Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 04:04 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default [WAR XI] Saraibre Ryu of GUN vs. Velocity of Revolution Uprising.

Semi-Finals
Quote:
Battle: Single, 1 Pokemon each.
DQ: 24-hours.
Damage Caps: None.
Restrictions: No OHKOs (including Perish Song and Destiny Bond); three Chills.
Arena: Indigo Plateau: Water
A 50' by 50' square swimming pool enclosed by tiled blue walls. A few pedestals are scattered through the water for non-swimmers to stand on, including one for Trainers on either side. Smooth, blue, chlorine-laced water gleams below the pedestals. Because of the water, Pokemon who are particularly graceful swimmers will be able to move more quickly. The damage Water-type moves inflict will occasionally be boosted slightly.
Roll 1-100 for every Water move used. If the roll is less than 30, the move's damage will be multiplied by 1.25. Swift Swim is always active as long as the Pokemon who has the ability is in the water.
Ref Style: Open.
Saraibre Ryu will send her Pokemon.
Velocity will send her Pokemon and moves.
Saraibre Ryu will post his moves.
Someone will Ref.
etc.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:51 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: [WAR XI] Saraibre Ryu of GUN vs. Velocity of Revolution Uprising.

Raichu ♂
Ability: Static

To battle Dudechu.

Also, I'm a her not a his. ><
Old 07-03-2012, 02:59 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

For the record, I was in a state of panic when I realized you could have gotten Pelipper.

[-] Sandslash (M)
Ability: Sand Veil

All right, my little rodent friend. Make a Sandstorm - the lack of dirt shouldn't be a problem, giving that sandstorms come from the maker in the anime. Follow up with Sand Tomb. If your foe should make a rush at you of any kind, use Swift to deal damage and knock him into the water. Swords Dance is how we'll meet any Protects or Detects.

Sandstorm/Swift/Swords Dance ~ Sand Tomb/Swift/Swords Dance

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 07-03-2012, 04:01 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

For the record, I am questioning this RNG even more now.

Dudechu the Raichu, yes that's your dubbed name, start by using Nasty Plot, and then using your superior speed to use Magnet Rise.

Nasty Plot ~ Magnet Rise
Old 07-03-2012, 09:37 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

The qualifying round was over, and the semi-finals were beginning. Saraibre Ryu had returned to the water arena, where she had beaten sammy0295 in the last round, to face off against Velocity, who had defeated Digital. The two trainers watched each other over the pool, waiting for the signal to begin. I blew my whistle so that the battle could get started.

Saraibre Ryu went first, throwing her poké ball at one of the floating platforms. From it, there emerged a large, orange rat which stood on two legs. Its lightning-bolt shaped tail flickered behind it, preparing to make a quick strike if necessary. Saraibre smiled at her new pokémon, knowing that an electric-type would have an advantage in this arena.

However, the appearance of Velocity’s pokémon would change that assumption. Another rodent, this one more yellow, appeared. It had long, vicious claws and a cloak of spikes on its back. The spikes bristled, as if the Sandslash was anticipating an attack which he would have to defend against. Velocity was not too happy with this development; even though she had the type-advantage, this was an incredibly difficult arena for her pokémon. She would have to be careful if she wanted to avoid her ground-type being hurt by falling into the water.

Round One

Saraibre Ryu (GUN)

[Dudechu] Raichu (M)

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Not best pleased at his opponent
Moves: Nasty Plot ~ Magnet Rise

Velocity (Awesome)

Sandslash (M)

Energy: 100%
Condition: Nervous about all the water.
Moves: Sandstorm/Swift/Swords Dance ~ Sand Tomb/[STRIKE]

Raichu looked strangely for a moment at Saraibre Ryu, who had decided to name him ‘Dudechu’ for the battle. Then he shrugged, deciding that he could live with it – he’d heard worse nicknames, after all. Getting back to the point, he knew that he would have to curb his enthusiasm to attack for the time being. Instead, he would have to figure out a plan to overcome the type disadvantage that he faced and bring his temporary trainer the victory. He plotted and schemed, hardly noticing the dark energy that flickered around his tail and the icy coldness that it brought. Soon the plan seemed complete, and he looked up again, ready to begin the real fight.

Sandslash had a plan too. Crossing his arms over his chest, he fell back onto his tail and began to spin round and round. Sand sprayed from his body: from under his fur and beneath his spikes. Soon, the whole arena seemed to be filled with the cloud of spinning grit. Dudechu grimaced, feeling the fast moving dirt graze his skin; he knew that the sand could seriously hamper his chances of winning.

Nevertheless, he still had to follow the plan. He sensed the earth’s magnetic field, feeling where it was strong and weak and began to manipulate the charge in his body so that he would be slightly repelled by the earth. This caused him to levitate above the platform on which he had stood, which in turn made him immune to most of Sandslash’s ground-type moves.

Sandslash hadn’t realised this though. He reached out into the sand, controlling it with his mind. He forced some of it to condense into a sphere where he had last seen his opponent, hoping that it would suffocate him. However, since Dudechu had now moved away from his original spot, he wasn’t caught in the ball, and was safe... kind of. The fast moving sand was taking its toll on the rat – his skin was torn and bloody and his eyes were constantly watering. He had known that it would be difficult to battle in these conditions, but this was ridiculous.

Saraibre Ryu (GUN)

[Dudechu] Raichu (M)

HP: 94%
Energy: 91%
Condition: Not pleased with the weather; +2 Special Attack; Levitating (1 round remaining)

Velocity (Awesome)

Sandslash (M)

Energy: 90%
Condition: Not sure what’s going on

Notes
Nasty Plot- (Raichu -3% Energy, +2 Special Attack)
Sandstorm- (Sandslash -7% Energy; Sandstorm is in effect)
Magnet Rise- (Raichu -6% Energy, levitating)
Sand Tomb- (Rolled 90/100, 85 or less to hit; Sandslash -3% Energy)
Can’t stop thinking about Gaara’s Sand Burial

Arena Notes
No water-type moves were made this round
Sandstorm- (Raichu -6% HP)
Old 07-04-2012, 06:04 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Okay Dudechu, as you're levitating over the water, start off with Swift and then get rid of that weather and spite the other rodent with Rain Dance, using Rain Dance after Sandslash has used his second action. If Sandslash Protects the first round, use Nasty Plot instead. If he uses Substitute use Swift instead.

Swift/Nasty Plot~Rain Dance [After Sandslash has moved in the second action]/Swift
Old 07-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Swift hits no matter what. (Pokémon using Protect, Detect, and Substitute, as well as Ghost Pokémon are not affected).
Firstly, use Rapid Spin to deflect that Swift and hopefully send some straight back at Raichu. Then, use Substitute @1%. Now we can make it into Round Three virtually unscathed - which we'll need for sure.

Rapid Spin (Deflect Swift) ~ Substitute @1%

Old 07-04-2012, 07:55 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Two

Saraibre Ryu

[Dudechu] Raichu (M)

HP: 94%
Energy: 91%
Condition: Not pleased with the weather; +2 Special Attack; Levitating (1 more action)
Moves: Swift/Nasty Plot ~ Rain Dance/Swift

Velocity

Sandslash (M)

Energy: 90%
Condition: Not sure what’s going on; +1 Evasion
Moves: Rapid Spin ~ Substitute

Dudechu peered through the sandstorm, still feeling incredibly irritated by it. Still, he had to continue to fight, no matter how difficult it was. He couldn’t find detect any trace of the strange glow made by a pokémon’s shield when they used Protect, so he assumed that it was safe to go for the attack. His tail began to glow bright white as he hovered above the still water and he began swinging it back and forth. As he did this, a myriad of shining white stars were released from it, and immediately began homing in on Sandslash.

The desert rat wasn’t unprepared though. The spines on his back stiffened, bristling as he prepared to defend himself against the attack. Even with the decreased visibility, he could see the stars as the approached him, spinning through the surrounding sand. As they got closer, he fell back onto his tail and began to spin, using the spikes on his back to deflect the attack. Some still managed to get through the defence, drawing thin cuts across Sandslash’s chest, but just as many were knocked back at Dudechu, whose torn skin cut up even more by his own attack. As Raichu stopped throwing the stars, and Sandslash stopped spinning, taking a moment to steady himself on the rocking platform, they realised that neither of them had come off much better than the other.

Sandslash frowned at the wounds on his chest – he needed a more solid defence to protect him until the end of the round. Channelling a little energy into the sand around him, he drew it into a form that slightly resembled his own body and so might trick his opponent in the confusion of the sandstorm. He then placed one of his claws on the model’s head, imparting a very small amount of lifeforce into it – just enough to allow it to move and defend him from whatever Raichu would throw at him.

Now that the sandstorm was beginning to die out, Dudechu could see that there were two Sandslash. Fortunately, he had planned for this eventuality. He drifted slightly towards the two of them, his tail beginning to glow as it had before. Then he began to swing, and white stars rained down on Velocity’s pokémon, but none hit him. The substitute threw himself into the stars, giving up its own short life to protect its creator, preserving his health for the final round. As the stars ripped his clone to shreds, the ground-type sighed with relief, watching as Dudechu descended on a nearby pedestal, his gravity-defying magnetic field wearing out.

At the same time, the sandstorm was blowing itself out, the sand falling to the perfectly blue water and sinking to the bottom, making a mess that someone would have to clean up later. The sand had done its damage though, Dudechu’s skin was ripped and blistered by it, and he did seem quite a bit worse off than his desert-dwelling foe. They faced each other from their neighbouring platforms, preparing to engage for the sprint to the finish, when one would engage victorious. At this point, it could still be either; everything was still to play for.

Saraibre Ryu

[Dudechu] Raichu (M)

HP: 84%
Energy: 79%
Condition: Flicking his tail; +2 Special Attack

Velocity

Sandslash (M)

HP: 95%
Energy: 88%
Condition: Sharpening his claws

Notes
Swift- (Raichu -6% Energy; Sandslash -4% HP)
Rapid Spin- (Does not have sufficient BP to fully protect against Swift; Sandslash -2% Energy; Raichu -4% HP)
Substitute- (Sandslash -1% Energy, -1% HP; Substitute +1% HP)
Swift- (Raichu -6% Energy; Substitute -1% HP, breaks)
200 rounds! And 800 posts!

Arena Notes
No water-type moves were made this turn
Sandstorm- (Raichu -6% HP)
Sandstorm has ended
Old 07-05-2012, 02:05 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Technically, in the anime, Rapid Spin blocks all attacks. BUT ANYWAY.

Ideally, I'd like to see a simple couple of Mud Shots. I know that's not going to happen, however. It's time to drop the pretenses: Surf is a factor, it will kill us if it gets used. That said, I want you to play sniper. Use Swift if ever Dudechu comes at you with Surf and knock him off of his wave, which will hopefully make him completely lose control of the wave. If he does something screwy like control the wave from a distance - although technically he can't do that - pull another Rapid Spin deflection. If for whatever weird reason he protects, use Sandstorm on turn one and Chill on turn two. You will also default to the Sandstorm-Chill plan if he uses Bide.

Mud Shot/Swift/Rapid Spin/Sandstorm ~ Mud Shot/Swift/Rapid Spin/Chill

Old 07-05-2012, 06:39 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Well thanks to that, I don't need to explain how Dudechu is gonna use Surf, but he's gonna do it the way the Chu family do it best.

I also confirmed with 3m0d0ll that the pedestals are indeed, free floating. SO WITH THAT-

Yes Dudechu, you're going to pummel that rodent with two Surfs, but you're going to do it with style. Using your advantage of speed, you're going to make one hell of a wave pool for that Sandslash, and you're going to do it...while standing on that platform of yours. Yes, use it as a makeshift surf board since you're making a giant wave in the pool anyway, it won't take you any extra effort. Since you're going to be on top of that wave and the change in water is going to put Sandslash down even further, he's going to have to aim up at you to hit you with Swift. Use the platform you're standing on as you literally Surf, and whatever ones you grab with your giant waves, to block some, if not all of the attack each time. Even if you do somehow get knocked off the top of the wave, by the time you have Surf up, all it's gonna need is to come crashing down on that long clawed, spiney, yellow foe of yours.

So there we have it, use Surf twice and bring those platforms with you!

Surf [With Platforms]~Surf [With Platforms]
Old 07-05-2012, 09:48 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Three

Saraibre Ryu (G.U.N.)

[Dudechu] Raichu (M)

HP: 84%
Energy: 79%
Condition: Flicking his tail; +2 Special Attack
Moves: Surf ~ Surf

Velocity (Revolution Uprising)

Sandslash (M)

HP: 95%
Energy: 88%
Condition: Sharpening his claws
Moves: Mud shot/Swift/Rapid Spin/Sandstorm ~ Mud Shot/Swift/Rapid Spin/Chill

Dudechu grinned broadly, knowing that his plan was about to finally pay off. Resisting the urge to scratch at his broken skin, he drove his tail into the platform on which he was standing and began to channel energy into it and the water below it. As this energy was poured into the water, it began to shift, stirring up the sand at the bottom pool.

Sandslash looked around, terrified, as the water got choppier. In desperation, he stuck one of his claws into his own platform to stop himself being thrown clean off. Then, as he looked up, he could see Raichu on top of a giant wave, surfing it with his platform. With a growl, the desert rat poured energy into his remaining claw and swiped it at the looming electric-type, sending a few dozen stars spiralling up towards him. Dudechu ignored them, but when they swerved, avoiding the wave and coming straight towards him, he realised that his planned defence against them was not as effective as he had thought and braced himself for the impact. The stars thudded into him, drawing blood from his damaged skin, but his tail anchored him in place and he remained on his platform.

Sandslash cursed when he saw that Dudechu was still riding the wave, and then screamed as he realised that it was coming down. The wall of water fell on him, crushing him momentarily under its weight. Then it was gone, and he was lying on his pedestal, gasping frantically for air. Luckily, his claw embedded in the pedestal had saved him from being dragged off and drowned, so that was something to be grateful for. Still, he didn’t want to go through that again.

But his opponent hadn’t finished yet. The water was still as turbulent as before, and Dudechu was building up another wave for his final strike. Sandslash dragged himself to his feet, staring up at the wave in front of him. His free claw glowed bright white and he slashed at the air desperately, creating a trail of stars each time. These spun up the wave, reaching their target in a matter of seconds. Dudechu didn’t have time to react before they were surrounding him, slashing him from every direction. He drew his tail from the pedestal to try and bat them away, and then realised his mistake. The stars pushed at him, making him uneasy, which was fatal on an unsteady pedestal, and he fell into the raging waters below before he had the chance to correct his mistake.

Sandslash had a moment to celebrate this, but it was a short-lived moment. Although the water was calming without the influence of Raichu’s energy, the wave that had been surging towards him had too much momentum to stop. It crashed down on the ground-type, pinning him to his platform until the sudden torrent was over. After this, he gradually picked himself up, knowing that the battle was done now – it was just a question of who had won.

Dudechu grabbed hold of a nearby platform and pulled himself up. Both pokémon were bloodied and bruised and panting for breath after an intense final round. Everyone, myself included, waited with baited breath as the results were processed – it still seemed that it could go either way. Then, the screen flashed white: the winner was decided. After a momentary pause, a picture of Saraibre Ryu and another of Dudechu filled the screen, ending the battle’s proceedings. The two trainers met at the edge of the pool, returned their pokémon and shook hands. They had come here knowing that only one could proceed to the final, and now it was decided who. Sadly, Velocity would be going home, but she would go taking a handful of points to her team, which was, in the end, what mattered.

Saraibre Ryu (G.U.N.)

[Dudechu] Raichu (M)

HP: 66%
Energy: 61%
Condition: Pleased, but still exhausted

Velocity (Revolution Uprising)

Sandslash (M)

HP: 51%
Energy: 72%
Condition: Shattered

Notes
Surf- (Raichu -9% Energy; Sandslash -22% HP)
Swift- (Rolled 94/100, 50 or less to knock Raichu off of platform; Sandslash -8% Energy; Raichu -6% HP)
Surf- (Raichu -9% Energy; Sandslash -22% HP)
Swift- (Rolled 17/100, 50 or less to knock Raichu off of platform; Critical Hit; Sandslash -8% Energy; Raichu -12% HP)

Arena Notes
Surf- (Rolled 69/100, no effect)
Surf- (Rolled 60/100, no effect)

Saraibre Ryu:
66+61=127
127/2=63.5
Velocity:
51+72=123
123/2=61.5

Saraibre Ryu wins

Winnings
Sariabre Ryu gains $20
Velocity gains $10
I gain $18
Old 07-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

So much for creativity. >:I Oh, well. Good game, Sabi.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

I won't deny you had me very worried those last two rounds. Good close battle. ^^