Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 08-11-2007, 03:23 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Lack of graders

Lock this thread if it isn't neccessary, or if the problem is being fixed, but why aren't there enough graders, or ones that actually do it? A lot of people are waiting a lot longer than they should just because nobody is doing it.

Post something that may help.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:26 AM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf
Default Re: Lack of graders

You're right, sadly.

Anyway, check out my post in those boards. I'm looking for new graders to try and help. :o
Old 08-11-2007, 05:21 AM
~Falcon~ Offline

Send a message via AIM to ~Falcon~

I'll try to aply in the morning, anyways its late now ^^ i shall do the helpings tomorrow, but now, the sleepings X3
Old 08-11-2007, 05:47 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

I'm a new grader and sadly, I haven't done any grading. I have been just so dang busy with real life.

I'll do my best to get in at least some grading, but I'm going to be taking on a second job (if they hire me), and I am trying to get together with friends I haven't seen in months. I'll still be as active as I can with grading but, I'll be stocked with stuff to do for the next week.

@.@ so much stuff going on in my life...

=^^= Nya
Old 08-11-2007, 05:48 AM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN

Gonna try and help a bit.
Just, be gentle.

-]DU[-

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Old 08-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Even though I've only written one story, I'll apply for grader status... =3

I doubt I'll get it, but I hope I do. I'll PM someone later today about it, so check your inboxes. =D

-Jackson-
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 08-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Subside Offline

Send a message via AIM to Subside Send a message via MSN to Subside

Well with the influx of new members that have came with Diamond and Pearl been released there are a lot more members joining and more stories to get through. Just give it time I suppose.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Froxy Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Froxy

I'd love to apply for grader status, despite my low post count (though I don't think that really matters...XD). I've critiqued about 200 stories in the past, all like the ones on here, and people have said I do a pretty good job.
digitaldevil1056 (3:15:46 PM): I think Froxy is high
digitaldevil1056 (3:15:48 PM): :/
Old 08-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Pikablu Pie Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

I'm thinking about taking the test, too. =3 I may be young, but I personally think I'm pretty good m'self.

Click here to take a stupid test.
Quote:
Help Reduce Forest Fires. Stop Flaming Now!
Old 08-12-2007, 12:07 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

- New people joining = More stories
- The current grader team has several inactive people.. That doesn't help.
- The writers nag graders, and so graders stop grading entirely, making even less graders.

Obviously, this is a problem. The solution, however, isn't easy. We can not force inactive graders to grade. We also can't get enough new graders, because, quite frankly, a majority of the people who want to be graders are totally unsuited for the job, IMHO. Many use chatspeak, and can't get a Capture on thier own stories, and thus.. Well... They wouldn't be great rolemodels/graders. ^^;

Then again, there are also people who could be graders, but haven't been tested yet. So hopefully, they'll pass the test making more graders, and when summer ends and vacatin ends, the current graders will be back and grading more.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Don't worry, FFK! I've PMed Meg my test, so fingers crossed!

I'd laugh if you groaned at reading this! XD
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 08-12-2007, 01:11 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

;p I'll admit I wasn't so sure about you when you first joined, but I do think you could be a grader at some point, now. I dunno if you'll pass right now, but if not, I think another few stories, and you'll be ready. You have definitely improved. =)

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Pikablu Pie Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Heh, I sent Meg a question aking if I couldn't grade without word, but found an online spell and grammar check right after. ;P I going to take test soon. I'm confident in my ability to suceed. ;P

Here's the link, btw. Just paste your story in the text box, click "Spell Check," and then I'm pretty sure it works just like Word.

Click here to take a stupid test.
Quote:
Help Reduce Forest Fires. Stop Flaming Now!
Old 08-12-2007, 02:47 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Well, maybe graders could get a better incentive (for the good ones), I know 500s is big to some people, but the majority of stories are for simple Pokemon. Its really hard to put a 5k story into that many words.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:22 AM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer Marco View Post
Well, maybe graders could get a better incentive (for the good ones), I know 500s is big to some people, but the majority of stories are for simple Pokemon. Its really hard to put a 5k story into that many words.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Graders get paid by the effort put into the grades themselves, not the length of the story... if that's what you mean.