Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Interactive Boards Creative Writing Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:35 AM
Drew_pkmn Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Ideas and Premises

I dnt no if this is the rite place but I need help on pokemon names for my story but original pokemon will b included as well pm me plz if u have ideas

Why Bother ?

Last edited by Drew_pkmn; 07-10-2007 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:44 AM
Caecity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Caecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew_pkmn View Post
I dnt no if this is the rite place but I need help on pokemon names for my story but origibnal pokemon will b included as well pm me plz if u have ideas
No offense but I could barely understand you..

C a e c i t y -- The blindness {{of love.}}

JentleViolence, my p a i r.
Empoleonx2, my former s o u l.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:52 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

If you are having a hard time making up your own pokemon it would be better for you to use real pokemon :)

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 07-10-2007, 12:54 AM
Caecity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empoleonx2 View Post
I was think'in of doing a Story beginning in the Johto region. But Sinced this is many many many many years after the anime show with Ash.That all the Gym Leader's are replaced, with there Son or Daughter or howveer next in the throne..^^
Yea just reposting this,

Old 07-10-2007, 01:04 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Quote:
Yea just reposting this,
That is not much to go on, it could be a very good or very bad story depending on how much effort you put into it :P. As far as I know being a gym leader is something you earn, not just something that is pasted down...
Offspring stories have a habit of just taking the easy road and having their child ether be mini-mes or exactly an anti-verison of their parents. So just make sure you are not doing this to be lazy about coming up with characters ;)

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 07-10-2007, 01:11 AM
Caecity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
That is not much to go on, it could be a very good or very bad story depending on how much effort you put into it :P. As far as I know being a gym leader is something you earn, not just something that is pasted down...
Offspring stories have a habit of just taking the easy road and having their child ether be mini-mes or exactly an anti-verison of their parents. So just make sure you are not doing this to be lazy about coming up with characters ;)
Yea, like one of there Gym trainer takes control, I might have like two have them passed down then maybe some there Gym trainer. And then some others just randomly choosen.

Edit:
Making a story from the Gym Leader point of view I know it's gonna be hard but Yea. What would you guys think, Like a Psychic/ Water Gym Leader, Like his not an offisal(Sp) but he earns his way too becoming one. Then he trys to go for the last Elite Four spot.

Last edited by Caecity; 07-10-2007 at 02:41 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:57 AM
Hoshika Offline

Quote:
Yea, like one of there Gym trainer takes control, I might have like two have them passed down then maybe some there Gym trainer. And then some others just randomly choosen.

Edit:
Making a story from the Gym Leader point of view I know it's gonna be hard but Yea. What would you guys think, Like a Psychic/ Water Gym Leader, Like his not an offisal(Sp) but he earns his way too becoming one. Then he trys to go for the last Elite Four spot.
Hmm. It seems like it would melt down into a Trainer story instead of a Gym Leader story. Just find some way that the dude doesn't have to go on some journey to get badges. =P

Now, for my idea...

If I were to make a story based off of a comic, would it be better to make it similar to the style in the comic (wavering between comedic and deep) or the fantasy-story style (a story story)? The similar style would make more sense and be much more related to the comic, but wouldn't get a very good review or something, while the other style is going to grab people in but won't make much sense comic-to-story-wise.

Yeah, I rambled.
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:04 AM
Caecity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
Hmm. It seems like it would melt down into a Trainer story instead of a Gym Leader story. Just find some way that the dude doesn't have to go on some journey to get badges. =P

Now, for my idea...

If I were to make a story based off of a comic, would it be better to make it similar to the style in the comic (wavering between comedic and deep) or the fantasy-story style (a story story)? The similar style would make more sense and be much more related to the comic, but wouldn't get a very good review or something, while the other style is going to grab people in but won't make much sense comic-to-story-wise.

Yeah, I rambled.
Yea not get badges, okay gotcha. -thinks of brain power-

Old 07-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Shiny Loser Send a message via Yahoo to Shiny Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Loser View Post
I don't know, type up something so that I know basically what the story is about, not just the characters.

Well anyway, I need help with this plot. So far I've come up with...

Proz, an evil, ambitious Unown-human, after failing in an attempt to take over the Regions twice, has come up with a new idea. Knowing about Ash Ketchum, from Pallet Town in Kanto, and his success in almost every aspect of Pokemon, Proz decides he should learn the secret of this 16-year old kid through May, Ash's unsteady coordinator girlfriend. Starting a relationship with May, he begins to extract unusual secrets that could be used against Ash if ever revealed.

How can I add more action to this plot?
Heh, reposting.

And just like Hoshika said, unless you're using an existing Gym Leader, it will probably develop into one of the Trainer fics. About a guy who's striving to become a gym leader instead of a pokemon master.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:35 AM
sk8rdratini Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to sk8rdratini Send a message via MSN to sk8rdratini

Hay Shiney looser I like theidea about the elites from all reagons, I'd like to read that, but dont give up on your other stories, wair can I read finished stories? dose ne1 know?
Old 07-11-2007, 04:41 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post

Now, for my idea...

Yeah, I rambled.
A journey fic is not a bad thing if you have an intresting writing style :)

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 07-15-2007, 12:02 AM
Volkner Offline

Well, I don't know if this is the right place but, I'm making a fanfic and I just wanted to get your opinion. In D/P in Canalave after you are champion there is a little boy who has horrible nightmares with Darkrai. His mother says other people have had that problem. My fanfic will tell their story and the hunt for Darkrai.

Friend Code:1160-6663-8366
Old 07-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
A journey fic is not a bad thing if you have an intresting writing style :)
You love saying that, don't you? But you're right. Journey/Trainer fics can be quite an interesting piece of fiction. Some of the best stories on this forum are Journey/Trainer fics (there is a difference between Journey and Trainer fics for those of you who don't know; the name tells you all you need to know). An Adventure Of A Lifetime, Now And Forever, and I forget the name, but it was one by Phoenix before he left...it was my favourite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkner View Post
Well, I don't know if this is the right place but, I'm making a fanfic and I just wanted to get your opinion. In D/P in Canalave after you are champion there is a little boy who has horrible nightmares with Darkrai. His mother says other people have had that problem. My fanfic will tell their story and the hunt for Darkrai.
It's seems quite interesting, and you seem to have a good grasp of langauge as well (I feel really bad saying this, but there are quite a few people who write who don't know a first thing about grammar and sentence structures). If you keep in mind that not many people will want to read a story that follows the D/P storyline unless it's very quirky, and your characters need to have real personality, then I'm sure this'll become pretty good...

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 07-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathspector View Post

You love saying that, don't you? But you're right. Journey/Trainer fics can be quite an interesting piece of fiction. Some of the best stories on this forum are Journey/Trainer fics (there is a difference between Journey and Trainer fics for those of you who don't know; the name tells you all you need to know). An Adventure Of A Lifetime, Now And Forever, and I forget the name, but it was one by Phoenix before he left...it was my favourite...
Deathspector
I love saying that becuase people love saying 'OMG whatever you do don't make it a journey\trainer fic!' over and over and over...
As long as there is that misplaced idea I'll be there, ready to protect the good name of writing one if you have talent *holds glowing Mallet Of
Truth aloft in herioic way* *falls off her soapbox*

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 07-23-2007, 12:31 PM
NeonTrainer Offline
Master Trainer

I need comments on my idea. Ok, I was thinking of a fan-fic in the pokemon world. No humans well one does turn into a pokemon but then Whiscash decides to hold a tournament to decide who will become King or rather ruler of the pokemon world. Many pokemon are chosen [Up to 100 or 200] but only 1 will win and become Pokemon King.