Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Pokemon Main Boards Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 04-20-2004, 11:26 AM
Tidus24 Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: How were you introduced to pokemon?

I started playing Pokemon yellow in my pc and then started to see the anime and collect the cards . Now I don't like Pokemon, the same way I did, I like playing the games, rarely I see the anime and the movies and gave my niece, my TCG collection.

Last edited by Tidus24; 04-20-2004 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:45 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

I was over my Granny's house and she let me watch TV. After looney toons came on I watched the first episode of pokemon. Ever since then I like pokemon. Not the show anymore but I like the games.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:01 AM
VenusaurTrainer Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via MSN to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to VenusaurTrainer

I was introduced through the Trading Card Game.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:03 AM
WdrngWrdWvr Offline
New Trainer

I remember how i first was introduced to Pokemon. I was still in high School, about 15-16. It hadnt been out long and my friends were raving about it. I eventually bought myself a gameboy, and Pokemon yellow and the rest is history. I'm now the proud founder of the highest quality pokemon club, going over 2 years old now and with over 100 members in total, i havent missed out on anything pokemon since i knew of its existance. Yay!
Old 04-21-2004, 02:15 AM
Finglonger Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Finglonger

hmm, I would tell you, but then I would have to kill you, and since none of us wants that....
Old 04-23-2004, 11:23 PM
Kento Kasha Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Kento Kasha Send a message via MSN to Kento Kasha

It was like, 4th or 5th grade, we were doing the whole Christmas present thing. I don't remember how it was, but if you had something someone else wanted you had to draw to see if they got it. Well I got like, seven packs of TV series cards, and I got to keep them. I took 'em home, and soon I got into collecting the real cards. Then I bought red, and it was history after that. I'm not into the card game much anymore, and I'm not a real fan of the anime now, although I'd like to see some Advanced Generation, since Hoenn is my favorite area. I mostly play the games now, it's my hobby, besides maintaining my Pokemon website.

-KK

Kento's Sceptile, RazorBlade!
Mastered @ 313 Posts
Kento's PokePet

Spiker, the Level 54 Dorapion!
Old 04-24-2004, 12:05 AM
Jeikobu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu

These Lunchables cut-out cards of all things got me interested, then I immediately started watching the anime starting with ep #001 and forward, bought myself a plush Pikachu (which still sits atop my shelf), and the rest is history.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old 04-24-2004, 10:33 PM
RaichuGuardian Offline
Experienced Trainer

I got a tape from Toys R Us. And it was about Pokemon. I was pretty young, so I had to watch it like, 5 times to understand what they were saying. They talked about the anime, and the games. I immediately knew I wanted it. sigh...

You versus me? Funny.
Old 04-24-2004, 10:50 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

I was introduced to it when my brother got the Nintendo Power magazine. It had the first Pokemon comic and the Pikachu TCG card. He didn't want me to get it and keep it, but I took it anyway. He eventually found out. I also watched the tape that came with it. Then later I was trying to find the channel Pokemon comes on and I found it on Kid's WB.

I still have the magazine that I got introduced to Pokemon with. It's sitting somewhere on my bookshelf. (Yeah, I have one.) And I still have the video. It's sitting somewhere collecting dust. LOTS of dust.

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 04-26-2004, 10:30 AM
Master of The Universe Offline
New Trainer

Well, when I was in 5thy grade, I saw some guys playing Pokemon Cards. Then I decided to buy them too. I played these cards for a while, and then a few weeks later I watched the shows. Then a while later I brought Pokemon Red. After I completed it I brought Blue and Yellow too. Then when GSC came out I got them. But then after playing GSC for a long time, I stopped liking Pokemon for like a year...until one day we went to this school camp where we could bring Gameboy games there, and my friends said they would bring their Pokemon games too and we'll battle. So I started raising my Pokemons and then I went to the camp to battle my friends. Ever since then I started liking Pokemon again, and then later I found Netbattle, and now I'm currently at this point.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:03 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Saw my cousin playing PKMN Yellow, so I got a Yellow GB and it too.

Another time was I got a Ponyta card from this kid on her birthday party. Pffft.
Old 04-26-2004, 04:27 PM
Khashoggi Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Khashoggi Send a message via MSN to Khashoggi

Just after R/B came out in the UK, I went over to my friend's and she was playing on a Blue version. She let me start a new game, and I was hooked... I got Red about a month later and have been a fan since.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Grand Duke Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Grand Duke

I got introduced to pokemon a while after the first season started in America. I've heard of this "Red and Blue" version around my class at the time and didn't know what the heck they were talking about. It was not until one morning, I flipped through channels before school and saw a Charmander battling, was I interested in pokemon. At the time though, I did not have a GB-C and most of the time talked about the animie. Eventually I got a GBA and then I started my interest in the pokemon games. Right now I don't really enjoy the anime anymore, although I still enjoy the games.
Old 05-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

It all started years ago, on the back of a lunchables. LOL, its true.
Old 05-02-2004, 07:57 PM
hadow Offline
Elite Trainer

Years ago when I found a pokemon card on the graund.