Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Pokemon Main Boards Pokemon: Interactive Center Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 03:35 AM
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Default Re: Battling Center Feedback

A good point, it is. Perhaps that if a clan challenges you, you must accept. Now, I'm not going to point fingers, but there was one clan that previously existed that refused battling any of the clans that may have been stronger, but only battled the weaker clans to gain points. Not cool.

-ND

* Pro Wrestling Fan Club *
Old 01-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Dancing Mad Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Dancing Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy View Post
It was a real question for Optimus Prime. What would give you the idea it was a joke. Now really if he said the point of the clan is to make friends or something, then that clan wouldn't belong in the battling center. It would belong in like chit chat or something. The only point I can really see for a clan to be in the battling section is for battling and to get help with pokemon. And if you only get help with pokemon and don't fight then that would be something for the stragety section, now wouldn't it.

A good way to get a view of another person verison of something is to ask questions. So that's what I did was ask a question.

-Peace-
-BB-
To me the point of a clan is to have fun by battling. But getting destroyed in a battle or a war isn't that fun. Now it isn't right if the Spartans refused TSA's challenged but if the Spartans or TSA challenged some totally n00b clan I wouldn't have a problem with them refusing. I think that the best battles and wars are the close ones. Not the blowout.

"The only pace is suicide pace, and every day is a good day to die."
- Steve Prefontaine
Old 01-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Deoxys Ribonuke Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Deoxys Ribonuke

Not sure if this is the right place or not, but shouldn't this board have a stickied IV Battle-Finder Thread?

URPG Stats:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=80909
Old 01-04-2008, 08:29 PM
bigboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to bigboy Send a message via MSN to bigboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxys Ribonuke View Post
Not sure if this is the right place or not, but shouldn't this board have a stickied IV Battle-Finder Thread?
Most people are in clans so they just ask their clan mambers to.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Xnaz Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Xnaz

Well most people in clans ask other clan members for battles, but does that make the Challenge Finder Thread obsolete? No. There should be an IV Battle Thread. That would be great.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:28 AM
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
To me the point of a clan is to have fun by battling. But getting destroyed in a battle or a war isn't that fun. Now it isn't right if the Spartans refused TSA's challenged but if the Spartans or TSA challenged some totally n00b clan I wouldn't have a problem with them refusing. I think that the best battles and wars are the close ones. Not the blowout.
Well, perhaps if we allowed 30 days to a new clan to refuse wars. After that, its free-for-all for challenges. However, that's why we have the 5-member rule. Usually after you have five members, you're good to go.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:31 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

Have TSA and the other clan blown out all their opponents? I don't come on much so i don't know but yeah new clans need time to train and recruit before battling the best clans.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 01-05-2008, 05:33 AM
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
Have TSA and the other clan blown out all their opponents? I don't come on much so i don't know but yeah new clans need time to train and recruit before battling the best clans.
I don't recall this really being too much of a problem in the past. Usually, this problem emerges with powerful clans challenging a clan that has been feeding off of weaker clans for victories, and refusing the challenges from intimidating clans in fear of damaging their reputation.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:35 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

I think clans of only similar records should face like new clans face new clans,great clans face other great clans, and so on that seems fair to me.
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 01-05-2008, 05:58 AM
Shinies Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Shinies

Quote:
I think clans of only similar records should face like new clans face new clans,great clans face other great clans, and so on that seems fair to me.
Then you would face the same clan over and over.The Spartans and TSA would face since they're the best clans and theres nobody else that competes with them, so that means you can only challenge TSA or the Spartans which is not right.I think clans refuse war challenges because they want to win and they want to have a good reputation. The Elite Bandits for an example didn't back down from a challenge so then you knew they were actually the best. So what this all leads to from me is I think the clans should all accept war challenges but if you refuse you should give a good answer and not just an answer like "you're too good for us and we'll lose right away".
Old 01-05-2008, 06:02 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

The EB didn't battle that many clans but you're idea works to no refusing but You don't know that TSA and Spartans will always be on top the newer members just need expierience and advice i know i have gotten way better since i first came on so everyone else can improve as well.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:08 AM
Shinies Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
The EB didn't battle that many clans but you're idea works to no refusing but You don't know that TSA and Spartans will always be on top the newer members just need expierience and advice i know i have gotten way better since i first came on so everyone else can improve as well.
Look EB went to war with 6 clans I think and they challenged a lot more clans but they all rejected because they were scared to go to war with the best.EB was the best clan there was getting feared and showing why they were the best by winning 6 wars and not losing once. well Spartans and TSA are the best right now so they would have to face each other over and over until a better clan comes up from the ashes of there wars. I honestly don't think a clan other then those two can beat each other in a war. Plus if you think new clans need time to get better when do you think that time will be if they keep denying to go to war with the best?
Old 01-05-2008, 06:12 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

I just said I agree with the no refusing clans rule but yeah you need battles to get better obviously.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:13 AM
Shinies Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
I just said I agree with the no refusing clans rule but yeah you need battles to get better obviously.
Yeah, and whats a better way to get better?To learn from some of the best so either way you get better in a clan war against the best.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:17 AM
OZ striker 01 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to OZ striker 01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiniesRule1012 View Post
Yeah, and whats a better way to get better?To learn from some of the best so either way you get better in a clan war against the best.
That's also my opinion there is no need in battling weak clans only for some points
you need to challenge those who are better than you to learn
Closed Thread