Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Trivia/Games

Trivia/Games Join in the Trivia games! Any trivia/games are accepted.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:16 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default The Pikachu Survivor Game - ☆Zany Pikachu Fiesta Round!☆

THE PIKACHU SURVIVOR GAME: ZANY PIKACHU FIESTA ROUND!

Legal Notice: By participating in this game, you subject yourself to total Pikachu insanity and psychosis. Our legal staff hopes you thoroughly enjoy it.

INTRODUCTION

A whopping six rounds later, this crazy game of mine thought up in less than an hour continues to be a PE2K highlight. In Round 5, I totally lost my mind and had a round with a 50 crazy people who were willing to part with their humanity for infinite banner requests. Only one of them walked away still a human. All the rest became a Pikachu.

And I enjoyed that all the way.

Even though this round only has half the people, trust me it will be just as fun and insane as all the other rounds. And as it stands, the Hall of Fame remains as this:

Round 1’s Winner: May Norman (PE2K’s Fireball!)
Round 2’s Winner: Chuck Norris (Actually, canceled from overload in capacity.)
Round 3’s Winner: Knightblazer (Master of the Winz!)
Round 4’s Winner: Mario (Houston Rocks!)
Round 5’s Winner: sonickid01 (And now I’m his banner slave!)

Also featured in Round 6 are TOTALLY NEW AVATARS AND BANNERS! Which means none of the old stuff (some of the same Pikachu pictures are used because I totally sapped out even my enormous supply last round!).

Meanwhile, as with the previous five rounds, people who sign up for this need to agree that it's okay for me to change their signature and avatar. If you become a Pikachu in this game, your avatar and banner will be changed to reflect it. Don’t worry, most people think I make great banners, and some even join this game just for that. :P

OBJECTIVE

You’ve survived fevers, colds, and coughs. However, when Pika Flu hit your town, this was definitely something your immune system wasn’t ready for.

The city where you live was overrun by a strange sickness known as Pika Flu, and the result of catching Pika Flu is finding yourself permanently turned into a Pikachu. To win this game, you need to be the last human standing. If you win this, you’ll be able to freely ask for banners from me at any time. You won’t have to put up with the hassles that usually come from request threads. Along with that comes the privilege to laugh at the other 24 people who didn’t make it. Ask anyone who has won a round, that’s good fun!

And as I’ve realized throughout the many months, there are plenty of people who really actually enjoy losing at this game and join just to get a cool Pikachu banner and avatar. These people rock. Kudos to all you people, you know I’ve got your avatars and banners ready and waiting.

HOW IT WORKS

When the game starts, everyone gets a number. And then, each day at noon (12 PM EST, or possibly 1 PM if I get a little tied up), a randomized roll is made to see who becomes a Pikachu. If your number is rolled, congratulations! You’re now a Pikachu! That’s not a good thing if you’re trying to win though.

Another way that you can become a Pikachu is through Slow Action Pika Flu, which contestants can use against each other to make each other Pikachus outside of the randomized roll. If you are hit with Slow Action Pika Flu, you have three days (exactly 72 hours from when it was contracted) to get a Gold Elixir or Blessed Cure to remove the effect. If you don’t get either before the time limit is up, those red cheeks, thunderbolt tail, and shiny black eyes should be a clear indication of what happened.

Meanwhile, to protect yourself against the randomized roll, there are items such as Immunities and Guards that offer protection from it. However, remember that they won’t permanently protect you, their effects wear off and you need a constant income of protection if you want to make it to the end. Also, despite the effect of items, the randomized roll will keep going until someone becomes a Pikachu.

CHALLENGES

If you want protective items, you need to participate and win challenges, which consist of trivia questions that will come from subjects all over the place. Meanwhile, Blessed Cure challenges are 100% Pokémon related questions. That’s the only hint. Also, if an item is pretty powerful, its questions will be harder.

There are two ways to submit answers to these trivia questions. The first and best way is to PM them. The second way is to post them in this thread. Whoever submits the right answers first out of both methods gets the item. Remember to answer fully also, as people in the past have lost out on items for forgetting to put details in their answers. Also, if you submit answers and at least one of them is wrong, I’m only going to tell you your answers are not 100% right. I won’t say which ones, you need to find that out on your own.

In the rare case of two people getting the challenge correct at the exact same time (Its happened before, one PMed and one posted at the exact minute!), there will be a sudden death challenge for the two participants. Only then will you post your answer instead of PMing it. That way, whoever posts the right answers first wins.

IMMUNITIES

Immunities last for a short while, but they give you infinite protection against Pikachu rolls for the time they last. Your number could be rolled a million times, but if you have an active Immunity, you’ll be fine. However, once that Immunity’s time is up, it’s gone, and you’ll have to get a new one to continue the effect. Also, I’ll label the days the Immunity will be active. “ACTIVE IMMUNITY” means you possess an Immunity that will still protect against future Pikachu rolls. “EXPIRED IMMUNITY” means you had the Immunity for today’s Pikachu roll, but it’s been used up and it won’t be there tomorrow. Also, toward the end of the game, Immunities become more powerful and valuable than they were in the beginning.

Also, it is possible to extend an already existing Immunity by earning another one.

Weak Immunity – Weak Immunities protect for one day. Considering there are 24 people in the beginning, these will be next to useless toward the beginning of the game. However, when the numbers start thinning out, expect to see more of them.

Strong Immunity – Strong Immunities protect for two days. Other than that, they behave like a normal Immunity.

Mega Immunity – Mega Immunities protect for three days. Some will be offered in the beginning, but later on, they will stop appearing.

GUARDS

Guards have no time limit like Immunities and last with you until you need them. However, they only work once per Guard. If you have a guard and your number is rolled, you will be protected for that one shot. They will save you from becoming a Pikachu as long as you have them with you. It is also possible to have multiple guards.

Power Guard – The Power Guard will protect you from one Pikachu roll. However, if your number is rolled, the Power Guard is used up, and the roll takes place again.

Avenger Guard – The Avenger Guard will protect you from one Pikachu roll. However, if the Avenger Guard is used, it becomes an Immunity for the day and triggers a second Pikachu roll! Just note, these will only be offered in the beginning. Toward the endgame, I will stop having challenges for them.

In terms of Guards and Immunities, the hierarchy goes like this:

Immunities > Avenger Guards > Power Guards

Which means your Immunities will protect Guards, but if you have no Immunities, your Avenger Guards will be used first before your Power Guards are.

WEAPONS

These are all fun devices to use against other contestants. If you’re trying to win, why not take a few of them out to make it easier for you?

Spear of Revenge - This brutal and favorite piece of hardware is known for being a thrill maker. Whoever wins the Spear of Revenge gets to select three people who they think would make really great Pikachus. After they’ve been selected, the next Pikachu roll occurs only between those three people, while everyone else gets to watch the pleasure. However, if any of these three victims have Guards or Immunities, they are still counted. This can be used to your advantage though if you’re clever with who you pick.

Make sure you’re the one using the Spear of Revenge, not one of the people that are going to become a cute, fuzzy, yellow, electric mouse.

Also, the Spear of Revenge can not be held, it must be used instantly.

Slow Action Pika Flu Syringe – Getting this allows you to give another player Slow Action Pika Flu. Give it to a friend, or an enemy! They’ll become a cute Pikachu if they don’t a Gold Elixir or Blessed Cure in three days time. Also, it must be used instantly, and can not be held to be used later.

Pika Flu Weapons of Mass Destruction
“Oh nuts.” ~TVTMaster after using Pika Flu WOMD on himself thinking he could keep it away from other people.

This is the ultimate joy toy for the insane, the psychotic, and the trigger-happy. It’s for those people that love Pikachu almost as much as I do, or just joined for the free Pikachu banner and avatar. Meanwhile, they also get to take out a few others with them.

When you get Pikachu Weapons of Mass Destruction because you’re psychotic or insane, you set off a massive detonation that sends a enormous mushroom cloud of Pika Flu into the air. However, you’re at ground zero, so the first one to become a Pikachu is you. Congratulations. But that’s not all!

You also get to select two others to become Pikachus with you. It also bypasses through all Guards and Immunities due to the MASSIVE exposure. Meanwhile, two others even besides that get Slow Action Pika Flu! Really cool, eh? You know you want it!

Also, as TVTMaster discovered during Round 4, you can’t get it to keep it away from other people. It’s also used instantly.

CURES

Okay, so you don’t want to be a Pikachu after all…

But you weren’t able to help it, or some mean or nasty psychotic person hit you with Slow Action Pika Flu and you’d like to get rid of it. These are how you get cured!

The Blessed Cure – This is undoubtedly the best item in the game, and it’s the only way to get back into the game after becoming a Pikachu. If you win the Blessed Cure, you become human again, and you can get back into the game. Or, if you have Slow Action Pika Flu on you, this will get rid of it just in time.

Also, Blessed Cure Challenges only have Pokémon-related questions. That’s the only hint you’ll get. Also, you can’t participate in a Blessed Cure Challenge unless you’re a Pikachu or have Slow Action Pika Flu on you.

Gold Elixir – If some nasty person hit you with a Slow Action Pika Flu Syringe or a totally insane psychopath used Pika Flu WOMD and tagged you with Slow Action Pika Flu, this will help bail you out in time. Don’t wait too long to get it, or you will become a Pikachu. Also, only people who have Slow Action Pika Flu can participate in Gold Elixir challenges.

CLOSING

WARNING: If you become a Pikachu and you take off your Pikachu banner and avatar, that’s considered forfeiting from the game and you will be unable to come back (Again, it’s a part of the game!) And needless to say, I kinda frown upon this. Just keep them on and wait for Blessed Cure challenges. They’ll come!

And lastly, if you win this massive PSG round, you’ll be able to request banners, avatars, buttons, or whatever from me, unchallenged and uncontested. I get lots of demand all the time, and I just can’t handle it all. But I will for you if you win this. Also, you’ll get to laugh at the 24 Pikachus that this crazy game threw into action. Now who wouldn’t want that?

So, ready to gamble your humanity for one heck of a prize?

Old 09-12-2007, 01:18 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Default Re: The Pikachu Survivor Game - ☆Zany Pikachu Fiesta Round!☆

Let’s kick it off!

Sure, you may only have a 4% chance of being turned into a Pikachu now, but its going to happen to someone. Make sure it isn’t you with a Strong Immunity! Ready?

Question #1 – Where was famous basketball player Michael Jordan born?

Question #2 – Who are the two current US Senators from Kentucky?

Question #3 – Which actor plays the role of Jason Bourne in the Bourne Identity, Supremacy, and Ultimatum?

You rock, so go for it!

#1 Pokeboy sarab (NORMAL)
#2 Groundon_fan (NORMAL)
#3 anastasiar (NORMAL)
#4 Entei_3000 (NORMAL)
#5 ~Falcon~ (NORMAL)
#6 Anala (NORMAL)
#7 Tiana_M (NORMAL)
#8 Legend Slayer (NORMAL)
#9 Moonlit Umbreon (NORMAL)
#10 The Jr Trainer (NORMAL)
#11 Tamer Marco (NORMAL)
#12 Draconic_Espeon (NORMAL)
#13 Hakken (NORMAL)
#14 Team overkill (NORMAL)
#15 pikahero2 (NORMAL)
#16 Deoxys Trainers (NORMAL)
#17 karmachameleon (NORMAL)
#18 luisa1 (NORMAL)
#19 Wolfgirl6 (NORMAL)
#20 turbo123212321 (NORMAL)
#21 Canis Lupus (NORMAL)
#22 bronislav84 (NORMAL)
#23 Hoshika (NORMAL)
#24 watergirl2 (NORMAL)
#25 sonickid01 (NORMAL)

<None yet, but they’re certainly coming!>

Old 09-12-2007, 01:18 AM
Anala Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Anala

Yay, it's starting! *dances* I'm so excited!

I think I might know the answers!

#1: Brooklyn, New York

#2: Mitch McConnell and Jim Bunning

#3: Matt Damon

Banette
Done!
Done!
Level 100: 539
Soul Silver FC: 4039 8412 2704

Last edited by Anala; 09-12-2007 at 01:23 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:29 AM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

Darn, Anala beat me to it. Oh well, there's always next time.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:32 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala View Post
Yay, it's starting! *dances* I'm so excited!

I think I might know the answers!

#1: Brooklyn, New York

#2: Mitch McConnell and Jim Bunning

#3: Matt Damon
Perfect! Nicely done!

#2 Groundon_fan (NORMAL)
#3 anastasiar (NORMAL)
#4 Entei_3000 (NORMAL)
#5 ~Falcon~ (NORMAL)
#6 Anala (NORMAL) <ACTIVE IMMUNITY> (9/12/07 - 9/13/07)
#7 Tiana_M (NORMAL)
#11 Tamer Marco (NORMAL)
#13 Hakken (NORMAL)
#15 pikahero2 (NORMAL)
#18 luisa1 (NORMAL)
#19 Wolfgirl6 (NORMAL)
#21 Canis Lupus (NORMAL)
#22 bronislav84 (NORMAL)
#23 Hoshika (NORMAL)
#24 watergirl2 (NORMAL)
#25 sonickid01 (NORMAL)

Old 09-12-2007, 01:33 AM
Hoshika Offline

Shouldn't it be 9/11 and not 9/12? Well, it doesn't matter anyway... XP

This one was too boring. No drawing, sorry. D=

Come on, peoples! Whenever you win a challenge to turn somebody into a Pikachu, PICK ME! I'm already a Pikachu. :D *smash'd*
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:34 AM
LS Offline

Lawl I lost but w/e

1) Brookylin NY
2) Jim Bunning (R) Mitch McConnell (R)
3) Matt Damon Also starring in Oceans 11/12/13 8D

^VERY LATE
Old 09-12-2007, 01:40 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
Shouldn't it be 9/11 and not 9/12? Well, it doesn't matter anyway... XP

This one was too boring. No drawing, sorry. D=

Come on, peoples! Whenever you win a challenge to turn somebody into a Pikachu, PICK ME! I'm already a Pikachu. :D *smash'd*
Well, its 9/12 because there's no Pikachu Roll today. That comes tomorrow.

And Hoshika, you already know this game does get weird irony very often. You might just get your wish tomorrow.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:42 AM
Hoshika Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
And Hoshika, you already know this game does get weird irony very often. You might just get your wish tomorrow.
Like the LordZangoose Pika Die conspiracy. YES IT IS A CONSPIRACY, EVEN IF IT WAS A RANDOM INTEGER GENERATOR'S WORK!! >:P

I want the honors of first rolled Pikachu of Round 6. That, or last one. I dunno. =P
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:44 AM
Hakken Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Hakken Send a message via MSN to Hakken Send a message via Yahoo to Hakken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
That sounded odd to me. xD

I can never answer these questions, so... X_x.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:44 AM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R

*Falls on the gorund*

Good thing it's a half a day on the 12th...

Gee I missed the good part! Anyway I hope not to miss it again...

---Wanted Grovyle...(Not sure about that yet...)---
Old 09-12-2007, 01:47 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakken View Post
That sounded odd to me. xD

I can never answer these questions, so... X_x.
Use Google and Wikipedia as your magic weapons!

Nah really, I don't expect people to know every one of these questions offhand. Feel free to use anything to get the answers, as long as they're correct, they're good to go.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:46 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

I’m… just feeling generous today. Let’s do it again! Which one of you night owls will get this one?

And its for an Avenger Guard! These things are half weapon, half protection! Get it while its hot!

Question #1 – “The Brotherhood of Nod” is a faction from what series of games?

Question #2 – What location was used to film the Battle of Hoth in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back?

Question #3 – What is the capital of the country Nepal?

Go for it!

#2 Groundon_fan (NORMAL)
#3 anastasiar (NORMAL)
#4 Entei_3000 (NORMAL)
#5 ~Falcon~ (NORMAL)
#7 Tiana_M (NORMAL)
#11 Tamer Marco (NORMAL)
#13 Hakken (NORMAL)
#15 pikahero2 (NORMAL)
#18 luisa1 (NORMAL)
#19 Wolfgirl6 (NORMAL)
#21 Canis Lupus (NORMAL)
#22 bronislav84 (NORMAL)
#23 Hoshika (NORMAL)
#24 watergirl2 (NORMAL)
#25 sonickid01 (NORMAL)

Old 09-12-2007, 03:51 AM
LS Offline

Tiberian series of Westwood Studios' Command & Conquer real-time strategy video games
Question #2 – What location was used to film the Battle of Hoth in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back?
Norway
Katmandu
Old 09-12-2007, 04:02 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Slayer View Post
Tiberian series of Westwood Studios' Command & Conquer real-time strategy video games
Norway
Katmandu
A winner is you! Nicely done, man.

#2 Groundon_fan (NORMAL)
#3 anastasiar (NORMAL)
#4 Entei_3000 (NORMAL)
#5 ~Falcon~ (NORMAL)
#7 Tiana_M (NORMAL)
#8 Legend Slayer (NORMAL) =AVENGER GUARD 1x=
#11 Tamer Marco (NORMAL)
#13 Hakken (NORMAL)
#15 pikahero2 (NORMAL)
#18 luisa1 (NORMAL)