Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 06-08-2004, 05:38 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default On Jirachi Wishmaker, May's lullaby song

What exactly were the words May was singing, if she sanged it in the Japanese version, for the American version has her going 'doo, doo doo, doo doo di doo doo.' something like that? PUt down the Japanese words to that lullaby and then translate in English for me, please? THanks.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:20 AM
DragonShane Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DragonShane
Default Re: On Jirachi Wishmaker, May's lullaby song

I'm kinda sure that it's about the same in the Japanese version. I mean, just look at May's lip movement when she sings the lullaby. I don't think she could be saying anything else but "doo doo doo...".
I could be wrong, but I don't think that 4Kids would go through the trouble of changing lip movement :P....And the animation looks too smooth to be altered.
Guess it could be something interesting to look into...
Old 07-31-2004, 04:56 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

DragonShane's right about that, but there are words to the real song. Jest fast forward to the credits, or if you have DVD, look under special features for the music video.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:46 AM
Jeikobu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu

I heard that they didn't even dub the lullaby. Maybe they finally decided KAORI kicks Veronica Talyor's butt on singing talent (voice too but I guess they need to dub it that, lol), who knows. Come to think of it, when you listen to it, it sounds more like the Japanese voice than the English, so I think they left that part alone, praise God. Haruka (May) evens sings a whole song, called "Saa Bouken Da!!" (translated as "Let's Go On An Adventure!!"), and I'm almost positive it was played in the credits of the "Mysterious Stage of Dancing Pokemon" (dubbed "Gotta Dance") short in Japanese, but it was stupidly cut for the dub, go figure. I love the song (naturally :D). You can hear it on the soundtrack for the movie (a Japanese CD, however I got it off of CDJapan.com). Anyway, as stated, the melody of the lullaby Haruka sung is the same as "Chiisaki Mono", my favorite song. And as stated there is a music video on the Jirachi Wish Maker DVD, which they titled "Make A Wish". That I believe has the whole song, in Japanese, as it should be.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old 08-10-2004, 01:18 AM
DragonShane Offline
Amateur Trainer

Yes, the dvd contains a music video of the Jp. version of the song, while the version played in the credits is a sort of mix of English and Japanese (it starts off in English, then the latter half is the original version).

And I do have to wonder about the audio of May's lullaby, as well. It does indeed seem like her voice is different...But why would they leave May/Haruka's Jp. voice in for that part and not for Ash, Brock, and Max whenever they're all singing towards the end?
Old 08-10-2004, 03:14 AM
Jeikobu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu

They did but the other voices were dub, I believe. I know Takeshi (Brock)'s was the dub, but I could hear Haruka's Japanese voice in there.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old 08-12-2004, 12:00 AM
DragonShane Offline
Amateur Trainer

I guess it's possible, then [shrugs]

At least it's nice to see that 4Kids is allowing more of the original Japanese content to stay in the movies (kinda wish they'd release some sort of contemplation of the Jp. theme songs from the series, as well XP)...

Oh, and I made a mistake concerning "Make a Wish"...The version played in the ending credits alternates between English and Japanese....Odd, but it still sounds beautiful.