Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 10-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew
Default Re: The True Pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet
Lol...

that would be so cool... even if it's not 3D... heck, maybe the easiest way, is just to REALLY expand the space in the place, say pallet town: meaning add more spaces, so more people can go there =P ... If no one gets what I mean:

what I'm trying to say is that since each character takes up 1 "square", y not just really expand it... that could be the 1st step at least of Poké-MMORPG
Gah... that would be annoying... why not create multiple servers since there could be houndred of thousands of people on the thing...

still... Nintendo comes up with the game ideas... they higher other companies to make them , and Bill Gates has no affiliation with Nintendo, and DA wouldn't be hired to make the graphics... even though he is pretty good.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:36 PM
Half a Dollar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Half a Dollar

MMORPG(or w/e) is too drastic. Especially little kids. =P

I want a good game, not another old same game. You know GC's 1014 spaced Memory Card? The best Pokemon game could fit in it. So..=P
Old 10-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Yes... I agree! a full RPG Pokemon game for GC would be awwesome... not another Colosseum... but an actual full world-3d pokemon game!
Old 10-02-2004, 09:10 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

I have to thankyou WaterBlaster, for correcting the Nintendo-GameFreak thing (You wouldnt believe how many times I've had to correct people ).

Anyways... GameFreak program the games, it's that simple. Nintendo just licence the games, as they do to every game on the Nintendo consoles (ie. Final Fantasy is created by Square Enix; Sony has nothing to do with creating the games, or else there would never have been FF games on Nintendo consoles).

Not to mention Microsoft doesnt need to give permission to create a PC game; If they did, you'd never see any free online games. And, as much as I'd want a job concerning game programming, it seems very unlikely that i'd be involved with an MMORPG... ...Despite the fact that RMXP has MMORPG capabilities.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 10-04-2004, 08:54 PM
Tidus24 Offline
Elite Trainer

If we join the concept of pokemoncrater and netbattle, we already have a MMORPG. The pokemoncrater, has the maps, catching pkm, buying itens, battling gyms, and the netbattle has battling each other and multi-servers. Each server could be a different region, for example, Kanto Region Server, Johto Region Server, etc. That would be nice

Old 10-07-2004, 05:51 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

the problem with Pokemon becoming a MMORPG is the fact that the target age for the show is like seven (guessing). the target audience that plays MMORPG's are like teens and up. plus, of all the ORPG's i've seen, they all require you to be at least age 18.
while i agree that this would be the awesomest (new word ) idea ever, it doesn't work in the business sense for the Pokemon companies. it's too bad it won't happen.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 10-07-2004, 06:32 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33
the problem with Pokemon becoming a MMORPG is the fact that the target age for the show is like seven (guessing). the target audience that plays MMORPG's are like teens and up. plus, of all the ORPG's i've seen, they all require you to be at least age 18.
while i agree that this would be the awesomest (new word ) idea ever, it doesn't work in the business sense for the Pokemon companies. it's too bad it won't happen.

~Jack~
We know... but a boy/girl/thing can still dream
Old 10-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill

I think those idea's are awesome! I only have one ? for you all: What's a MMORPG? I got the RPG part, but the MMO?

Date Registered: 06/17/02 at 18:54:32
Old 10-08-2004, 02:58 AM
Spearsoft Offline
New Trainer

Massively Multiplayer Online.
:D
Old 10-08-2004, 02:10 PM
ashkelon Offline
Elite Trainer

And I wake up dreamin' again, and oooh the things I see..

--Little Feat

Gods, I love the idea, but it might lead me to a full-blown personality disorder

Old 10-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Hamtareon Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Hamtareon Send a message via MSN to Hamtareon Send a message via Yahoo to Hamtareon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew
We know... but a boy/girl/thing can still dream
WoOt! You included me! XD
Old 10-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Heh... I din't want people smacking me so I included everything
Old 10-10-2004, 01:51 AM
Ierdar Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ierdar Send a message via MSN to Ierdar Send a message via Yahoo to Ierdar

Yeah, Pokemon as a MMORPG would be kick ass beyond anything. Though sadly, Nintendo sucks too much ass to let it happen. Bastards -_- Gamefreaks should sell it to Blizzard or something. >_> Make it a MMORPG then, that'd be shweet. =) lol.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:08 AM
Spearsoft Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ierdar
Yeah, Pokemon as a MMORPG would be kick ass beyond anything. Though sadly, Nintendo sucks too much ass to let it happen. Bastards -_- Gamefreaks should sell it to Blizzard or something. >_> Make it a MMORPG then, that'd be shweet. =) lol.
I'm pretty sure nintendo owns more of pokemon than gamfreak, but it's because of gamefreak that pokemon is what it is... just look at colosseum.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:49 AM
Ierdar Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ierdar Send a message via MSN to Ierdar Send a message via Yahoo to Ierdar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearsoft
I'm pretty sure nintendo owns more of pokemon than gamfreak, but it's because of gamefreak that pokemon is what it is... just look at colosseum.
GameFreak owns pokemon >_> Pretty sure thats what DAs been hounding everyone about. =\