Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 03-04-2005, 02:34 PM
absol2005 Offline

Send a message via MSN to absol2005
Talking Re: Rukario Revealed!

i hope it is a dark legendary, and it seems to be electric too
Old 03-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Channel Delibird Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Channel Delibird Send a message via MSN to Channel Delibird Send a message via Yahoo to Channel Delibird
Default Re: Rukario Revealed!

From that, it certainly looks Dark to me - it'll either be Dark/Psychic or Dark/Ice - probably Dark/Psychic as in Sneasel you've already got a fairly similar Dark/Ice PKMN. Plus, these days legendary = psychic.

The word you want there is telekinesis, Kamon - telepathy is simply mind-to-mind communication.

Channel Delibird
A.K.A. Vex, also formerly: Poke the North!; Diboofm Efmjcjse

Current Soul Silver team

Caracas, Las Vegas, Babylon, Chennai, Napoli, Wollongong
Old 03-04-2005, 02:43 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Guys, here's the original pic.

Yes, I know, they all look cool in those costumes, and that Rukario dude looks cooler in this pic.

EDIT: Here's the vertical one...

EDIT 2: Trailer for Pokemon Movie 8.

http://www.pokemon2005.jp/

Not really a trailer, I have no idea where serebii got their trailer, but w/e. This one is pretty kewl anyway.

Last edited by boltAge; 03-04-2005 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Channel Delibird Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Channel Delibird Send a message via MSN to Channel Delibird Send a message via Yahoo to Channel Delibird

That's a sweet picture, and the guy in blue with the staff looks very cool, but what's up with the costumes? Brock and Max look ridiculous, not to mention Pikachu...

Channel Delibird
A.K.A. Vex, also formerly: Poke the North!; Diboofm Efmjcjse

Current Soul Silver team

Caracas, Las Vegas, Babylon, Chennai, Napoli, Wollongong
Old 03-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

My mistake, Vex; Psychic Pokemon such as Mewtwo, etc have both Telepathy and Telekinesis. Anyway...

Real Trailer:
http://www.pokemon2005.jp/index.html#trailer

As for Lucario... I've finished a sprite. Or at least, almost finished. By examining the Trailer I've found that he has what seems to be a black, W-shaped pattern around the base of his neck (Think Pichu) and a silver spike on his chest (Obviously to match those on his arms).

Another thing: why I use the term "he". Well, Lucario is definately a Psychic Pokemon. Why? Well, it definately has telepathy. You can hear a short shot of its voice in the Trailer (And he sounds evil, just like the Japanese Mewtwo; I suggest we start writing to 4Kids now to make sure they get an evil-voice VA for the main Mon of the next movie).

Anyway, the sprite... Ask permission before use, and yes I know the legs are lacking detail, but that is something I'll update after watching the Trailer a few hundred more times.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 03-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Tidus24 Offline
Elite Trainer

Here's a full body photo of Rukario

He's a really cool PKM. The attack his using is similar to that psychic attack of Mewtwo, the attack name, I think it's Psy Burn.

Old 03-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Jhem Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Jhem Send a message via MSN to Jhem Send a message via Yahoo to Jhem

Why does Mew come down in the form of Ho-oh from the sky? it made no sense to me how he comes down as Ho-oh from the clouds, then is engulfed in flames, then mew comes out, with no ho-oh.

Also, I wonder why the regis don't make an appearance in the trailer?
Old 03-05-2005, 02:35 AM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Rukario looks like Klonoa (old Playstation game) fused with Latios and Anubis wearing boxers. o.0

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 03-05-2005, 02:48 AM
FinalThunder Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to FinalThunder Send a message via Yahoo to FinalThunder

I think it is part Dark and part ice/water like Sneasel
Old 03-05-2005, 04:30 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Hmmm... I don;t really have any supportive thoughts on this creature. I know it will be Psychic, because of that weirdo energy blast.

Now, onto my thoughts on the movie...

WTF? Where did those Pokemon get that armor? Please don't tell me they built it. Please.

And Kamon, your sprite is godly. Can I use it in a Sprite Comic I'm making?
Old 03-05-2005, 04:53 AM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto

It looks cool. It looks like it will be a perfect rival/opponent to Mewtwo, so maybe it will be a Dark-type Pokémon. But who knows, we all thought Latios and Latias were going to be Dragon/Flying but yet they were Dragon/Psychic. Pokémon types are becoming weirder now, so it might be a Bug type for all we now

Also, it looks Dog-like and Mewtwo looks cat-like, so it would definately would be an awesome opponent for Mewtwo.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:58 AM
Jhem Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Jhem Send a message via MSN to Jhem Send a message via Yahoo to Jhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario
Also, it looks Dog-like and Mewtwo looks cat-like, so it would definately would be an awesome opponent for Mewtwo.
I don't know why ppl are comparing him to mewtwo an saying he is mewtwo's counterpart... no, he's not. Even if he resembled him in shape. if anything, Mew's the counterpart. Mewtwo has NOTHING to do with this movie. I'm not singling you out, Matt. there are others

Last edited by Jhem; 03-05-2005 at 05:00 AM.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:41 AM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

Why does he have little penises on the back of his head?

Anyway, if he is psychic, I will quit Pokemon.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Mew appears as Ho-oh because it has the Genes of every Pokemon, as well as the move Transform, so it's likely Mew might be able to transform into a Pokemon without seeing it.

It's definately Psychic, because thus far the only non-Psychic Pokemon that has been able to communicate with humans is Meowth (i.e. Mewtwo, Lugia, Entei+Unown Powers, Jirachi), and I'm not entire;y sure on the second type. I hope Dark, as it'd make an awesome type combo, though I doubt it has anything to do with Ice or Water just by watching the Trailer. We already have 2 Water Legendaries Suicune and Kyogre) and 2 Ice Legendaries (Articuno and Regice), so they might go for a new type.

Khold, don't. =[

I'd have to say it looks like a dog (Actually, Anubis is supposedly a Jackal, so if they share similarities - which they do - it'd actually make it a Jackal also) for the theme; ancient. Ancient Castle, ancient war/fight, ancient Pokemon (Regis, Mew), ancient clothes (Clothes Ash and co wear are likely very old designs), and a Pokemon that resembles and ancient god.

My Egyptian history isn't that good, but if I remember correctly, Anubis guided the dead to Osiris (Or something like that) which could be a clue to "Wave Guiding Hero" (After all, it seems that the story revolves around that Sceptre that the Hero [Ash] must use).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust
Hmmm... I don;t really have any supportive thoughts on this creature. I know it will be Psychic, because of that weirdo energy blast.

Now, onto my thoughts on the movie...

WTF? Where did those Pokemon get that armor? Please don't tell me they built it. Please.

And Kamon, your sprite is godly. Can I use it in a Sprite Comic I'm making?
Sure, but I suggest you use the attached version.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Lucario.gif (723 Bytes, 90 views)

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 03-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhem
I don't know why ppl are comparing him to mewtwo an saying he is mewtwo's counterpart... no, he's not. Even if he resembled him in shape. if anything, Mew's the counterpart. Mewtwo has NOTHING to do with this movie. I'm not singling you out, Matt. there are others
And I don't know why people are considering it a male when we aren't sure of it yet.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I never said it was, I said it would be cool if it was matched up with Mewtwo. So therefore...it would be cool if it was matched up with Mewtwo.