Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Pokemon RPG's Pokemon Ultra RPG Contests Contest Results

Contest Results Results of contests will be placed here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 01:11 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Default Looking for Judges

So, I'm looking for Judges. If you can judge over messenger, that's even better.

- Do you have an understanding of the basics?

That's all I require. This is a great opportunity to help the URPG and a great learning experience.

Why should I pick you as a Judge? Post a short little explaination to help convince me. I will reply here with any accpetions and concerns.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 12-22-2006, 01:17 AM
theEND Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to theEND Send a message via MSN to theEND
Default Re: Looking for Judges

I would like to be a judge because I am full of energy while in the UPRG. :3 As you've seen, Jack, my debut of my grading experience has pumped me up. I am ready to become a Judge for the contests at any, if not all, time(s)!

Anyhow, you also wanted Lan and I to be Judges.
It is clear you see me as a potential Judge, grader, mate (xD), and pie wielder. :3
Old 12-22-2006, 01:22 AM
Nasty Plasty Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Nasty Plasty Send a message via MSN to Nasty Plasty

Okay, I think I'm ready.

-Do you have an undertstanding of the Basics?

I'd like to say I do. You simply takes you to look at the stats. Then a few additions and subtractions to determine 1st round results and 2nd Round order. Than you let the 4 peeps send their moves. Once that happens, you calculate what each move does. Repeat that until you have 5 turns. Add the results of both rounds, and ka-ping, you have a winner.

You should make me a Judge because I am the people's judge. I'd judge with the same activity as I ref: Whenever I have time. If I'm not busy battling/reffing/grading/trading/Judging/studying/life you bet I'll Judge!
Old 12-22-2006, 01:24 AM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

I would very much like to be one, but I am not certain of the exact heart numbers (i.e. how many extra hearts for a combo, how many hearts lost from being startled) but if Chris or someone who seems to know what they are doing, would help me, I would like that.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:37 AM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger

You really should have a mock test for this Jack. though I know it would while :p

Anyway I'll take my shot.

Why you ask? well for one I'm on all the time literally. I have a good understanding of how to judge the moves etc. I'll have to practice the first round judging to get comfortable with the formula but, I don't forsee any problem there.

Up to you of course, but I can't believe how short my post is...

Thanks for listening.

Edit: Whether or not I'm picked you can bet I'm still going to try down the road. ;)

~Isaiah

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref
Old 12-22-2006, 01:46 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoPika View Post
I would like to be a judge because I am full of energy while in the UPRG. :3 As you've seen, Jack, my debut of my grading experience has pumped me up. I am ready to become a Judge for the contests at any, if not all, time(s)!

Anyhow, you also wanted Lan and I to be Judges.
It is clear you see me as a potential Judge, grader, mate (xD), and pie wielder. :3
You've already been added.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Plasty View Post
Okay, I think I'm ready.

-Do you have an undertstanding of the Basics?

I'd like to say I do. You simply takes you to look at the stats. Then a few additions and subtractions to determine 1st round results and 2nd Round order. Than you let the 4 peeps send their moves. Once that happens, you calculate what each move does. Repeat that until you have 5 turns. Add the results of both rounds, and ka-ping, you have a winner.

You should make me a Judge because I am the people's judge. I'd judge with the same activity as I ref: Whenever I have time. If I'm not busy battling/reffing/grading/trading/Judging/studying/life you bet I'll Judge!
Sounds good to me. Added.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I would very much like to be one, but I am not certain of the exact heart numbers (i.e. how many extra hearts for a combo, how many hearts lost from being startled) but if Chris or someone who seems to know what they are doing, would help me, I would like that.
Combo- double hearts earned. Fire Punch is 4 hearts, but combo'd would make it +8.
Startled- it's listed in the Moves List, the negative numbers.
Quote:
| Absorb | Smart | +2 | -3 |
Startles the Pokemon that appealed directly before the user.
So, the Pokemon would be startled -3 hearts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianTiger View Post
You really should have a mock test for this Jack. though I know it would while :p

Anyway I'll take my shot.

Why you ask? well for one I'm on all the time literally. I have a good understanding of how to judge the moves etc. I'll have to practice the first round judging to get comfortable with the formula but, I don't forsee any problem there.

Up to you of course, but I can't believe how short my post is...

Thanks for listening.

Edit: Whether or not I'm picked you can bet I'm still going to try down the road. ;)

~Isaiah
Technically, this is the 'test', at least for now. I think you'll do well.

If you have questions later, ask away!

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 12-22-2006, 04:14 AM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Hypocrisy is Fun

I thought the title was, "Looking For Jesus," and that Jack was going to find religion or something. :P
Old 12-22-2006, 05:17 AM
AmericanTreeFrog Offline

Send a message via AIM to AmericanTreeFrog

I would like to try, I'm a active member of the URPG, been here for awhile and since I don't like writing, I would like to be a Judge. I don't know if this is enough but I would like to try. And I do understand the rules and how to judge.

Other URPG site (more active): http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net
Old 12-22-2006, 10:33 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

hmm... I'd like to take a shot here too.

Why would you choose me? Don't ask me, lol.

I'm a referee, if that can count, i understand the basic pretty well, and helped May with some combo ability/move. Is that enough?

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:41 AM
ball Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to ball Send a message via MSN to ball

Well, I understand all of the formulas, and everything else. I am an active ref, so activity or lack of experience shouldnt be a problem. So please MTV, pimp my ride .
Old 12-30-2006, 08:28 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Ok, I think you three (ATF, DG, and ball) would be great. I'll add you to the list.

That's all the judges for now. Let's see what happens.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 12-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

Jack, one question. How do we calculate the crowds excitement, and stuff? Like, Crowd Meter : Level 2 or whatever...

Also, how about adding weather, and terrain to the rules? Like in the case of URPG battles?
Old 12-30-2006, 08:41 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Quote:
Originally Posted by May Norman View Post

Jack, one question. How do we calculate the crowds excitement, and stuff? Like, Crowd Meter : Level 2 or whatever...
If it's a cute contest, when a Cute move is used, the crowd is raised 1 level. If Cool or Tough moves are used, the meter is lowered 1 level. Beauty and Smart moves won't have any affect on it. I think this is all in one of the threads.
Quote:
Also, how about adding weather, and terrain to the rules? Like in the case of URPG battles?
That's a bit advanced. Maybe for the Anime style in the far future. For now, we're all practicing and trying to learn how to judge regular contest.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 12-30-2006, 08:45 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33 View Post

If it's a cute contest, when a Cute move is used, the crowd is raised 1 level. If Cool or Tough moves are used, the meter is lowered 1 level. Beauty and Smart moves won't have any affect on it. I think this is all in one of the threads.
~Jack~
Hmm, and the crowd meter starts at Level Zero, right? I'll just find the thread, though.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:34 AM
umbreonandespeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to umbreonandespeon Send a message via MSN to umbreonandespeon Send a message via Yahoo to umbreonandespeon

Sorry to bump this, but I would like to become a Judge. I'm not planning on bragging or anything...

Reasons why I should Judge:

I am fair, and don't stick up for someone.
I understand a lot about contests, despite what I have shown.
I only do them on the forum, which means they would go quicker.
I understand the rules.
I want to help.
Rampardos pwns (16:33:31): i r older than you :P
Volcanflame (16:33:35): ooo wat a coincidence
Rampardos pwns (16:33:35): and samrter
Closed Thread