Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:24 AM
Espeon EX Offline

Send a message via MSN to Espeon EX
Default Re: Globally Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (46.01 million units sold) vs other Pokemon Game

I personally like the G/S/C games the most, graphics made it seem like a real pkmn game.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:48 AM
Tokoro Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: Globally Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (46.01 million units sold) vs other Pokemon Game

hmmm, I liked red and blue the most, for nostalgic reasons.

then it's a tie of gold and silver/ Diamond and pearl.
(these two are really close)

then it's Ruby and Sapphire >.> I didn't like those too much.

Earthbound is the best game ever, check it out^^
Old 08-21-2007, 05:03 AM
Ulazlo Offline
Elite Trainer

go classic games!

to be honest those were the best, the memories behind them were so good and they were the first ones and you know how they say the sequels are always worse. (except for gold and silver which were awesome as well)

if you lived when the classics first came out then you would understand why they are so great. if you only play them 10 years after they came out you just can't enjoy it as much.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:21 AM
Darkrai_Shadowforce Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulazlo View Post
go classic games!

to be honest those were the best, the memories behind them were so good and they were the first ones and you know how they say the sequels are always worse. (except for gold and silver which were awesome as well)

if you lived when the classics first came out then you would understand why they are so great. if you only play them 10 years after they came out you just can't enjoy it as much.
I got your point.
I agree.
I felt pokemon most on the first games than in it's sequels.
I fully enjoy it when I played the classics.Unlike sequels d/p,you can't enjoy it much unlike the 1st gen.but still,...

I like the d/p most.cause my fave poke is in there.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:00 PM
pokemonking Offline
New Trainer

The 2nd generation Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games will be coming out in Japan soon.

I think they will outsell Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, and even Pokemon Gold and Silver.

Maybe..........even beat Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Ulazlo Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonking View Post
The 2nd generation Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games will be coming out in Japan soon.

I think they will outsell Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, and even Pokemon Gold and Silver.

Maybe..........even beat Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow.
the MD games i heard were pretty bad, i doubt they could beat out the originals. just the fact that they were the first ones made it so a bunch of people bought them. now people know what to expect from pokemon games so if they didn't like the originals they won't buy the new ones.

and in case you didn't notice the first MD didn't even make it into the top 5 so how could it beat R/B/Y?
Old 08-23-2007, 04:37 AM
Nick_Roge Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I think Diamond and Pearl games might cap out at about twelve million copies but, I'm noticing a trend. A negative trend in fact. I guess the fact is, Pokemon is dieing out.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:55 PM
h_sy Offline
Experienced Trainer

There is NO WAY DP can outsell them. They're a bit pricey and one of their functions is wi-fi which not everybody can set up. And besides, you'd need a DS to use the game anyways. DS cost: 140$ CAD
Old 08-23-2007, 10:42 PM
RaichuMaster Offline
New Trainer

If it wasn't for Diamond and Pearl, I would know far fewer Pokemon players. More people are getting into it than I've seen getting into G/S/C or R/S/E. Cooler character designs and Wi-fi compatibility, has actually made it okay to like Pokemon.

We all know R/B/Y as the Daddy Warbucks that no other Pokemon game could touch, so it'd be shooting high to say that the new games could touch them. G/S/C started with momentum, and lots of it, but it was the generation that saw a large drop-off in interest, because Nintendo had a long period without new product. To hold interest, you had to keep the product coming. As for the R/S/E generation, it started on a bad note (it carried over from the 2nd gen) but ended okay.

Now I'm interested in seeing how D/P can carry the Pokemon name. So far, it has gained incredible momentum, and it looks like a given that it will surpass R/S, and perhaps even G/S/C.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:24 PM
pokemon_novice1 Offline
New Trainer

I've heard that the two new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Generation 2 games are really cool and awesome, much much better than the 1st generation.

I think if Nintendo bundles generation 2 with the NDS from the release date in Japan and in other parts of the world or sells the two games for $20 CAD each unbundled, I am sure they will surpass many Pokemon games.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:08 AM
WifiFX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to WifiFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemaniacs View Post
My question is "Do you think Pokemon Diamond/Pearl will be able to outsell Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire or even Pokemon Gold/Silver worldwide ?"
My Question is...

Will Pokemon sell out? The numbers are slowly decreasing.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:15 AM
Nitro Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifiFX View Post
My Question is...

I hope not, but anything's possible. All I know is that I will try to prevent that. But with all the competition, it's very possible that it will sell out.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:18 AM
WifiFX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to WifiFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodown View Post
I hope not, but anything's possible. All I know is that I will try to prevent that. But with all the competition, it's very possible that it will sell out.
I almost know it will, come on! 8 badges, the E4, complete your National dex, it's all repetitive, we all know what's ahead of us when we buy a game.

We're selling out because they're giving us too much to do, and it's all repetitive.

Let's say, I want to complete my sinnoh dex, I have everything I need, all of the GBA games, and Diamond and pearl, I have also gone to all of the events, (Very unlikely but..)
then....They make a new game, 150 new pokemon, you're just leading yourself into an everbinding market, and more and more people are slowly starting to realize that.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:17 AM
pokemon_novice1 Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifiFX View Post
My Question is...

The ONLY way to save Pokemon from selling out is to bundle it out the NDS or to reduce the price to $20 CAD/game.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Pikablu Pie Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon_novice1 View Post
I've heard that the two new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Generation 2 games are really cool and awesome, much much better than the 1st generation.
No, they probobly won't be much better then the first pair of games. I honestly aren't a fan of them, and if the first games didn't make it to the top five, what makes you think these'll make it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon_novice1 View Post
The ONLY way to save Pokemon from selling out is to bundle it out the NDS or to reduce the price to $20 CAD/game.
Pokemon would never do that, and it won't really help.

Click here to take a stupid test.
Quote:
Help Reduce Forest Fires. Stop Flaming Now!