famous museum and many relics to study, some mages see it as an opportunity to learn. Others have noticed that it is indeed a prison since none are allowed to leave the city unless escorted by a royal guard.

The Underground, or the main crime circle as it is sometimes called, is bustling with activity. With many targets soon going to be in one location, a lot of people are fighting over high paying contracts and steals. Some will use brute force to get the job, others sit back and let the others fight before sneaking in and taking it. Some contracts that have been coming in lately are actually rescue missions, families wanting a loved one safely returned. Now this is normally not a job for lawbreakers, unless it involves breaking a mage out of Midland and returning him or her to their family. This also sometimes involves the family's relocation, but that is another contract all together. Only those in the Underground know how to enter the base in Easthaven, but those in it tend to not go around saying that they are a thief or assassin. But all are taking their chances with the monarchy focusing in the upcoming Games and the advances in the new technologies being made.

With these distractions some Sacred Beasts have made their moves, other are waiting for a better opportunity. But with their return as well as new Guardians, a new era is about to be born whether the world is ready for it or not. Most seem to ignore this fact, others maybe just completely oblivious. It all depends on how things play out, but either way it will not be as it once was before the Beasts were reawakened.
__________________
Crystal Momoyia

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 05-23-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Kamikaze's Avatar
Kamikaze Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 239
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Aldur An'rayi, Ailith
Order of Aniu sanctuary, outskirts of the forest on the island due west of Easthaven
RPers involved: Kamikaze


"If you know your enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the outcome of a hundred battles.
If you know yourself, but not your enemy, for every victorious battle you will also suffer a defeat.
If you know neither your enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

It was late at night, the moon was almost full and all around it was quiet, then came the clash of steel. Once, twice, three times before all became silent again. Then again, four clashes in rapid succession.
"You are getting better," Aldur told his opponent, "and you are definitely getting faster." His opponent decided not to respond.
The two combatants began circling around each other again. Unlike the battle between two iron-clad knights going at each other with two-handed claymores, the battle between two lightweight one-handed blades had much more grace to it. As they circled around each other, exchanging a series of blows every now and then, they looked like they were dancing in the moonlight.
Aldur gave his opponent an opening on purpose, and she took it. He knew she would, and as such he parried her blow in time, locked their blades together, and suddenly the two combatants were face to face, with less than an inch of free space between them.
"But not fast enough," Aldur jested, and gave his much shorter opponent a quick kiss on the forehead, then he backed of before she could react and retaliate.
"I hate you," his opponent shouted, and she almost threw the blade on the ground, only in the last moment she calmed down and lowered her blade in the traditional yielding gesture.
"I thought you liked me," Aldur said, still with a smile on his face, "We've known each other over a century, and you still didn't see that coming?"
At first she was speechless, then Ailith suddenly burst into laughter. "I suppose I should have seen it coming, it's not like it hasn't happened before." She replied. "And judging by the moon, it's past midnight, so you my ancient friend have just gotten a year older. Happy birthday." She said the last phrase with an almost hollow tone.
"Do you still regret it?" Aldur asked. "After all these years we've had together, you, me, and Darios?"
"Not you, never you and Darios, and not as much anymore, but it's not natural. You just turned 113, and I'll be 111 in not too long. How long before we are two hundred, three hundred, a thousand years old?" She asked, now dead serious.
"Well, that depends, but between one and nine hundred years, give or take a few." Aldur said, trying to cheer up his companion. Truth be told, he too had doubts at times.
"You're impossible, you know that?" She said, but not without the hint of a smile.
"It's a little flaw that I have, let me show you something." He replied as he pulled off his amulet and held it in his left palm. "This belonged to my mother, and her mother before her, and so it has been for generations as far as I know. It was made for the first of her line that joined the order, and has served throughout the years as a way to remind them of what they were, what cause they served." He took a deep breath," When I look at it, it reminds me of my mother's devotion to our order, and that she truly believed in peace. Whenever I doubt, this silver amulet has dispelled all thoughts of regret." He held it in front of her, "I want you to have it. It has helped me through dark times, and I hope it can do the same for you."
"I don't know what to say," she began, "I can't..." But before she knew it, he had put it around her neck.
"Besides, the silver wolf is your symbol, don't you agree?" Holding the silver pendant in his left hand examining the wolf head that was also the banner of his order, a spark suddenly surged through the pendant, and into his hand, making him quickly release it, leaving a black mark, identical to the pendant in it's place. "What..." He began, but Ailith silenced him.
"We're not alone here." She said, looking around her.
Then, seemingly out of nowhere, the largest wolf they had ever seen emerged from behind the trees. It's fur was midnight black and it's eyes shone with a bright blue. Before them stood the matron deity of their order, the black wolf of balance, one of the sacred beasts of old. Aldur was, for once, speechless. All he could do was fall to one knee and bow his head. Ailith was already kneeling and quickly rambling something that Aldur thought was supposed to be a prayer, though she was too nervous to get the words right.
"Rise. There is no need for that." They both heard in their minds. Ailith, who had her mental barrier up, almost fell to the ground from the impact. The presence of a sacred beast was something quite special to behold, and a mortal, regardless of their skill could not hope to stand against such a mind. Aldur helped her to stand up, still not quite sure what etiquette the situation called for.
"You look just like I imagined, just like her," the wolf said gazing at Aldur who was still in shock, "I made the right choice." Then the realization hit him. Aldur looked at his palm, then at the large wolf, and then he began to stutter. "I-I-I, you..." He hesitated for a moment, "I am your guardian?" He had believed that the beasts were real, and he had read stories about how there were guardians, and that they were branded with a special mark. He had never imagined he would get to meet one however, least of all like this.
"That you are indeed." Aniu replied. "And you, you are special, are you not?" She turned to look at Ailith. "You can hear me, sense me, is that not so?"
"Y-Yes, great one." She managed to say. Being religious, and finding oneself in a situation where you are actually face to face with the deity you worship will forever change you, Ailith realized.
"No need for such formalities, I am simply Aniu, no more, no less. You however, are not what you seem. You have a wolf within you, do you not?"
Ailith was stunned. For close to a century she had been able to keep it a secret, only two people now alive knew of it, and Aniu had seen through her in less than a minute. All she could do was nod, and tremble at the thought of what would happen had Aniu decided she didn't like them.
"There is much I must tell you, Aldur, and much more still we must do after that. My kin is going to war, and Gaia will be their battleground. I intend to stop it, before humanity is wiped from this planet altogether. There will be other guardians, some will share our goal, others will stand in our way. I have idly sat by long enough, while Drakon, Omen and the others have played their games. Now is the time to act, and pray that I have not come too late."
Half an hour later they were rowing a boat across the river in complete silence, headed for Easthaven. Aniu was no longer with them, but she had assured them that Aldur could call on her at any time, and he hoped she was right.
--------------------
Darios
Skyspire Library
RPers involved: Kamikaze


"Consistency is the defense of a small mind."

It was close to midnight, and there were few still awake when the tall dark wanderer walked up to the guards at the east courtyard entrance. He had come from the west, though he had entered the city from the southern gate. He didn't really expect anyone to be following him, but there had been complications in the past few days, and old habits are hard to break, especially habits as old as his. He showed the guards a document that he pulled from his pocket.
"A package for the royal library." The tall man said as he handed the parchment over. Supposedly it was sent by courier from some collector down in Dragonstone Castle.
The senior guard stared at the parchment for a moment, then handed it back and opened the gate. "It all seems to be in order." He said, though the confusion was written all over his face. "Open the gate."
Fools. Some day they will make sure that the guards actually know how to read, and then half the smuggling in this city will disappear over night. He thought to himself as he walked past the guards and headed for the Skyspire Library.
The main entrance was locked during the night, but he had long since acquired a key to one of the side-doors. Once inside, he headed for the main desk at the center of the library. There sat a blonde woman in her early thirties, writing something down in a worn ledger.
"What took you so long?" She asked as he put down the package on the desk. "I've been expecting you for almost a week."
"Nice to see you too Gwyn." He replied. "There were a few issues in Midland. After I retrieved your package I took the time to ask a few questions, apparently I said the wrong things to the wrong people, and one thing lead to another."
"That always seem to be the case, doesn't it Darios? You always put your nose where it doesn't belong." She replied. "What did you do this time?"
“I didn't particularly feel like being arrested, so I argued with the guards a bit. Several of them died during the argument - those things happen once in a while." Darios said. "It just so happens to be that one of the guards were one of the sons of one of the noble families of Midland Fortress. Said family took it personally, and they are known to hold a grudge."
"Don't tell me that it's the noble family of Midland..."
"Oh no, not the ruling family, just a cousin of theirs, I think." Darios said, then made an attempt at changing the subject. "What's so important in that package that you have to be up in the middle of the night and wait for it?"
"Old tomes on the architecture of some of our more sturdy constructions, Midland Fortress and Dragonstone Castle to be more specific." Gwyn replied.
"I thought you didn't like architecture, or Dragonstone Castle either for that matter." He commented, remembering that she had been born there, and had experienced a tough upbringing.
"Consistency is the defense of a small mind, always remember that my friend. Besides, it's not so much the appearance I'm interested in, rather the parts that you can't see. The secrets of the past you might say. You should know a thing or two about that, shouldn't you?" She said with a smile.
"That is true I suppose. Speaking of which, did you find the books I was looking for? The ones on the fanatics that were active some thirty years ago?"
"Yeah, I left it upstairs. I fed the raven too, since you took your time in returning." Gwyn answered, already looking through the first of the tomes.
Darios decided to let her be, as he knew that once she got into a book, roaring thunder could barely get her attention. Instead, he made his way through the labyrinth that was made of bookshelves. Skyspire was called just so because of it's many spires, the library alone had five of them. All the spires in the city were of varying height, and less than half of them were actually used. Most thought that there had originally just been a few, serving as watchtowers, and then the rest had been put up as ornaments. This wasn't entirely true. Darios hadn't explored all the spires, but he knew that at least one of the towers here in the library had been used at some point. It had been long before he had been born though, and save for Gwyn, he was the only living person who knew about it. At the north-east end of the library, he sneaked in behind one of the bookshelves that had it's back against the outer wall, and pulled out a key. With it, he opened a door that was completely invisible from the inside of the library, and in the pitch-dark behind the wooden furniture it was not much easier to notice. Behind the door was a staircase leading upwards, ending some hundred feet above the roof of the library. At the end of the staircase was a simple round room with a table, a chair and a bed, along with a small bookcase. On the table were a set of volumes on the anti-magus fanatics that had caused quite a commotion about thirty-five years ago, and next to the pile of books were a cage holding a raven.
Darios sat down in the chair, then pulled out a strip of parchment and began writing a short message, after which he tied the roll of paper onto the raven's leg and let it out through the small window that was located due east. He would find his way to Ailith, somehow he always did, and Aldur would get the message.
After that, despite the late hour, he too opened one of the tomes and lost himself in the pages, trying to decide if the current problem had any ties to the past.
__________________

Random Sprite Art, all done by me. That includes the animated Shaymin I use as an avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-25-2012, 03:14 AM
The Sensei Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairburn, GA, USA
Posts: 49
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Samuel Newton
Southbay (Inn)
Involved RPer's: The Sensei

Samuel woke up as a little bit of sunlight splashed across his face. Normally he would’ve purchased an expensive room with a huge window but it has been a while since he received a contract and he was running a little low on money. He got out of his bed and headed for his window it was just a little bigger than a jail window but he was still content. He saw all the boats coming from whatever business they had just previously done and some even catching new wind going on to another one. Samuel briefly wondered how it felt to be a fisherman, but with a sigh of disappointment it was hard to imagine, this life being the only he had. He made his way to the entrance of the room and made sure the door was still locked. In any Southbay location you always had to be aware of little petty thieves and Samuel was in no mood of killing someone over five coins. He quickly got dressed and gazed outside a little longer, he might buy himself a boat and a crew one day, well after he get his academy up in running again.

Ever since that fateful day, Samuel always wanted to reopen one and follow in the footsteps of his master Don Newton. Yet he was still saving up for it, and by the look of things he still needed at least ten more years, but if Don taught Samuel anything, it was patience. “Waiting for your prey or opportunity to come your way”, as Don always said. Samuel then made sure he had all his equipment, he didn’t own this room and he was always taught to leave everything as he found it, leave no trace. He looked once more at his room and was satisfied with the results, he then stepped out of the room and into an area of aroma that of day old’ bread and cooked fish. He was a little tempted to eat something after all it came with the room, but he had to stay fit and no cramps would be allowed for this mission that he was about to get himself into. He paid for his room to the innkeeper and walked out into a bustling street filled with vendors and other people selling other shenanigans.

The small fishing village was constantly busy at this time of day since all of the fishermen came back from catching the first fish of the day. Samuel had to constantly wade through small crowds of people; some had manners of saying excuse me while others had more foul words to say. Samuel on the other hand said nothing and kept everything to himself, he had to stay focused. He soon came to an alleyway and went into it, when he felt no eyes were on him, he opened a fake wall door and went through it, then climbed down a ladder. He always wanted to measure how long the ladder actually was and today he did, twenty feet down. He soon came to a little cavern and he had to say a specific password in a specific language. Once he did the door was opened and the smell was very musty.
Most of the people in the Underground never heard of proper hygiene, some were missing teeth and hair, while others had missing fingers or toes. All of them smell like wet dog, but you could easily spot out the criminals to the one giving the criminals their crime.

Some of them recognized Samuel and waved, Samuel gave a brief nod not wanting to linger for any short chit-chat, and he had to stay focused. He then pulled out a sheet of paper with the information on it, he was supposed to come to a specific room, everything was specific nowadays since no one wanted to risk being caught by the government. After walking for a little longer he came to the room number. The six was faded but was still recognizable. In the Underground they had small rooms with a table and about five chairs each, you would be lucky if you had two chairs in a room. They were to serve for the more…private contractors. Samuel decided not to take a seat when he had noticed he was the first one there.

“Are you sure this is not a trap”, Excalibur asked through telepathy.

“No, if it really was they would’ve been killed me while I was making my way here”, Samuel said through the thought of his mind.

“Well whatever you say, just be on your guard”.

“As I always am”

With that Samuel waited.

--------------------------------------------------

Anatenajah (Najah)
Making his way to Southbay


Najah was barely tired, even though he had just walked two miles. He decided to sleep in a nearby forest instead of actually going to Southbay; he never actually liked the smell and would probably go into rage thinking about waking up to it. Najah had a job to do; his details were a little brief just stating that it would be a rescue mission and not giving any more details, just in case he decided not to do the job. He could understand that especially with the market the way it is. Someone could rescue the person and then hold them ransom for even more money, Najah would not do that unless he had a reason and since he could not find any decided not to.

Najah soon started smelling the awful smell even through his mask which he barely took off. Najah trained his five senses to be at the peak of their ability and could smell a dog close to a mile away. Instead of actually going into the city, he decided to go through another way, so no one would see him. After all he was “The Shadow”. He soon came to a pile of leaves and brushed them aside and went through them, he then pulled a hand-made lever to control a wire above him to dump more leaves into the spot to cover up the hole again. He then started going down a ladder and then a staircase. Today was the day for the games in the Capitol, and Najah wasn’t expecting the Underground to be as busy as ever. Yet he still ignored all of it, until he heard two guys arguing. One had two bodyguards and the other looked nothing more than a petty thief.

Najah tuned his ears towards them and heard that the client (the one with the two bodyguards) didn’t want to pay the thief for the job. One of the bodyguards then came and pushed the poor boy down. Najah almost decided to take nothing of it but the boy soon stammered out, “But my mother is really ill and I need the money”.

The only thing the Client could say was, “Tough Luck kid”. Najah sprinted over there as fast as he could and squeezed a bodyguard’s shoulder, squeezing a pressure point, the other guard was reaching for his sword, but Najah moved faster and then a low sweep kick and then grabbed the guard’s arm as he was falling and twisted it pulling it out of socket. He then grabbed the Client and slammed him against a wall. By now everyone Underground was looking at him in awe or fear. “Give him his money now”, Najah said to the client. Najah’s voice was nothing you could ever dream of, for one it was raspy and had an underworld sound to it, making it sound like two people were talking at once easily striking fear into anyone. The Client slowly raised a money purse and Najah snatched it from his hand and gave it to the boy. “Do not let me catch you here again, or I will kill you”, Najah said.

With that he let the Client go. Najah watched as he scurried off without even checking on his two injured bodyguards. Najah looked at the boy and didn’t say anything but simply kept walking. Najah was actually surprised that no one came up to him with a job offer after they saw that. He thought that they were probably too afraid to ask. Najah soon came to the small room he was supposed to enter. As he was reaching for the handle a small shock ran through his body, it must’ve been Futer. “I sense something in their Najah, probably someone just like you, a Guardian”, Futer said.

Najah didn’t say anything and twisted the knob going into the room. He saw man perhaps eight years or less young than him standing up. He took one look at the man and saw that he was the real deal. “Are you my client”, Najah asked. The stranger looked at him up and down perhaps scanning him with his mind. After a brief moment the stranger just shook his head and continued in his former position before Najah entered. Najah took a better look at the stranger he had a light brown hair with a headband around him, and then he had two daggers around his waist. This man could fight and he already go tell. Najah hated working with people but maybe this guy would be the real deal.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-25-2012, 10:59 PM
Winter's Avatar
Winter Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Banora, munchin' on dumbapples...
Posts: 4,527
Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Anya
Southbay
ARPers: The Sensei


She had hardly slept, to be honest. She couldn't sleep without Rayna near her, at least, not well. She wouldn't, not until her other half was back by her side, safe and sound. "You're going to run yourself ragged, Anya. The little one slept soundly through the night, you should have as well, it's not good for you," the feathered cougar perched almost royally atop the bed Anya had not touched all night. The onyx-haired young woman looked at the beast and sighed.

"She's an innocent thing, Laila. Rayna holds the absolute belief that I will come and rescue her, and everything will be alright. I hold no such hope--I can't. All I can do is worry, worry, worry if she will be alright for as long as it takes for me to go to her rescue. Wait, wait, wait for someone to help me because Rayna told me I needed help to get her out. I'm not going to calm down until she's safe," Anya replied, running her fingers through her hair in agitation. Laila let a breath out her nose and moved on to preening the feathers around her front paws, looking as majestic as ever, in spite the fact that she also looked so out of place that it was almost comical. Vaguely, Anya caught herself wondering if those feathers allowed the sacred beast to stay relatively dry in the water, if she ever decided to swim. If Rayna had been awake to catch the thought, she would have laughed. With a sigh and a shake of her head, Anya moved to where her swords lay against the wall of the room, the pair of large, hooked blades tipped with what looked like feathers were the product of a mixing of magic and new technologies and had cost her a lot, but it had been worth it. Very much worth it--she loved them. Without a word, she hooked a series of soft leather straps around her finger and pulled them into place so they sat snug against her back before sliding the pair of swords into place so they crossed each other, handle poking up over each shoulder. "Which is why I'm going to make sure she's safe, Laila. Go watch her, please?" The swan-feathered cougar did not answer verbally, but stood and jumped down from the bed, disappearing as she did, and leaving what appeared to be half of a teardrop-shaped clear crystal behind. "Thank you," she whispered as she picked up the crystal and moved to the door.

Southbay was not a place Anya liked very much. It was too closely built and crowded for her liking. Then again, it also smelled overpoweringly of fish, which was yet another minus. She navigated the streets at a rather brisk walk, attempting to block out the murmurs that followed her about her odd blades. Getting to the trapdoor hadn't been easy the first time, and it still wasn't easy, but she made it nonetheless. To be honest, Anya disliked the underground almost as much as she disliked Southbay itself, possibly more. It stank to high heaven, many of those present were repulsive and the men kept trying to harass her, and Anya couldn't say that she had much love for thieves to begin with, but for once it was necessary. She hoped it never was again.

Finally, she managed to navigate the place and got to the room where she was supposed to be meeting the other two she had hired. Anya prayed that they were actually worth something as she opened the door. The Yin found herself looking at two men, one completely hidden, and the other wearing a bloodstained cloak. Lovely. These were the men she was relying on to help her save her sister? "If you're wondering, I'm your client," she said before stepping completely into the room and shutting the door behind her.


Rayna and Ariel Hyde
Mage Containment Cell in Southbay
ARPers: None


/Little one, wake up. Guards are coming, be careful./ The mental warning from Laila roused Rayna from her sleep as the sound of boots pounding down the hallway became audible. The small redheaded girl sat up and looked at the door expectantly, already beginning to reach for the magic she controlled to manipulate the stone floor if she had to. The men who had caught her seemed to be expecting her to have a staff, but obviously they had not heard that their small target did not carry a staff on her, she controlled her magic via a bracelet. The very same bracelet she had had managed to slip off her wrist and into a pocket of her coat without it being discovered because they had simply assumed that they had caught the girl without her staff. Idiots. She halfway rose when the door opened, and then had to dive out of the way as the guards threw in what appeared to be a rather large tangle of limbs that let out a strangled cry as it hit the ground, but did not move afterward.

“Enjoy the company, little witch,” one of the guards hissed as the door was slammed shut again, leaving Rayna confused beyond all belief. After a few moments, Rayna stood and made her way to where the figure lay still on the floor, and then ended up staring at it in disbelief.

They had tossed in a young man whose body was distorted beyond all belief. His limbs were too long, hands too large, fingers delicate and spindly. The shaggy mane of hair that hung around his face was colorless, and his skin was nearly as white as her dress, while his face was twisted in pain. One huge hand clutched at his shoulder, blood standing out startlingly against his pale skin. Rayna cringed away mentally, as she had never cared for violence, but this man obviously needed help, which was why even as her mind shied away, the girl leaned forward and crouched down to examine the shoulder he was holding. “They’re gone, now. What did they injure you with?” she asked instinctively, keeping her voice only barely above a whisper, though she was unsure if he was conscious. After a few rather long moments, the young man groaned and shifted so that he was laying on his back rather than on his side, the way he had landed when they threw his body into the room.

“They had an accursed archer waiting for me,” the young man hissed, cracking an eye open to look at his fellow cellmate. “Good gods,” he muttered when his eye found her, “they’re taking children now?” She allowed a soft laugh to escape her lips.

“I’m just tiny, I’m older than I look. I think… Let me see, maybe I can help.” That single eye narrowed at her. It was a pretty color, Rayna thought, a kind of soft blue-green that was just a tad more green than blue.

“You think you’re older than you look? At least I know I’m older than I look,” he snorted, then grimaced as he pulled his hand back from the wound. Rayna’s mind rebelled at the sight of all the blood seeping out of the wound, and nearly gagged when he allowed her to push his patchwork shirt up to get a look at the wound. Someone had simply yanked the arrow out without bothering to even trying to apply the most basic medical treatment whatsoever.

“Oh…” Her voice trembled as she spoke, and his other eye cracked open, both eyes regarding her with concern. “Well, why don’t you tell me your name?”

“Are you okay? My name is Ariel Hyde, but please, just call me Hyde.” His voice was soft, and it made Rayna wonder just what kind of monster had shot this man and yanked the arrow out of his shoulder the way they had. Slowly, she reached into her pocket and took hold of her bracelet.

“I’ll be fine once I’ve healed you. My name is Rayna,” she whispered before reaching out to place a hand against his arm and began to call up the magic to at least stop the bleeding. “Come on, this has got to work…” The words were spoken as she released the spell, allowing the magic to flow from her to the wound in the man’s shoulder and repair what needed to be repaired. Rayna was trying to conserve what energy she could for when Anya and whoever else she had found came for her, but eventually her need to heal the injured won out. With a shake of her head, Rayna allowed enough power to heal the wound almost completely to escape her before cutting off the flow and sitting back. “There, that was nasty.”

Hyde blinked in surprise as the girl sat back, impressed. “It hurt a fair bit, but not now. Thank you very much.” It was true, the wound that had brought him so much pain before was now gone, or at least, almost gone. Rayna smiled at him, it was one of the few smiles he had seen in the years since he had been freed that hadn’t originated in the freak show.

“You’re welcome,” the girl replied quietly. The cell got quiet after that as Hyde shifted so that he was sitting up, and Rayna moved to one wall and sat against it. In the back of her mind, she heard Anya thinking something about ‘These were the guys she was relying on to help save her sister.’ She wondered vaguely what that was meant, but put it out of her mind.


Aileena Crowfeather
Somewhere between Lakeshire and Riverrun
ARPers: None, right now


"Harland, don't you dare bother that nest." The words cut through the air like a knife, and the raccoon inching his way up the tree paused to look at the speaker. The rusty-haired woman hadn't even been looking at him--she stood with her back to the tree he was climbing in, single black wing halfway spread and a crow perched on her left shoulder. One hand rested partially gripping the handle of her sheathed broadsword, but that was out of habit rather than threat to him. She knew better than that, in spite of her threats, but she still had a right to make them. "Leave the birds alone."

On her shoulder, the crow glanced back and cawed at him before taking off. Aileena then turned to face him, frowning. "Don't you give me that disapproving frown, Aileena Crowfeather," the raccoon snapped back at her, the woman's face remained impassive. One of the crow's feathers had somehow ended up in her hair. Traitor, Harland thought sharply. She was supposed to be his Guardian, however she liked birds much more than he would have appreciated. Now his diet consisted of everything that wasn't feathered, and one could only eat so much fish. That was what he got for choosing a girl as odd as she was to be his Guardian, but trouble seemed to follow her wherever she went, and he liked trouble. Her wing stretched out and flapped once, buffeting him with wind. The raccoon glared at her before a gust of wind slammed into her, blowing the crow's feather from her hair. Aileena shook her head, unbothered by the wind.

"I'll give you that look if I feel like it, Harland," she told him sharply. He hated that tone of voice that seemed to tell him that she was the superior one here, but then, he supposed she must want to feel superior over something, and she could talk to birds... Curse it all, she was growing on him! He had to admit that that air of superiority she gave off sometimes made her interesting.

"Your grave, Leena," he countered, using the name he know would make his Guardian angry.

"Don't call me Leena," she snapped back.

OOC: Jeez, this took forever to write...hope it isn't too bad.
__________________

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-26-2012, 09:15 AM
The Sensei Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairburn, GA, USA
Posts: 49
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Samuel Newton & Anatenajah
Inside Conference Room at Underground
ARPers: Winter


Samuel could not help but noticed his partner, for one he had a huge sword on his back, it also appeared to have a button on the handle, and he wondered what kind of magic was that. He then noticed that he had a mask over his face, with different markings on them. Soon Excalibur started talking, “He is one, master”.

“One of what”, Samuel asked still talking through telepathy.

“A guardian you must act with caution”, Excalibur said. Samuel could then feel Excalibur’s presence leave his mind. His master always said that not knowing your opponent could cost your life and not knowing your partner could cost your life and theirs. Samuel then spoke up, “So stranger what is your name”?

Najah looked up to hear this young man speak, Najah barely talked but this would be important if they were to work together yet he would not let this man know everything about him, so he would just tell half of it.

“I am from another country from across the sea”, Najah answered and then questioned back, “And you”?

“I am from another country as well, chose to come here to start a new life”, Samuel said. Najah just nodded and put his head down trying not to talk too much. Samuel picked up that he didn’t want to talk and left it as is. Samuel thought that this stranger would be intriguing to learn more about. Samuel then folded his arms across his chest as he waited. After their little chit-chat, Samuel and Najah did not have to wait that long for their contractor finally came. Both of them looked up as she turned the door knob and said, “If you’re wondering, I am your client”. With that she entered the room. Samuel and Najah looked at each other as the woman walked in.

She barely looked like she was even twenty, and she was the one giving the mission? Yet as her back came into view, her two swords as well she also had a breastplate of armor, and her hair was jet black that fell into waves around her face. Najah noticed she was average height for a woman`, almost standing below 5’9”. Samuel had to somewhat chuckle to himself thinking of this teenager fighting. Yet he knew never to underestimate an opponent. Her skin was somewhat pale, and her eyes were a bluish kind of hue. Even though she did not look like it, she went straight to business by saying she was their client.

Samuel saw that they did not have any more chairs so he stood up and offered his chair while introducing himself, “I am Samuel Newton”. Samuel was interested on this mission for he didn’t really complete a lot of rescue missions but by the way this girl looked he knew that this mission would be far from the usual.

Najah then introduced himself, “I am Najah Rebersome”. His mind Futer, then warned him that there was something different about this girl. Najah wanted to jump straight into the mission and asked, “So who are you why do you need us, mam”? Samuel didn’t say anything because that was his question as well. Both of them looked at her for her answer.

Last edited by The Sensei; 05-26-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-27-2012, 03:01 AM
Eternal Moonlight's Avatar
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rumored Canadian
Posts: 6,579
Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Amber Greenwood
The streets of Skyspire
Affected RPers: N/A


For a runaway turned forest dweller, going to the city should have been the first thing to avoid. This should have been made even clearer when even in the last settlement visited; there had been missing posters of herself still posted. Her animals would be out of place in an urban centre, thus making the young woman an oddity among the crowds.

Amber wasn’t one dwindle on such details. News of the Games had reached her ears, which managed to pick her fancy. This was the one time that, curiously enough, would be ideal for traveling to the capital.

The human traffic was higher, and the nature of these characters varied greatly. People from far and wide were drawn in for the event, even this early. The wildlife would seem a lot less odd considering the diversity of the populace. Focus was, of course, on the Games and at this stage, commerce. Merchants gathered, in hopes of selling their goods to a wide cliental.

In reality, these advantages had slipped Amber. When she wanted to do something, it usually ended up happening. One would probably wonder in awe how a person such as herself had managed to elude capture as both a runaway and a mage. In reality, Amber Greenwood wasn’t a thinker, but she wasn’t an idiot either.

It was fairly late when the redhead and her pets finally arrived in Skyspire. The moon hung in the sky, for a while, it had served as the torch leading the way forward. Now, however, that role was shared with the city lights, which continued to shine even into the new day. Despite the hour, many of the buildings still bleed light, indicating its occupants were still awake.

Amber knew it was a time were families tended to unite, friends came to visit and people were in the mood to celebrate. Her memory also told her that the festive atmosphere tended to persist until the Games’ end.

Ignoring the past, she marched down the street, which was surprisingly empty considering the illumination. Merchant stands were closed for the night, there was little to do outside but walk.

Normally, the young woman would get her nose into everything. She’d brought a good sum of her accumulated funds in hopes of finding peculiarities and paying for a room. However, despite humming a merry tune under her breath, Amber was tired. Her feet weren’t used to covering those many kilometers in such a short time.

Lapis, a Blue Jay, sat quietly on her shoulder, occasionally responding to certain foreign noises. More unusually, however, was the lynx that hung to Amber’s left. Like a trained dog, it stayed by her side following her master’s every move. Logically, it would have been a better idea to leave Jade in the forest, but in reality, that was out of the question.

She finally stopped outside a fairly decent looking place. The wooden sign hanging beside the door read “Lily’s Inn” although it wasn’t easy to distinguish at first.

“Here looks okay,” Amber stated with a nod.
__________________

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-30-2012, 07:51 PM
CM's Avatar
CM Offline
Dungeon Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: FLAMING RATTATA!!!
Posts: 7,788
Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Menora Silvanus, Mellony Silvanus, and Celestine
Easthaven, Underground Base
ARPers: none
A beautiful day it was in Easthaven. Clear blue skies, a nice breeze, and friendly neighbors. Everyone seemed to get along in the city. Most of the people were retired merchants and their families, but it wasn't uncommon for newcomers to walk the streets, either visiting friends or seeking advice from those more experienced than themselves. But even those who have lived there for years don't know exactly what's going on under the streets in this peaceful city. There is another city under Easthaven, but only those who are in the circle know of it. The Underground is what it's called, the main crime circuit. Most know of it, but not where the main headquarters are. There are branches all over Gaia, but the main base is under Easthaven. That's were most of the high paying and most dangerous jobs are given out. All of those who are thieves and assassin can enter, but only those who get the job done and done right continue to get contracts.

"You can't be serious Top Shot," one woman said in a group of three said.

"I'm serious. I'm going to enter the Games," the woman in front replied.

The last women, obviously the youngest, stayed silent as the watched to two dark haired women talked. She knew that it would best remain silent. Having been in the company of these two for most of her life, she knows when to stay out of it and when to step in.

"But a lot of people know who we are. We'll have high paying contracts on us in no time if we stay in Skyspire too long. And with you in the Games, we'll be here long enough for someone to pay some rookie high coin for our skins," the eldest retaliated.

"I don't see why you're worried, Celestine. You can't die, remember?"

"Alright, enough," the blond spoke up, sensing that a fight was about to come. Even as they passed through the tunnels of the underground, they were starting to attract some attention from some of the less experienced thieves. "Let's talk about this later. Right now we need to go to Skyspire regardless. We need supplies for my medicines and Menora's traps."

Both women looked at one another before the tallest, Celestine, sighed. "Sweetness is right. We'll talk later about this. We don't need to cause a scene here."

It was agreed, so the three women decided it was time to exit the Underground base and start heading for the capital city. They still had a few weeks if things went the way they wanted before the Games begin, so they had plenty of time to prepare for any case scenario.
((OoC: I'm so sorry this took forever. RL threw me a curve ball and I became busy this past weekend, thus no energy to come up with a post. And I'll have Taro enter soon since at the moment I need to think of an idea for him.))
__________________
Crystal Momoyia

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Winter's Avatar
Winter Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Banora, munchin' on dumbapples...
Posts: 4,527
Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

OOC: Looks like no one else is posting, soooo...

Anya
Southbay Underground, in a conference room
ARPers: The Sensei


"Keep the chair, Mr. Newton, I can't sit," Anya replied, sounding almost irritable after Samuel had introduced himself. With that, the Yin moved to a wall where she could face both men, in spite the fact one wore a mask. It was this one that introduced himself as Najah and asked her what they were there for, Anya nodded at them.

"My name is Anya. I need you to help me rescue my sister from the mage containment area they have here before they get her to where they're hiding all of them. I can't say that I really want the help, but Rayna insisted that I wouldn't be able to rescue her on my own, so I'm counting on you two to help me, got it? And if you have concerns about her being a mage, the girl is a healer, knows a little offensive magic to protect herself, but her main focus is healing others; they got her for fixing a man's hand after he accidentally split it open with a knife when he could have bled to death or gotten it infected otherwise and lost his hand. If you have any objections to rescuing a scared young woman who does no more than heal and defend others, you can get out now." Anya's somewhat polite and rather sharp, businesslike voice had nearly become a growl by this point as she looked at the two before her.

/Careful, Anya,/ Laila warned mentally before Rayna chimed in.

/I'm not scared, Anya, though I would like to be let out... Only problem I had was the man they threw in here with a really nasty arrow wound to the shoulder, but he let me fix it and we're fine now,/ the little girl commented mentally, causing Anya to shake her head. Shortly after, she was blasted by the image of a tangle of limbs and colorless hair flying at her followed by a rather nasty-looking hole in the man's shoulder. Anya cringed from the images, but considering they were in her head, it must have looked fairly random.

"Now, if neither of you is opposed and thinks they have a plan, feel free to share. Otherwise, it'll be a pretty standard invade and free tactics that we use," she said, tone reverting back to the sharp, businesslike tone she had been using before.


Rayna and Ariel Hyde
Mage Containment Cell in Southbay
ARPers: None


"So, Hyde, where are you from?" Rayna couldn't take the silence anymore, and finally began talking. Hyde looked up suddenly, startled, before his expression softened and he opened his mouth to answer.

"I am not entirely sure the place exists on a map anymore, but I doubt it does," he replied softly. "What about you?" Rayna laughed softly.

"I don't know," she admitted. Hyde looked at her in confusion as she went on. "My sister and I don't have any memories before a few years ago, so we don't know where we're from."

"But, how...?"

"We have no idea. That's the thing, no one has ever seemed to recognize us, so we have yet to learn anything about who we used to be before." Rayna shrugged, and caught something from Anya about having objections to rescuing a scared young woman, and she chimed in, but Anya did not reply, simply continuing on through plans. Rayna sighed and shook her head. "Always so serious..." she muttered, but Hyde didn't seem to notice.

"Well, no one recognizes me unless they've seen me recently, so I can kind of relate, though I don't think anyone who knew me back then would recognize me now...my appearance has changed so much since then..."

"Hmm?" Rayna asked, looking up, but Hyde shook his head.

"If you don't mind, Rayna, I'd rather not talk about it," he sighed. Across the room from him, the girl smiled sympathetically.

"I understand," she murmured, and then the room fell into silence once more.

OOC: Well, couldn't think of anything for Aileena, but hopefullly this keeps the RP alive.
__________________

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-06-2012, 04:33 AM
the regi kid Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

mind if i join i just signed up 2 days ago
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-06-2012, 05:00 AM
Winter's Avatar
Winter Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Banora, munchin' on dumbapples...
Posts: 4,527
Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

DUDE, go sign up on the SU/DS thread if you want to join. The one for this RP can be found here.
__________________

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Kamikaze's Avatar
Kamikaze Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 239
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Aldur An'rayi, Ailith
Easthaven
RPers involved: Kamikaze


"Hope for the worst and you will not be disappointed."

Aldur and Ailith had arrived in Easthaven a couple of hours after sunrise, and after that they had split up. Aldur had gone to the underground to talk to some of his contacts, because if anyone knew of strange things going on around the kingdom it would be the ones who would stay away from it at all cost. What Aniu had revealed about the current conflict and the possibility that it would spread to Gaia had given Aldur a feeling of dread that sent shivers down his spine. Much to his relief there were few reports of events that could have been caused by other sacred beasts, though there was a disturbing amount of different stories as to why a lot of people have been disappearing lately, only to be found in Midland Fortress, seemingly content with staying there without any plans on leaving. Aldur even knew a few of the ones who had been reported missing, and they were all wielders of magic to some extent. Then there were the numerous discussions on the Games. Despite the fact that the city watch would be patrolling in more than double the numbers, that many individuals at the same location for an extended period of time were bound to attract thieves and the like. Aldur was just about to find one of his last contacts that were in the city when he got a telepathic message from Ailith: "The Dagger, now!" While the voice was much different when not physically spoken, there was no mistaking the undertone of panic in it, wasting no time, he decided his last contact could wait and headed for The Dagger, it was an inn at the western edge of the city, and with a somewhat questionable reputation. It was a place where many travelers with a similar reputation met, shared stories, conducted their business and collected their rewards for completed contracts. In short, it was a thieves den. It only took Aldur a couple of minutes to make his way to the inn, and at the same time as he opened the door he saw a man flying right past him, straight across the room.


After they had split up, Ailith had spent a couple of hours walking around the marketplace listening to the latest gossip, most of which had concerned who may or may not participate in this or that part of the Games. It seemed to be the only thing anyone could think about these days. Around noon a raven had found her and it landed on her shoulder. Luckily she had just left the marketplace, and though she did receive a few strange looks, everyone minded their own business. Keeping ravens, or birds at all for that matter wasn't too rare, though most were not so familiar with their owners as this one was. Ailith carefully removed the note that the bird had carried, and after she had read it she decided to head straight for the usual meeting spot and wait for Aldur to finish, unless he was there already. The note contained rather disturbing news, though unfortunately not unexpected.
Once at The Dagger, Ailith sat down at a small table in one of the corners. While it was common courtesy not to steal from each other in a small room where everyone carried weapons, Ailith preferred the questionable safety of a wall behind her back. As she sat there, pondering the message, and wondering how much longer she would have to wait, she noticed a man heading towards her table.
"And what might a beauty such as yourself be doing around here." He said, with his breath reeking of alcohol.
"That is none of your business, and I'd advice you to stay away." Ailith replied with a voice as cold as ice.
"Now, is that any way to treat a customer?" The man said, clearly too drunk to realize he was making the wrong assumptions.
"I do not work here, nor do I provide the services you seek, now leave me alone, I don't want any trouble, and I can assure you that neither do you." She replied, and she tried to pinpoint the familiar feeling of Aldur's mind, and after finding it she sent him a telepathic message.
The man, slightly confused had walked away, and now stood a few meters away, talking to two other men. Ailith was just about to look around to see if Aldur had shown yet when she noticed all three of the men walking towards her, the two new companions not nearly as drunk as the first one. Ailith stood up and began walking towards the exit, but the first man cut her off and blocked her way out, with the other two coming up behind her.
"Where do you think you are going?" The first man said as he stood a few inches away from her.
"Poor you," Ailith began as she started compressing some of the air around her, "you should have minded your own business." She said with a coy smile as she placed her hand on his chest, and released all the pressurized air at her palm, sending the man flying across the room, just as Aldur opened the door. Ailith could see the hint of confusion in his face for just a moment.


Aldur quickly scanned the room and found Ailith standing directly opposite from where the man had landed, and it didn't take a genius to figure out what had happened. What he also saw however was the two men behind her, one of them having already drawn his sword. Aldur leapt forward, pushing Ailith out of the way as he caught the strike on his left arm. Then, in one motion, he pulled out the short blade that was strapped to his lower arm, and had only a moment ago protected his arm, then grabbed his opponents wrist with his free hand, twisting it in such an angle that he dropped his sword and fell down to one knee, and held the knife to his throat.
"Care to give it another try?" Aldur jested as everyone else in the inn flinched. He then looked over his shoulder towards Ailith. "Let's go, shall we?" Then he turned towards the rest of the room. "Me and my friend here are going to leave, and I'd advice you to just forget about this whole incident. Don't bother sending anyone after us unless you can spare the man, I can assure you that I really don't like being followed." With those last words, he threw his opponent down on the floor, sheathed the dagger, then he and Ailith ran out of there before the rest of them could react.
"Really Ailith? You had to throw him across the entire room? You're lucky their kind is more tolerant regarding magic than the general population," Aldur said when they were outside, "let's head west, back to the sanctuary."
"It wasn't the whole room, only halfway across. And we're going north," she replied, "the raven returned, Darios needs to speak with us, he's in Skyspire, and it's urgent."
"Dark wings, dark words." Aldur muttered to himself. "North it is then, a ship would be faster but I think we should get out of town quickly, I have a feeling that the fool boy will not be wise enough to heed my warning, nor will his friends I'd wager."
As they quickly made their way north, out of the city, Aldur kept looking behind them so often that he almost ran into a group of women as he rounded a corner.
"Pardon me ladies." He said as he took a step to the side just in time to avoid a collision, he then hurried onward, Ailith just behind him.
"I thought you were supposed to be a master of shadows, very stealthy of you to run into people." She joked, receiving a not so friendly look from her friend.
"Normally I am not running from a guy who have been tossed across a room, and for some reason my senses are weird. I think it has something to do with Aniu. Ever since last night I've felt some kind of presence around me, stronger still here in the city."
"That would be my presence." Aniu replied, which almost made Aldur fall over from the surprise.
"You didn't think it would be good to mention that to me?" Aldur said sourly, feeling as though nothing was going his way today.
"I just did. Beware however, there is someone else like you somewhere in the city, aside from sensing me, you now have the ability to sense other guardians, and beasts as well. However, they can also sense you, and me when I am physically in your world."
"Splendid. And I suppose there is no way of telling their affiliation before meeting them?" Aldur replied, already having guessed the answer.
"No."

There were no forests, and few trees at all along the road north of Easthaven, not until Oakwood, aside from the occasional clusters of trees that looked almost out of place in the open surroundings. It was close to one of the larger ones that Aldur and Ailith decided to take a break, and get something to eat. Ailith had, as she always did when they traveled together, changed into a wolf as soon as they had been alone and out of sight from the city. Aldur was just about to open his bag when he heard Ailith let out a low growl.
"Someone is coming, and there's something strange about them." Ailith said and loked south.
"Mages?" Aldur asked.
"I think so. Though all mages are different, one of them seems different even for a mage." She replied.
"Aniu," Aldur said out loud, "could it be the other guardian?"
"They are too far away to say for certain, and if you summon me they will surely notice it, if there is a guardian among them."
"Splendid." Aldur said as he unsheathed his blade and hid behind a tree. "We'll just have to wait and see, if they're not looking for us there is no reason to announce our presence."

So there they stood, man, wolf and spirit, hiding behind the trees some distance from the road, waiting.

--------------------

Darios
Skyspire Library
RPers involved: Kamikaze


"I dislike death indeed, but there are things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger."

Darios woke up as the sun came in through the eastern window and the light fell on his face. He had fallen asleep in the chair, again, reading a book that had revealed little. It could be the same radicals that were after mages now as it had been back then, but then again, it could be the work moon-dwelling gnomes for all he knew. Darios hated not knowing, and he would not be able to put this aside, not with so many brothers and sisters taken. He should get out of the capital as soon as he could, he knew that much, but he also knew that the Games were coming, only a few weeks away now. He had little interest in participating, but the Games attracted everyone, merchants and thieves, craftsmen and mercenaries, the gentry as well as the common people. It was the golden opportunity to find out what was going on, once and for all, there was just a slight downside to it. By now, there was probably a prize on his head, and at least a couple of the guards had gotten a good enough look at him to make the wanted posters not too far from his actual appearance. And with people coming in from all over the region, Midland Fortress would hardly be an exception. At any rate, he would have to wait for Ailith and Aldur to arrive before he moved on anywhere. And since he wasn't in any rush to leave, he might as well go and get something to eat.
__________________

Random Sprite Art, all done by me. That includes the animated Shaymin I use as an avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-12-2012, 10:53 PM
CM's Avatar
CM Offline
Dungeon Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: FLAMING RATTATA!!!
Posts: 7,788
Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Menora Silvanus, Mellony Silvanus, Celestine
Easthaven
ARPers: Kamikaze (Aldur, Ailith)
The three women had went to a few of the merchants homes, knowing that some still sell supplies after leaving the Underground base. Some had been men and women that used to always supply the three and usually gave them a discount. After getting enough supplies to get them to at least Oakwood, or maybe even Northwatch if they were careful, they then set out to hit the road. However, Celestine was not yet finished talking about how her companion wanted to join the Games in the capital city.

"I still don't see why you want to risk being in the capital that long, Top Shot," the blood mage said, walking next to the hunter. "I mean, if you do win a couple games I can see it will be because of the coin. But is it really worth risking getting arrested?"

"Anythin' to make my daughter's life easier is worth any risk," Menora replied.

The hunter had a young daughter who is about six now. The young girl was currently staying with Celestine's wife, who last they heard was also heading to the capital to oversee the tavern she ran there during the Games. Business would be busy, so she wanted to make sure everything ran smoothly. However, before any of them could reply to what the rogue had said or continue their own though, someone almost bumped into them.

"Pardon me ladies," the person said, and by the voice Menora could tell it was a man. Other than he was barely taller than Celestine and his brown hair they didn't get a good look of him. The mages noted he had a traveling companion, but the hunter stood still with a hand on the front of her right hip, just over her brand. It burned, but not painfully. It was just a warning that another Guardian or Sacred Beast was about.

"Aww," Celestine cooed. "Couldn't stay long enough to get his name. Or that girl's. Both looked rather attractive."

That earned her a smack on the arm from the younger mage. "Not now, Celestine. Besides, don't you have to get Agana's permission?"

The blood mage chuckled before turning to her dark haired companion, noticing how stiff she was. Mellony also noticed her sister's reaction to the pair, especially how the hunter's gaze followed them.

"Sis, what is it?"

"He's a Guardian," Menora said. "But I didn't get a good feel as to which Sacred Beast he could be bonded to. But since I didn't feel Omen become aggressive with him near he should be on our side."

"In the Beast wars, maybe," the oldest woman said, suddenly serious, "but maybe not in the mage and tech war."

The comment was ignored. Menora brought her right hand up and with two fingers she whistled. Not even a full moment later a large black direwolf with striking blue eyes jumped off a nearby rooftop next to the women. His shoulder height was Menora's height. It wasn't uncommon to see hunters with a direwolf as a companion, but one of his size was an uncommon sight. He nudged her with his head before the hunter signaled for her companions to follow. She was going to find out what was going on with that Guardian. Having a year under her belt being one herself, she knows how to track another Guardian down successfully.

They followed the trail until once they were out of Easthaven. Menora had taken the front with her pet while the two mages were just a few steps behind her. The scattered clusters of trees would make perfect covers for ambushes, so even if she appeared calm the hunter was on edge. It was when Menora had stopped and raised her hand to signal the others to stop. It was at one of the larger clusters that she felt the presence of that Guardian they bumbled into earlier. It was then that she felt Omen's presence in her mind.

"Be careful, my Guardian. Even if we don't sense Drakon's influence on this one does not mean they are an ally," the Sacred Beast told her.

Menora had her bow drawn, but not wanting to make herself look like a threat she returned it to her belt and signaled for her sister and companion to sheath their weapons as well. The direwolf also backed up and lowered his head, but even if he wasn't growling he kept a sharp eye on the cluster of trees he knew someone was hiding in.

"Careful, sweet thing. I didn't notice this before, but one of them is a mage," Celestine then spoke, her hands now on her hips with her scythe returned to her own belt.

Menora only nodded before she addressed whoever it was that was hiding from their sight. "Come on out. We ain't hear to cause any trouble. We just want to talk, Guardian."
Drakon
Somewhere between Lakeshire and Riverrun
ARPers: Winter (Aileena)
Not far from the raccoon's Guardian, hidden in the shadows of the trees, a dark chuckle was heard. Slithering from the shadow's cover, a large crimson dragon emerged. The sun shining off of his scales gave him an orange glow as he approached the young woman.

"An interesting choice in a Guardian, Harland," the dragon spoke, in a smooth and deep voice. Even if his jaws were not moving, he still had the power to speak to other Guardians and Sacred Beasts if he chose to through telepathy.

The dragon circled around the young woman, examining her. His expression could not be read unless one looked into his eyes, which shined with amusement. This didn't appear to be any normal human, but still did not understand why the Beast of Trickery chose her. It did not seem to fit him at all. The "raccoon" could have done so much better in his opinion, but he could not force the Beast to change Guardians unless he killed his current one, twice if Harland brought this woman back from the dead. However for now that is not the reasoning for the dragon's appearance here without his own Guardian. No, he wanted to discuss business.
__________________
Crystal Momoyia

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-13-2012, 12:07 AM
The Sensei Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairburn, GA, USA
Posts: 49
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Samuel Newton & Anatenajah
Inside Conference Room at Underground
ARPers: Winter

Once the young lady started talking, Samuel could hear the “no-nonsense” in her voice. This girl is serious and Samuel was actually surprised. Most of the girls now a days only stayed home with their mothers preparing food and learning how to take care of a family but not this girl. She is one of the few who decided to take up arms against different people. Samuel knew that she could take care of certain missions by herself, but a mission saving a hostage taken by the government? Oh yeah, she will need some more help. Samuel was just a little excited but did not let it show because that could ruin how they look at him. Samuel looked over by Anatenajah who was just sitting there listening attentively. Samuel wondered what was going through “The Shadow’s” Mind.

Anatenajah looked up and decided to speak. “Ma’am it will be no easy feat”, he started out, “Two days ago when I was traveling here I saw a cart where they keep the mages for one they take away anything that gives them power and put about 20 highly skilled guards or even more depending on how powerful the mage is, I saw one cart with 50 of them. Then if they are not in the cart they are in a building with a lot of soldiers not so much trained but a lot of them and probably a barracks would be nearby with even more. I have no problem doing this for I am concern for your sister’s fate. Do you know if she is a cart or in a cell.”

Samuel was shocked to discover that Anatenajah knew so much and was shocked to see how they put so many troops on mages. So it would be somewhat difficult, but hey he always liked a challenged.

Last edited by The Sensei; 06-13-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-13-2012, 05:02 AM
CM's Avatar
CM Offline
Dungeon Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: FLAMING RATTATA!!!
Posts: 7,788
Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Agana, Alexa Silvanus (NPCs)
Skyspire
ARPers: Eternal Moonlight (Amber)
The streets had been busy, but not as busy as they soon will be. The Games have yet to even start and already businesses were booming. This was the time of the year most took advantage of the large gathering to make the most coin in one place or setting they will over the course of the year. Even in the weeks the preparations were still being made and in the weeks things were calming down. And this was the time of year Agana absolutely loved.

The young woman was successful in both a business and in hiding her secrets. She looked like most women. She has long crimson hair, matching eyes, ivory skin, and some say has the figure of a goddess. She knew that she was attractive and often used it to seal deals, but she never flaunted it like the whores in the brothels (that weren't all that attractive to begin with in her opinion). She carried herself with pride and was completely ladylike. Almost as if she were of noble blood, but only just being a very successful businesswoman. She owned a line of taverns and inns which brought in great business for herself and her employees. And she had no complaints on the rewards.

Now she was on her way to her main tavern in the capital that was also an inn. She knew that that building would have the most business so Agana had every intention to oversee business personally. However she also had something - correction, someone - to look after. She was watching a companion's daughter since her mother was busy with contracts. The woman didn't mind. She saw the young six-year-old as a niece and had called her such, earning her the "aunt" title from the girl. She smiled a bit as she watched the girl now that was walking beside her. She had jet black hair that now reached her shoulders and striking emerald green eyes that could rival the elves in brightness. The young girl had a skip in her step as she walked next to the older woman, looking at the other taverns and inns they passed. When she looked up, seeming to sense when she was being watched (like her mother, Agana noted) she smiled.

Then something caught the young girl's eye, and before Agana knew it she had run off. Luckily the streets were empty at this time, but it was still unwise. With a soft chuckle she quickly followed. She then her younger companion slow down and look and a woman that Agana hadn't seen before. Or more like look at the bird and cat that accompanied the woman.

"Hi Miss," the girl greeted the animal's owner. "I'm Alexa. May I pet your kitty?"

Agana couldn't help but laugh. She then saw the inn the woman was about to enter and shook her head. She knew the competition well, and knew that this inn would not fit this woman's needs with her animal companions.

"Alexa," she softly called the young girl, "It's not safe to run off like that. And not every animal you meet will like to be touched like your mother's." Alexa pouted a bit at the older woman. Agana just smiled and then turned her attention to the woman before her. "As for your, deary, I wouldn't go in there. The owner isn't that fond of animals, and if you ask me the rooms and food are greatly overpriced."
__________________
Crystal Momoyia

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-13-2012, 05:10 AM
Winter's Avatar
Winter Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Banora, munchin' on dumbapples...
Posts: 4,527
Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

OOC: The Sensei, just to let you know, that last post is using both past an present tense, which makes reading it really awkward. You might wanna keep an eye out for that in the future.

Anya
Southbay Underground, in a conference room
ARPers: The Sensei (Samuel Newton and Antenajah)


Anya watched Antenajah as he spoke and grinned at him. "Now, did I ever say this was going to be easy? No," she started before moving on to his next remark about them taking away whatever gave them power and outright laughed. "The thing is, they grossly underestimated her due to her nature as a healer and they also didn't seem to do their homework on her very well--she doesn't use a staff, she uses a bracelet to control her powers, which she managed to hide in her coat pocket and is still in possession of. Personally, I don't care how many I have to cut down to free her, I don't care if I die in the process, but it will be done. She will go free no matter what I have to do... And she's in a cell," Anya paused as Laila growled in the back of her mind.

/They did not do well when they took Rayna in. They did not know they were taking in the Guardian of a Sacred Beast...nor did they know she had a sister ready to tear them apart by the thousands, should she have to!/ the swan-feathered cougar snarled, seeming to absorb Anya's energy.

/You wouldn't die, silly Anya. I would heal you, just like I heal everyone else!/ Rayna added in, laughing mentally. Speaking of healing...

"There's also another man in the same cell she's in, but I have no idea what he's capable of...however he looks pretty startling..." Anya's voice steadily got softer towards the end as she realized what she was saying and how strange it sounded. /Ugh, well, since I've probably given away our little mindshare secret on this end, you wanna try to start seeing what this Hyde guy can do and if he might be of use in this little breakout scheme of ours, Rayna?/ she asked mentally.

/Yeah, I guess I can try,/ Rayna replied simply.


Aileena Crowfeather
Somewhere between Lakeshire and Riverrun
ARPers: CM (Drakon)


"Harland, who is this?" Aileena asked warily, watching the dragon approach her with obvious nervousness. Harland, however, was more focused on Drakon.

"Trouble follows Aileena wherever she goes, and you know how found of trouble and trickery I am, Drakon," the raccoon replied, chuckling. Aileena's eyes widened at the name, but she said nothing. "Why do you think I joined your side of the war? The mayhem that would ensue if we won... That aside, have you sen that woman fight? She's a terror of a berserker." Aileena opened her mouth to correct Harland on his referring to her as "that woman," but she quickly shut her mouth as the raccoon turned serious. "However I don't believe you came here to discuss my Guardian with me. What is it that you are really here for, Drakon?"

OOC: No Rayna because I'm lazy. I'll get her next post.
__________________

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com