Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 04-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Light Manaphy Offline

Default Re: Ideas and Premises

I have a new idea!!

In this one, I use japanese names because at the time I was writting part one, Dawn was still known as Hikari. The only japanese names I use are Rukario and Hikari. I might also draw some pictures of the characters in my story. Here's how the first season goes:

Rukario, Manaphy, Takeshi, and Ron are all members of the summer long Japanese arts Camp. They basically live there for the whole summer and are trained to do different forms of Japanese arts. NOTE THAT THESE ARTS ARE NOT REAL JAPANESE ARTS.

anyways, Rukario uses Aura, Manaphy can transform his body into an armored form of himself just by using water. He also uses Water to fight. Takeshi uses Sunlight energy, and Ron uses the earth to fight. Hikari does not fight, as she was sent there as a mistake. Manaphy and Hikari also have a secret love for eachother. Too bad they don't get to be with eachother for the entire series . Anyways, EVERYONE in this fan fic is a human, some are named after Pokemon, and in the first season, a fiend named Chaos is trying to kill them. Luckilly the team has their defenses.

Tell me if this is a good idea or not because I want this to be one of my fan fics really badly.

:~Paired with DarkSalamence~: :~Big Brother of: KFC and stardyab~: :VPP Status:
Old 05-10-2007, 08:09 AM
EonMythos Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to EonMythos

Hmm, I already have the first chapter of this typed up in a rough draft, but I though I might run the basic premise past a few of you pe2kers. It's set in first person point of view, Sian's, and will most likely be a horror fic.

Note: Not for the faint of heart in the first chapter or two. But shouldn't be more than PG-13ish. If it is in some parts I'll make sure to edit it so it won't frighten the little kiddies.

The Stain of a Rose is about Sian, whose life has taken on a most drastic of turns. After running from an unknown threat for nearly a year, she and her sister are attacked. Myrta is brutally murdered, but the thing is Sian doesn't know how she got away from her in the first place. One minute Myrta's standing beside her, holding on with her little hands, and the next she's stained with enough blood for a grown person and Myrta is missing.

She stumbles across Myrta's corpse further in the forest, only to realise she was murdered exactly like their perents were a year ago. Shocked and horrified, as well as unable to breath through the thick scent of blood, Sian crumples into an unconcious trance, her mind viciously trying to tell her that she was dreaming. But it's true, and she can't change it. No matter how hard she tries she can't change the fact that she wasn't there to save her only family.

When she recovers she finds herself in an odd glade, some unknown distance away from where she passed out, and is greated by an Espeon mother who questions her on giving up, until her head spins from the thoughts and she's unable to answer them any more. But just before she's about to go back to sleep, the Espeon states something that confuses her even more.

"Rest your wild mind and soothe your aching soul, allow the glade to do it’s work."

~*~*~*~*~*~

It's only in the first stages of planning though. I just have a basic outline of what's going on, but eventually she will find out what's been killing off her family, and why she has those black outs. >.> And no, the two aren't related as in she kills them.

VPP URPG
Ryn the Flygon: Complete at 872

Banner is mine! >:3
Old 05-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Shiny Loser Send a message via Yahoo to Shiny Loser

Wow, that's a great idea! Sounds dark but with promise.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Featherdust Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Featherdust

Here's a premise of a multi-chapter story I'm cooking up.

The search for Mewtwo has died down over the years and the legend of his existence faded away as the focus turned to the newly discovered Pokemon. However, several breeders with an eye for the unusual still take up the hunt, curious about the unusual powers of the Pokemon, and Aderyn "Artemis" Blackwood is arguably one of the most determined. Taking up the hunt with her Umbreon and the rest of her highly trained, armed to the teeth Pokemon she has combed the Kanto region for the past three years. Now seventeen, her determination has never faded but she is now questioning whether or not she has the ability to thrash the Legendary and capture it for herself. Even so, she presses onward in her quest.

During training, when she least expects it, she finds Mewtwo in stasis. Trapping him with her Umbreon, she attacks and after a long fight she is down to her last Pokemon, a Houndoom. With Mewtwo trapped and down to her last Pokemon, she takes the chance and throws an Ultra Ball. After five minutes of fierce bursts of energy from inside the PokeBall, it claps shut and her PokeDex is updated. She releases the Mewtwo and heals him, but Mewtwo seems unwilling to listen to her. She allows the Mewtwo to follow her and get used to being captured before spending time inside the PokeBall.

Fearful that someone would attempt to steal Mewtwo, she flies to Sinnoh and spends a period of time in quiet Twinleaf town, renting a room in a small house. Mewtwo seems somewhat less irritable and accepts food from Aderyn, even starting a bit of conversation. Aderyn asks Mewtwo if he would like to have a new name instead of being addressed by his species, but Mewtwo says that he would prefer to keep his old name. Aderyn gives Mewtwo her bed and sleeps on the floor with Umbreon.

Aderyn leaves the next day, heading to the next town with Mewtwo and keeping to the water. Umbreon shoos off wild Pokemon and they eventually reach the next town without problems. However, a group of young thugs leap out of the forest and assault the pair. Mewtwo fends off the thugs and takes the brunt of the beating. Freed from the thugs Aderyn releases the other Pokemon and she soundly thrashes them, knocking both trainers and Pokemon unconscious. Umbreon and Floatzel bound the trainers and Pokemon and hide them in the forest while Aderyn tends to Mewtwo's wounds. As she tends to him, she thinks about how human he is. She falls asleep with her back against a tree and his sleeping body cradled in her lap.

Mewtwo wakes up the following morning to see Aderyn sleeping next to him with her arms around his waist. Mewtwo shys off uncomfortably and goes to eat with the other Pokemon. Aderyn wakes up slightly confused ten minutes later and goes to eat. She sits down to eat and sees that Mewtwo is off by himself tending to his wounds. She goes over the check on him but he shys away from her and refuses to speak. She thanks him for defending her last night and Mewtwo only reponds with a nod. Aderyn accepts this and goes off to train with her other Pokemon. Mewtwo watches alone while they train.

After a while training Aderyn decides to bring the Pokemon to a Pokemon Center for some rest. She asks Mewtwo to stay in the PokeBall for safety and Mewtwo refuses. He instead suggests that he borrow her coat and cap. She agrees and they go to the Pokemon Center with Mewtwo shrouded in a trenchcoat and a baseball cap and getting a few odd looks. They slip in through the back and with a quick word to the watching Nurse Mewtwo and the other Pokemon are attended to. After this Mewtwo is feeling refreshed, and Aderyn comes up with an idea for Mewtwo to easily slip through crowds. She brings Mewtwo to a local store and picks out a purple hooded trench coat (think Kingdom Hearts) for him and cuts a hole for the tail. She explains that if anyone asks, she could say that he was dressing up for a Haunted House. Although Mewtwo thinks it's a silly idea, he agrees to it.

Because of the troubles that they recently went through, Aderyn takes her Pokemon to the lakeshore to fish. Mewtwo attempts to drain the lake, but Aderyn shows him how and soon he racks up a full line of fish. They grill the fish for dinner and settle down for the night...

And that's all I've come up with.

- Pokemon Diamond -
Trainer Name: Sam
FC: 0559-3341-2795

Sprites - [x]

"They're like children. Big, dead children."
tattereddragon.deviantart.com

Last edited by Featherdust; 05-10-2007 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:17 AM
Hoshika Offline

I have an idea that's never been used here-- a Sonic the Hedgehog fanfic. It's basically a story about how Sonic and the others try to survive on Earth without the humans killing them, since they've been causing so much trouble. It's canon the games, but doesn't exactly follow the storyline.

I'm just wondering if I should put the fic here, and please, give me some little comments on whether this storyline os over-used or not.

EDIT: Oh yeah, will anybody read this type of fanfic?

EDIT 2: Just to let you all know, I've beaten all the canon games since Sonic Adventure, so it should work. =P

EDIT 3: Except SONIC the Hedgehog for PS3. Yeah.
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Last edited by Hoshika; 05-12-2007 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
I have an idea that's never been used here-- a Sonic the Hedgehog fanfic. It's basically a story about how Sonic and the others try to survive on Earth without the humans killing them, since they've been causing so much trouble. It's canon the games, but doesn't exactly follow the storyline.

I'm just wondering if I should put the fic here, and please, give me some little comments on whether this storyline os over-used or not.

EDIT: Oh yeah, will anybody read this type of fanfic?

EDIT 2: Just to let you all know, I've beaten all the canon games since Sonic Adventure, so it should work. =P

EDIT 3: Except SONIC the Hedgehog for PS3. Yeah.
Let's see, Non-pokemon fics get reviewed less often, but it should work just fine.

Anyway, what do you ppl think about possession? Like, some dude or dudette gets possessed by a spirit or something...
Old 05-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Hoshika Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Loser View Post
Let's see, Non-pokemon fics get reviewed less often, but it should work just fine.

Anyway, what do you ppl think about possession? Like, some dude or dudette gets possessed by a spirit or something...
As long as the character doesn't start hurting themself intentionally, then yes, it's fine.

"WaaaH! POSESSED!!! GET OUT OF MY BODY!! NOO!!! I'M STAYING!!! GET OUT!!!"

Yeah... that would be weird.
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 05-27-2007, 05:41 AM
dopeythedwarf Offline

I have an idea for a journey story. It is kind of stupid, but it is called Mary Sue Blues. Basically it starts out in a world without Pokemon where a popular and ditzy girl (the Mary Sue) stumbles across a pokeball. When she opens it a PIkachu appears and zaps her into Kanto, where she is found by a young trainer who thinks she is deranged. She is taken to Professor Oak who is studying portals to other worlds in secret. There she learns (to her distress) that the only way to get back home is to go to the portal on top of Indigo Mountain. To gain access to this portal she must beat the Indigo League and become a pokemon master! Only problem is that this girl is used to being perfect and getting everything she wants. In this world she isn't. This story is going to be humorous and a light read.

What do you think of this idea?
Old 05-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeythedwarf View Post
I have an idea for a journey story. It is kind of stupid, but it is called Mary Sue Blues. Basically it starts out in a world without Pokemon where a popular and ditzy girl (the Mary Sue) stumbles across a pokeball. When she opens it a PIkachu appears and zaps her into Kanto, where she is found by a young trainer who thinks she is deranged. She is taken to Professor Oak who is studying portals to other worlds in secret. There she learns (to her distress) that the only way to get back home is to go to the portal on top of Indigo Mountain. To gain access to this portal she must beat the Indigo League and become a pokemon master! Only problem is that this girl is used to being perfect and getting everything she wants. In this world she isn't. This story is going to be humorous and a light read.

What do you think of this idea?
It sounds like a good idea, and seems wonderful. If you can pull it off right.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:19 AM
SBaby Offline
Master Trainer

I decided to post the premise here rather than making a whole new topic over it. I'm sure some people will probably already know what I'm posting. It was on serebii and PC, and is coming here. And it's a Pokemon parody. It should be becoming very evident to people that have read parts of it before, as to exactly what it is...

The Pokemon world...

A world... full of animals... people...

And cliches...

Ash: Whoops. Was I supposed to push the green button, or the red one?

Scene: Brock and Misty are standing with their jaws hitting the floor.

One child...

Holds the key...

To something never before seen...

Ash: <gaping in awe at a pair of opening doors> That's...

...in the history of this Fan Fic...

Voice: You three have been chosen to carry out a mission that will affect the very future of this world.

James: <pointing to himself, Jessie and Meowth are standing near him> Wha... Us?

This summer...

Brock: <looking up> That... must've set the production team back a couple hundred bucks...

No cliche is safe...

Misty: So basically, you want five children to go through this labrynth filled with traps and vicious monsters, just to hit a switch so you can get into a room filled with Poke-Balls?

Nurse Joy: Yeah, why?

Misty: Is this really a children's show?

Max: We've only got until our vaguely alluded to time runs out to capture animals out of the wild, make them fight for Badges, and enter a deadly tournament to win a trophy.

Ash: I know... But at least I don't have to take the rap for losing.

May: Gary quit, Drew walked out, and Shinji released himself for being too weak. We don't even have the budget for a rival!

POKEMON: SPC

Ash: <to May> I COMMANDED YOU TO BE SILENT!!!

Scene: May is just slightly creeped out now.

Ash: <looking around> Puny mortals... You do NOT know who you're dealing with! I'm the main character! Without me, you'd be nothing!!!

Scene: The whole group just looks at Ash, then each other with WTF stares.

Ash: I've been a Trainer for over 5 years now! You fools have no idea what dangers lie out in the world of Z-Re... I mean Pokemon...

Narrator: And hopefully, people will leave me alone!

http://www.videogamevoters.org/

Does SatAM even NEED an introduction?
Old 06-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Haha, that's funny. I'd be looking forward to it. xD
Old 06-04-2007, 11:29 PM
Espeon206 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Espeon206 Send a message via Yahoo to Espeon206

Okay, I have an idea for a fan fiction that may sound a bit confusing in this post, but it'll smooth itself out if I write it in a new thread... I'd really like comments and such though... And, I'm assuming, that we're mature enough that we won't be taking each other's ideas, eh?

Okay, a girl named Exelia aspires to become a strong trainer just like her idol, a female trainer named --- (name yet to be decided). Somehow (I won't say how), Exelia ends up with her idol's main Pokemon, Umbreon. Then, the Pokemon of the region (I'm thinking of a region) start acting very wierd. At night, she hears a song that nobody else can hear coming from a forest. When she finds the source, a Noctowl named Sorrow, the Noctowl tells her that she is the only one who can save the POkemon from the force that was making them weak. THe song was directed for the owner of the Umbreon, Exelia's idol. But, Exelia must take her place and save the Pokemon.

I know that this descrpition is kind of vague, but It's still in the planning stage... I guess you can say I'm trying to make a good plot and steer away from the "Pokemon Journey" type of plots.

Last edited by Espeon206; 06-05-2007 at 08:40 PM. Reason: More Ideas
Old 06-05-2007, 04:52 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Post Re: Ideas and Premises

Fan fic I've thought of recently, it's in very early stages though. It's set in the Orange Islands, summer time. It's about a girl called Lilly Field who is a Pokemon Rescuer. She owns a rescue base on Mandarin Island where she rescues many Pokemon that are in trouble. She is mostly in charge of rescuing Pokemon in the sea, because of this, the local wild water Pokemon trust her. She is a water type only trainer and wishes she could breathe underwater so she could spend as long as she could with her water friends. It's about how her own Pokemon get stolen and she has to gain the trust of wild Pokemon to help her save them.

What do you think?
Good or bad?
Don't mind which, saves me making a mistake if it's bad.
Umbreon
Done @ 1380
Old 06-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Darth Murkrow Offline
Elite Trainer

@WorkThoseStripes: I like it, but plan on adding more detail into the actual story. I would read it if it didn't sound like another Pokemon episode, in the sense of "Oh noes, Team Rocket stole all of my Pokemon, I have to save the day and go on to the next adventure!" Not trying to be aggressive, just trying to help a fellow writer.

As far as my ideas go (I'm a little new to this particular thread), I was thinking a sort of The Frog Prince/Pokemon Mystery Dungeon mashup. Basically, it is set in medieval times, and the different regions are home to a set family of monarchs. A long time ago in history, one of these families, the monarchs of the Kanto region, had a feud with the Jhoto monarchs. After the head of the Kanto clan was killed in a duel, the Kanto clan put a curse on the Jhoto clan. To make it very brief, the seventh son of every generation would, upon sundown of the sixteenth anniversary of his birth, be transformed permanently into a Pokemon. In Prince Robert Jhoto's family, he has seven older cousins, but one is female. He is, therefore, the cursed seventh son, and transforms into a Cyndaquil. The rest of the story is basically Robert trying to prevent his kingdom from falling into ruin while simultaneously learning to live the rest of his life as a Pokemon.

Another idea I had was the telling of the Mystery Dungeon series, but from the point of view of the partner. It would be more challenging to think like a Pokemon, and also to not do what everyone else was doing. Yes, I like the theme of losing one's humanity in the literal sense.

Murkrow
Done: 800

Last edited by Darth Murkrow; 06-11-2007 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Realityxxx Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Realityxxx

@Espeon206: Nice idea. I think it will turn out fantastic.
@Workthosestripes: Not bad, as long as she gets help from a Vaporeon...>:D
@Darth Murkrow: Nice.
This is my first idea:
It is set in Sinnoh, as a girl named Aruora Hansen runs away from her grumpy, unloving parents with her Vulpix. Pretty soon, Vulpix and Aruora run away to a cave, with lots of water. When she is deep in the cave, she and Vulpix fall in the water. Being unable to swim, they fall to the bottom, only to be swam back up by a frendly Lapras. Aruora and Vulpix befriend the pokemon, and Lapras comes with them on Aruora's journey.

The aroma from the flower decoration on it's head has a relaxing effect. It will wither if it is not cared for.