Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General

General Hang out here and talk to people participating the Ultra RPG. Talk about anything related to the Ultra RPG, or just any casual discussion with fellow participants of the Ultra RPG. New to Ultra RPG? Come in and see what's it all about.

Old 11-15-2005, 08:06 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Cool A Website in the Works

Long ago when we were at Yahoo, we had a Website with all our information and rules listed. When we moved to the forums, it wasn't necessary to have a website anymore (and no one updated it anyway). But a few months ago our admin Ryan had asked me if I wanted to make an URPG website so he could put a link on his site advertising the URPG. At the time it was important, but I'd like to get that going right now. It'll be a fun project for us to put together.

- I would need people who have run or run sites and know what to do.

- The site would have to match Pe2k's site design.

- I'm not up to date on free site hosting. The only one I've used in the past is Geocities.

- Basically anyone that wants to contribute something can post. I don't have a plan on how to get this done right now... but that's why I'm posting this.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 11-15-2005, 08:16 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: A Website in the Works

Well, since Ryan is offering free hosting on his server and his site, I figure we might as well take it. As far as I can tell, Ryan's server has always been stable and we haven't had any problems with it.

As for organizing it, I suppose we can divide up the different parts of the URPG and then people can sign up to code it. We would have to all have some sort of standard coding overall so that it looks fine. Of course, that also means we have to figure out what we want on the site.

I think that all the permanent information such as the rules should go on the site. Anything that changes constantly such as what's on the current auction should be left out so that we don't have to update as often.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:19 PM
Focal Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Focal Send a message via AIM to Focal Send a message via MSN to Focal Send a message via Yahoo to Focal Send a message via Skype™ to Focal

Well, the only other free web hosts I know, are Tripod and Freewebs. Not sure if it'll help, but could be useful

www.tripod.com
www.freewebs.com

my gift is my song and this one is for you + don't look down, it's only love that we're falling in
all the way to your very last breath, I'll be around 'till we're parted by Death + sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Old 11-17-2005, 04:59 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FShadow
Well, the only other free web hosts I know, are Tripod and Freewebs. Not sure if it'll help, but could be useful

www.tripod.com
www.freewebs.com
I got the hosting covered .
Old 11-25-2005, 07:46 PM
flareon008 Offline

Send a message via AIM to flareon008 Send a message via Yahoo to flareon008

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33
Long ago when we were at Yahoo, we had a Website with all our information and rules listed. When we moved to the forums, it wasn't necessary to have a website anymore (and no one updated it anyway). But a few months ago our admin Ryan had asked me if I wanted to make an URPG website so he could put a link on his site advertising the URPG. At the time it was important, but I'd like to get that going right now. It'll be a fun project for us to put together.

- I would need people who have run or run sites and know what to do.

- The site would have to match Pe2k's site design.

- I'm not up to date on free site hosting. The only one I've used in the past is Geocities.

- Basically anyone that wants to contribute something can post. I don't have a plan on how to get this done right now... but that's why I'm posting this.

~Jack~
I offered this awhile ago to make you guys a site :P I was turned down. I have a webhost and I could buy a domain for you guys.
oh well lol. I'm up to help.. I probably don't know as much html as ryan does but I've done very little to my own site :P www.azntiger.com

Doing everything with a flare.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:14 PM
TDD91 Offline

I've done some site designing in the past using NVU Editor, im quite good at arranging things on the page an stuff like that, and cause im addicted to the net, it'll always get updated.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:26 AM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

iv run 2 sites before an am now a mod on another site. I can help with organization and in ALL catagories. So do ya want my help?
Old 12-01-2005, 01:47 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

well, I'm leaving this open for members to control and start working on themselves. i'll be on the outside of the project for now (because I'm busy with other things).

basic layout of planned site:
- all important stickied threads would be linked here.
- the main page would have an introduction explaining what the URPG is. it would also have any major announcements like you see on most sites.
- I was also thinking of having a Member Review page, like people give reviews for movies. *shrugs*
- it would look just like PE2k's site, with a few differences here and there.
- and I would also need access to the site (username and such) so if it needed to be edited I could.

that's all I've really thought about. I hope more people would like to help. bascially anyone that wants to help can decide how to work on this. besides, I don't understand HTML Ryan is talking about.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 12-01-2005, 02:13 AM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33
well, I'm leaving this open for members to control and start working on themselves. i'll be on the outside of the project for now (because I'm busy with other things).

basic layout of planned site:
- all important stickied threads would be linked here.
- the main page would have an introduction explaining what the URPG is. it would also have any major announcements like you see on most sites.
- I was also thinking of having a Member Review page, like people give reviews for movies. *shrugs*
- it would look just like PE2k's site, with a few differences here and there.
- and I would also need access to the site (username and such) so if it needed to be edited I could.

that's all I've really thought about. I hope more people would like to help. bascially anyone that wants to help can decide how to work on this. besides, I don't understand HTML Ryan is talking about.

~Jack~
I can proabbly write a few paragrphs explaining what the URPG is.... if anyone wants me too tell me.

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:04 AM
All-Star Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to All-Star Send a message via Yahoo to All-Star

I can help with anything. I would really like to make the website banner or something. But just whatever you need help on.

|URPG|

Old 12-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Togepi Offline
Banned

Location: Tokyo, Japan. I live in the basement of Tokyo Pokemon Center
Send a message via AIM to Togepi

I own the Togepi Battling Network Website and I will advertise Ultra RPG on my site for the following: Free or $1000 Ultra RPG Dollars

Yes I can help. For free. Or Ultra RPG Cash. Yes I am Greedy, Envying and Togepi. I can run the gyms and/pr Tournaments. Just make me a Moderator please [if you can] on Ultra RPG. I am begging you!! I have a lot of time and can work for free. Please don`t invite Donald Trump! I hate getting fired!
Edit: I will write paragraphs or any thing but sprite/banner design. Oh if I am hired please advertise my site and I will advertise yours. Heck, if you want, you can use TBN [Togepi Battling Network]. Although I need help.I have the HTML somewher... oh here is the link: http://www.freewebs.com/togepifan/index.htm use it

Last edited by Togepi; 12-21-2005 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:15 AM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

Togepi thta technically a Knock-off.

Anyway, I think i would be intrested in typing up the different subbmissinos and parts of the web page. I'll type up an example. I don't know anything about coding, so unless I could learn anything, I would have to send it to whoever has acess to the page.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:18 AM
Togepi Offline
Banned

Location: Tokyo, Japan. I live in the basement of Tokyo Pokemon Center
Send a message via AIM to Togepi

yeah it is a knock off. abandon my site`s ideas. I will still work and help take care of gyms/tournaments. I also can help with anything non sprite-like. But I can still advertise it on my site for free. You don`t even have to let me advertise on your site! Please hire me!
Old 12-21-2005, 12:20 AM
Nasty Plasty Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Nasty Plasty Send a message via MSN to Nasty Plasty

I'll gladly donate my time time this site! Just Pm me a job and I'll get on it! I might even work on a banner. Once i find the perfect background. Hmmm...what says URPG? Let's see what is the URPG? Battling....battling with Pokemon....Pokemon are cool.....Pokemon are different colors.....people like different colors......People like Pokemon!!!! I'll edit it on once it's done.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:25 AM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

this is a sampel I've written... I know the oppening is corny but I thin kit wuld do the job.