Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 09:56 PM
Wally Offline
New Trainer

Unhappy Hard to CAtch!

I am trying to catch the Regis , but all they do is just use superpower and Ancient power , what kind of Pokemon and Pokeballs I should Use?
Old 03-14-2004, 10:07 PM
Shael Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Hard to CAtch!

For me the Regis were really hard to catch, not because of what attacks they used, but because of how they always seem to pop out of those ultra balls. Anyways, I would suggest a nice tank with rest or maybe recover such as Kyogre or Wailord after you have gotten the Regi down to as little health as possible (along with paralysis or sleep). Then just chuck ultra balls at it. I'm not really sure if other balls are worth it, because for me it took well over 40 balls each.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:23 PM
voidsign Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to voidsign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shael
For me the Regis were really hard to catch, not because of what attacks they used, but because of how they always seem to pop out of those ultra balls. Anyways, I would suggest a nice tank with rest or maybe recover such as Kyogre or Wailord after you have gotten the Regi down to as little health as possible (along with paralysis or sleep). Then just chuck ultra balls at it. I'm not really sure if other balls are worth it, because for me it took well over 40 balls each.
Same here...

Except I managed to catch my Regice when he was at about 75% health, using a Dive ball.

Odd ???

Also I have heard rumours that the Premier balls are better at catching Legends, though I have not tested this as I used mine very early in the game.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:33 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

For me, they were easy. I hacked a Scyther in my game, taught it Falseswipe, made their heath go to 1 HP, chucked Ultra Balls, and caught them. Regirock was the hardest to catch though. It took 99 Ultra Balls on Regirock to catch him, 75 on Registeel, and 50 on Regice.

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 03-14-2004, 11:15 PM
Blazeflare Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I am trying to catch the Regis , but all they do is just use superpower and Ancient power , what kind of Pokemon and Pokeballs I should Use?
It's been a while since I caught them all, but I used my basic team, starter and my other 5 including which ever one from the cave of origin, that were all within 1 or 2 levels of the regis or above. Blazekin does really well. I used timer balls mostly. Usually under 30 in my bag. I did restart a few times but that was it.

Name: Lenna (Pearl)
Friend Code: 1933 7241 7659
Old 03-15-2004, 04:40 AM
Wildyoyo Offline
New Trainer

I just caught a level 40 Hariyama and used it against them. Registeel took 3 ultraballs, Regirock took about 30 and Regice took about 20.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:53 AM
Thunderbird Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Thunderbird

WHAT? Does it take that much to catch the Regis??
For me, caught Regirock for 9 ultra balls, Registeel for 3 ultra balls, Regice for 1 ultra ball. And they are easy to catch IMO. Much easier than Kyogre/Groudon.

My advice is only catch them after u defeat elite 4, unless u need them in your team. Becoz their defense/sp defense is very high, my pokemon is around lv 60 when i catch them and one move can't faint them. after u ar sure their health can't drop anymore, make them paralysis/sleep and keep throwing ultra balls (i press UP+B right when the ball pop open, it really helps), and u can catch them eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidsign
Also I have heard rumours that the Premier balls are better at catching Legends, though I have not tested this as I used mine very early in the game.
I'm sure Premier balls won't stand a chance, becoz they only hv the catch rate as normal pokeballs.

Current team:

Last edited by Thunderbird; 03-17-2004 at 09:41 AM.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:29 PM
UltimateShadow Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird
WHAT? Does it take that much to catch the Regis??
For me, caught Regirock for 9 ultra balls, Registeel for 3 ultra balls, Regice for 1 ultra ball. And they are easy to catch IMO. Much easier than Kyogre/Groudon.

My advice is only catch them after u defeat elite 4, unless u need them in your team. Becoz their defense/sp defense is very high, my pokemon is around lv 60 when i catch them and one move can't faint them. after u ar sure their health can't drop anymore, make them paralysis/sleep and keep throwing ultra balls (i press CTRL+B right when the ball pop open, it really helps), and u can catch them eventually.

I'm sure Premier balls won't stand a chance, becoz they only hv the catch rate as normal pokeballs.
You' just sooooooooooo lucky , i used 3 on Regirock(luck ) 50 on Registeel and 40 on Regice
And AFTER THAT i got it what timer balls do...
Old 03-17-2004, 06:58 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven

I've caught every pokemon in a pokeball, I swear! It took patience, and I even got regirock, regice, registeel, Kyogre, Latias, Latios, and Rayquaza. I used the eon ticket to catch Latios (no I don't have a game shark, I used the real deal) I just traded for a grudon, which I caught for them with a pokeball. I have sapp, so Latias was running wild. I caught her on my THIRD try! I first found her, then attacked, second time I used False swipe, third time, I got a wobbufett to hold her, and I got about 50 pokeballs. I put her to sleep used stat lowering stuff, and then just threw pokeballs till I caught her. False swipe is probably the best move. It leaves the opponent at one HP, so that pretty much makes it made when you have lvl 100 pkmn and you want to catch a pokemon. I don't even have to worry about killing a shiny or anything.

BTW: To get premier balls, just buy 10 POKEBALLS and they will throw in an extra premier ball. Just buy the pokeballs 10 at a time, and sell them or keep them to use.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:24 AM
Traipez Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Traipez

Regirock took 20 Ultra Balls.
Regice took 10 Ultra Balls.
Registeel took 18.
Kyogre took 3
Old 03-17-2004, 07:27 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird
and keep throwing ultra balls (i press CTRL+B right when the ball pop open, it really helps), and u can catch them eventually.
Where do you find the button CTRL on your GBA?
Old 03-17-2004, 07:33 AM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
I think he meant down+B.

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 03-17-2004, 09:41 AM
Thunderbird Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Thunderbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
OOPS, my brain is filled with cpu codes.....
i mean, press UP+ B when the ball pops open, it will have a better chance of catching the pokemon. :surprised

Current team:
Old 03-17-2004, 12:29 PM
Nm3k Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Nm3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidsign
Same here...

Except I managed to catch my Regice when he was at about 75% health, using a Dive ball.

Odd ???

I caught Regice with a Premium Ball..
Old 03-17-2004, 03:21 PM
Fanatical_Somarian Offline
New Trainer

"For me, they were easy. I hacked a Scyther in my game, taught it Falseswipe, made their heath go to 1 HP, chucked Ultra Balls, and caught them. Regirock was the hardest to catch though. It took 99 Ultra Balls on Regirock to catch him, 75 on Registeel, and 50 on Regice."

lol, you noob
"When coming to a room which you know is occupied by your friend and possibly another girl, you must knock and wait for an adequate response. If no response occurs, and the door is locked, a 10 minute period is required before knocking again."
Closed Thread