Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 02:22 AM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok
Angry Magikarp 1 Hit KO'ed My Wartortle!

Does anyone despise magikarp because of its sucky attacks? Well, it just did something amazing, i was battling a magikarp and it used splash, i thought, lol this wont be easy, but then the impossible happened, SPLASH KO'ed MY WARTORTLE!!!! I swear this is true, it must be a 1 out 100000000000000000000000000 chance or sometrhing, but i swear its true, if this has happened to anyone else, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
Old 07-31-2006, 02:44 AM
cooldood1243567 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to cooldood1243567 Send a message via AIM to cooldood1243567 Send a message via MSN to cooldood1243567 Send a message via Yahoo to cooldood1243567 Send a message via Skype™ to cooldood1243567
Default Re: MAGIKARP 1 HIT KO'ed MY WARTORTLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbok_is_the_best View Post
Does anyone despise magikarp because of its sucky attacks? Well, it just did something amazing, i was battling a magikarp and it used splash, i thought, lol this wont be easy, but then the impossible happened, SPLASH KO'ed MY WARTORTLE!!!! I swear this is true, it must be a 1 out 100000000000000000000000000 chance or sometrhing, but i swear its true, if this has happened to anyone else, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
uhhhhhhh ok.... riiiiiight....... this didnt happen 2 me but umm no offense but your'e a n00b and u only have 4 posts...

Yes, and I know i have a stupid name.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:47 AM
Redlark Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Redlark

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

Yeah... *Ahh...* Magikarp does that. Very, VERY, small chance of an instant KO. I guess the splash of water goes at a certian angle and hits the temples of the other pokemon or something. Instant faintage. Jk, I'm pulling that one from nowhere.

I forget what the exact percentage/odds for that KO-hit was; but that's one of the many reasons why Magikarp is my ultimate closet fav.

I heard though; they took off that instant KO in the later Pokemon games. Which if true; is the lamest mistake made yet.

Oh yeah - try not to call people "n00bs" if you only have 55 posts and joined as of this month. It's also a flame.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:49 AM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlark View Post
Bwahahahahahaha!!!

Yeah... *Ahh...* Magikarp does that. Very, VERY, small chance of an instant KO. I guess the splash of water goes at a certian angle and hits the temples of the other pokemon or something. Instant faintage. Jk, I'm pulling that one from nowhere.

I forget what the exact percentage/odds for that KO-hit was; but that's one of the many reasons why Magikarp is my ultimate closet fav.

I heard though; they took off that instant KO in the later Pokemon games. Which if true; is the lamest mistake made yet.

Oh yeah - try not to call people "n00bs" if you only have 55 posts and joined as of this month. It's also a flame.
Splash doesn't deal damage. Ever. It does nothing.
You proabably got nailed by a Tackle and weren't paying attention.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:52 AM
Redlark Offline

Dude, seriously. You guys don't know your old school poke games RBY.

Magikarp's stats are so low in RBY, that his tackle does like one or two damage.

Splash in the older games has a very-very low chance of a KO. Nobody pays attention to the crappy pokemon, so most people don't know the little secret glitch of Splash RBY.

Give me a second. I'll go find some proof.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:54 AM
Alienshroom Offline

Quote:
Dude, seriously. You guys don't know your old school poke games RBY.

Magikarp's stats are so low in RBY, that his tackle does like one or two damage.

Splash in the older games has a very-very low chance of a KO. Nobody pays attention to the crappy pokemon, so most people don't know the little secret glitch of Splash RBY.

Give me a second. I'll go find some proof.
I heard of that how could magikarps tackle have done that much damage even to a lower level pokemon!
Old 07-31-2006, 03:02 AM
Redlark Offline

Secret's Time: Back in the day of RBY, I was one of those rare dedicated losers who trained Magikarps to idiotically high levels. I once had a all Magikarp team that survived victory road. Granted, they were all at level 55 and higher. I also had tons of revives, potions, etc. to keep my team alive.

Well, I was also one of those losers that thought Splash was more special than it looked.

I've KO'd enemies with Splash more than once. It's to the point of impossible, but I've done it a few times. I know what I'm talking about. Give me a second and I'll give proof.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:29 AM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

I would love to see some proof that Splash is capable of dealing any damage, let alone KOing anything.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:36 AM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

Ha...Ha...Ha.... very funny Redlark...

Now stop joking, beofre we have to ship you to the happy farm.

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:37 AM
chriz da king Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

This has happened to me before. I was trying to make my magicarp level up by using tackle on weak pokemon , and i used splash by accidet and it Ko"d a caterpie.

Hatches : 1496
Flaaffy : 1526
Ampharous : 1571
Finished : 1781
Old 07-31-2006, 03:52 AM
Redlark Offline

Thank you Chriz--I'm not joking, Pika57.

Okay--as of right now, I've been surfing the net for info on the odds. I think in the newer games, Magikarp's splash only KO's tentacool, or something weird like that. But I know for fact that Magikarp's Splash (in the older RBY) is like getting close to 0.0001% for a KO, or something.

Still looking for a reliable info site...
Old 07-31-2006, 04:04 AM
Crummie Offline

Send a message via AIM to Crummie

Quote:
Thank you Chriz--I'm not joking, Pika57.

Okay--as of right now, I've been surfing the net for info on the odds. I think in the newer games, Magikarp's splash only KO's tentacool, or something weird like that. But I know for fact that Magikarp's Splash (in the older RBY) is like getting close to 0.0001% for a KO, or something.

Still looking for a reliable info site...
.... April 1st was a while ago, buddy.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:12 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crummie View Post
.... April 1st was a while ago, buddy.
Word.

You guys are all full of **** - Splash has always done nothing in battle, and it will continue to be that way.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 07-31-2006, 04:18 AM
Redlark Offline

OMFG y'all!!! I thought of all the nerds on the net, you guys would have already known the Splash KO wonder!!! You guys are NOT true Pokefans!!! I thought it was basic understanding like, the dumb "glitch" with two water guns, or over 100 lvl Safari zone pkmn in the water. Geez... wtvr...

Okay - this search is harder than I thought. There's been A LOT of arguments over this, with no proof. (*Sigh*)

Give me some more time... I'll find proof.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:36 AM
chriz da king Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

You tell em Red.

But I understand why you people think its a like fifty times rarer than getting a shiny I think.

Hatches : 1496
Flaaffy : 1526
Ampharous : 1571
Finished : 1781
Closed Thread