Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:56 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default LAIR: The Aftermath Conflict {RP}

Its finally here! Happy posting and the Sign Ups are still open. for those who signed up, happy posting!

PLOT:
The conquer of the Assylians has long passed. The Mokai have reigned for at least a hundred years and everyhting resulted in little conflict, no war and an overall peaceful outlook on the future of Asylia. The rulers haven't had a major issue to deal with for years. Everyone seems to be happy. That is, except a small group of dragon riders calling themselves the Rydans'. They didn't come forcefully, but a small band of people from the very edges of the kingdom who lived near the volcanoes.

The Rydans' claimed that the volcanoes were becoming far more trecherous, erupting more frequently everyday causing immense destruction to whatever good, green land was in the far west. The present ruler, being naive and thick didn't believe the mysterious people, and sent them off back to their land. The Rydans' weren't pleased with what they had been told, but left with co-operation. The Rydans' weren't seen since then, they had disappeared.

As time went on, the warning from the lone clan went unheeded, and soon it came back to haunt the green lands of Asylia. Because of the continual and enigmatic eruptions, problems began to arise within the kingdom. The tamed agricultural beasts became hostile, and a few dragons became more wild and vicious. No one could ride or get near a Bull Dragon or an Ice dragon without getting a fatal wound or nearly getting killed. Soon, the volcanoes emerged near the castle walls, and thats when all hell broke loose. The lava tumbled and torched buildings along with the stampedes of Tauren, Bull and Ice Dragons. Soon, there was nothing left but ruin in a matter of a few months. With one of the only populated places in Asylia destroyed, it seemed to be the Apocolypse had finally come.

Years later, the event told was known as the Aftermath. There are very few places of green land, no larger than a small island. New, small clans of people who have survived are at war with each other, fighting over what land there is. Some have done a bit of reasearch on the Aftermath, and have found that what happened to Asylia, wasn't meant to happen at all. It was rought upon the region unnaturally. The clans have returned to the Assylians, the Mokai and the new ones, the Rydans, who's true location is unknown, and the Narins, a rival and 'tainted' as often put clan of humans towards the Rydan, and who rule the largest area of land in Asylia, the Wastelands, the arid, toxic and chaotic area filled with deformed and deathly beasts and the wild Dragons, mostly Bull and Ice.

People are either too concerned about survival, or how much land they have. The Rydan clan is investigating the volcanoes at the risk of their own lives with few other people from the Mokai and Assylian clans, trying to remove the Narins from the face of existance and trying to restore the world back to its former life.

What will you do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was early morning as the first rays of the dawn melted the frost off the hilltops, creating a faint mist in the valleys. The scent of last nights rain remained and water jeweled the bit of plants in what green land was left. The Wastelands were steaming with heat and volcanic gasses, craggy hills and craters lay everywhere. The ocean, untouched and as timeless as space itself lapped up upon the shore, stone spires that reached the sky with ancient carvings and runes lay near small bunches of island, uninhabbited by human life, but the wild beasts of Tauren, Manta, Dragons and who knew what else.

OOC: This is like a bit of a starting post for everyone. Like an intro.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IC: It was nearly daybreak, and I rushed the small bit of provisions that I had inat a small leather bag. I wrapped my cloak around my and fastened it properly, readying myself for a few days travel. I shut the door of the cottage behind me, swinging my bag onto my shoulder. I could see the light of the sun coming over the mountain side. It wouldn't touch the city until noon at least. I made my way up to the higher caverns where the Rune Battalion, the Dragon guards of the sky like the Assylian's Sky Guard many many years ago, resided. No one knew where the Rydan clan made its home, no one except the Rydan people. Watching my footing, making sure not to slip on the wet stone path that led up to her cave, I eventually got up to my cavern. Inside was a Plains, or Fire dragon, saddled and ready for flight. She looked up at me and got onto her feet, greeting my with a soft moan.

"Sorry for taking so long Rykan." I said, patting her head. "I still need to get a few things from the armory, my weapons and what not, the toxin mask, put a few things on your saddle and we're ready to go."

She made an impatient whine as I started out the entry way. I knew exactly what she meant, even if she couldn't speak words.

"Hey, I don't take that long." I commented, breaking out into a small jog and into the armory.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Mewchirio Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Mewchirio
Default Re: LAIR: The Aftermath Conflict {RP}

OOC: Yay! First Post!

IC: Storm looked around the cavern he was in, nearby all the other caverns that the other Rydan's were in, he walked up to Argeti, who had made herself at home in her part of the cavern. He frowned, and then sighed, knowing that she's be argumentative again, and want to stop continually travelling, and settle down for a bit, blah blah blah. He looked up at her, and she returned his look, staring deep into his eyes. It was no good arguing, and he knew it.

"Sorry for the wait, I just need to go pick up some stuff, OK?"

She snorted, and put her down and looked like she was going to go to sleep. Storm stepped outside, and munched on some feeble crumbs, and trudged off towards the armoury...

Mewchirio

Join this RP! Seriously, it's so worth it! Ragnarök [SU]
Credit-Rainbow Islands (banner) & Blazing Fury (Userbar) both from Serebii
Old 10-11-2007, 05:07 AM
vedros Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to vedros Send a message via MSN to vedros Send a message via Yahoo to vedros

Lolik lumbered through the air with Artyx on his back. As
they rode, Artyx spotted a lone Mokai warrior, using his off time
to entertain himself by slaughtering the creatures in the forest
Artyx called home.
Artyx pointed at him.

'There! There!', she yelled.

Lolik grunted and veered lazily to the right, and then sharply to the
left. Lolik landed with a loud thump near the intruder. He looked
over at the dragon, and did not even notice the young girl, he was already
shaking in his boots, literally.
Artyx put her hand on Lolik's snout, telling him to stay back.
She brandished her daggers and charged at the swordsman. He held his
weapon above his head and ran at her.

Artyx effortlessly avoided the clumsy slash witha quick leap, and landed on the
ground gracefully.

He felt the sharp pain in the back of his neck for only a split second.
The man fell to his knees, and then fell flat, dead.

Artyx retrieved her dagger. She hopped on Lolik, and they vanished into
the wind, leaving no trace but a body.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

The armory was a huge room full of weapons that glinted in the light of the burning lamp that was chained to the wall. The wall was decorated with blades of all sorts. Swords, lances, spears, axes, shields full suits of heavier armor, the list was endless. It was better looking that the stone walls around the visinity of the area. I took the lamp and leaned it toward the wall that had all of the polearms to it, and walked down the wall slowly, examining them like I was browsing to buy one. My eye eventually landed on one; a spear whose blade was that of a scythes, only reposistioned to point upwards, not on a forty-five degree angle. I picked it up off the wall, leaving a noticable space, then went to another wall, except this one had shelving to it. I backed up a bit so I could see clearly what was on the top shelf, and sure enough my quiver and bow were there. In a small jump I grasped the belt if the quiver, then pulled and caught my possesions as they fell. I pulled the quiver over my head and attatched it around my torso, took my spear in hand and knew I had everything.

"Good, now I can go." I whispered to myself.

Only then did I remember that I was missing my toxin mask. Looking around quickly, it was laying on the table. It was a dark brown, and looked like any other gass mask except for the two small pouches on the 'muzzle' part where the air was filltered out. The poisons would then sit in the pouches, unable to escape until it was emptied. I picked it up, but then heard footsteps. There was no point in hiding, but I really hoped it wasn't going to be another rider. No one liked it when I went to the Wastelands to investigate the volcanoes, but it was even worse when I went alone. Everyone knew what I would be doing up this early if they caught me, and they all sounded like my mother when they did.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Mewchirio Offline
Elite Trainer

Storm walked into the armoury and saw Aurah in their, packing some stuff to go over into the Wastelands in. He sighed, and said

"Going another another little exploring trip, I suppose. But, hey, I won't snitch on you. On one single, little condition I come with you. Don't come all, hey, I'm not a baby who needs to be looked after where ever I go. I just wanna see what's up there myself, that's all..."

Storm looked at her expectantly, waiting for the obvious no she was going to say...

Mewchirio

Last edited by Mewchirio; 10-19-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Xlugon Pyro Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Xlugon Pyro

((I don't have anything to really do yet, so I'll make my entrance when you guys leave.))
Old 10-12-2007, 01:30 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

"Going another little exploring trip, I suppose. But, hey, I won't snitch on you. On one single, little condition I come with you. Don't come all, hey, I'm not a baby who needs to be looked after where ever I go. I just wanna see what's up there myself, that's all..."

I heard Storm's voice and turned around. I really had to think of something else to say, as he took what I was about to say out of my mouth. I would have said it differently though, but that was the jist of it. I gave Storm a relaxed look.

"What are you my shadow or something?" I asked rhetorically. "I'm not just going to the 'Flame Plains', but I don't need you following me around so I'm not telling you where else I'm going."

The Flame Plains was an area were volcanoes we most active and the grassy area had bee turned into rivers and lakes of molten lava and geysers of blazing fire and ash. You could only be at a certain altitude before your dragon or you couldn't bear the heat anymore. Manta's and chaotic Bull Dragons were strewn everywhere, never mind the few Narin scouting about. It was considered one of the most dangerous areas in Assylia.

"I can go alone on this one, and its easy for me to avoid anyone that tries to track me down from the Battalion." I added, walking past him.

There was only one other tactic he could've used to make me change my mind, other wise, it was virtually impossible. I was more stubborn than a Tauren with a bad attitude, and thats saying something. There was only one person he could tell that would know exactly where I was if she was told I was gone, and that was my blind mother. Well, she wasn't blind. She had a tremendous telekenetic power and could sense where people were in any place outside the Rydan territory. I started walking down the stone steps carefully, making sure not to slip.

OOC: Just watch your spelling with your posts Chiro.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Mewchirio Offline
Elite Trainer

OOC: Oh, sorry, I'll try and fix it. XD

IC: "Fine then, I'll just go tell everyone else where you're going, and then we'll see what they say abut it... Or you can take me along and the others never need to hear a thing. Not exactly the fairest deal I've ever offered, but considering the circumstances, I’d say it was good enough..."

Storm looked up at Aurah and cocked his head to the side, as if to say 'Your choice...’ he knew it wasn't the best trick, but the amount of times she got told of, let's just say he can't count it on his fingers.

Mewchírio

Old 10-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

I stopped walking and just stood and thought about Storms statement.

Storm isn't one to bluff with something this ridiculous. Great, everyone else means mother, then I'm screwed, even with my own little tricks. I thought.

I sighed and remained in a stand still posistion. I hung my head back, thinking even further into the matter. Finally, I swung my head around and looked at Storm with a calm face that held a bit of regret and frustration in it.

"I hate you so much right now." I commented. "Unless you wanna die, grab your toxin mask, because I'm not going to be your tag-along-nurse."

I continued walking down the steps until I met back up with Rykan again. I saddled her up properly and made sure the hollsters were secure but still comfortable. She gave me a deep growl that was sort of accusing.

"Yeah, yeah, I got caught. Just watch out and identify what Ice Dragon you're hitting before you flame anything." I snapped.

I turned and waited for Storm. I didn't need to add onto my record of 'independant researching with reckless action' as the advisor put it. I was the leader of the Rune Battalion, why couldn't I research the volcanoes. Thats what the Rune Battalion was there for, besides defending the Rydan tribe from hostile outsiders that were near the territory, and aiding the Mokai and Assylian when they were truly dsperate.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Mewchirio Offline
Elite Trainer

Strom walked into Aurah and Rykan's cavern, and raised his eyebrows expectantly.

"Well, come on, what are ya waiting for?"

Strom left, and ran back to Argeti, and saddled her up.

"Yes, I know I shouldn't be doing this, but oh well. Now, come on..."

Mewchirio

OOC: Not gonna be active for a while. C ya!