Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Old 04-12-2005, 12:40 PM
hannah potter Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default green

even though this is not released in the uk
there is a green version.
it has venusaur on the cover just like leaf green version.

green was brought out with red in other counrtys then blue
or so i have heard
i dont think the uk will ever get just green version though.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Manjoume Jun Send a message via MSN to Manjoume Jun
Default Re: green

Pokémon Green Version was Japan's Blue Version, as they were originally blessed with Red and Green.

Then the games shipped overseas to America as Red and Blue, and Blue was then released in Japan.

Green was identical to Blue in every way, the only difference was that the Pokéon sprites were, to be blunt, abysmal.

We won't get Green because we don't need it, we have Blue, and having two identical games is not necessary.

Anyways, if you want a game with Venusaur on the cover, as you stated, there is LeafGreen now.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

From what I know, Dan...

Green was a promotional version of the games, not available in stores. Due to it being a Promotional version, it was blessed with gaining a Mew when you collect all 150 Pokemon.

However, Nintendo wanted Mew to be a Nintendo-event Pokemon, so they had Green changed into Pokemon blue and released as a normal game alongside Red, instead of being a promotional game.

People merely insist that Green was no different to Blue, and although that in a way is correct, Green and Blue weren't the same game, just as Red and Yellow aren't the same game (Very minor differences, I mean).

Of course, I could be wrong...

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 04-18-2005, 12:56 PM
hannah potter Offline
Experienced Trainer

so is there a green version or just red and blue?
Old 04-28-2005, 10:58 PM
PKMN Breeder Chris Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to PKMN Breeder Chris

There is a green. My dads friend somehow got me a copy of it.
I couldn't get any farther than Ceruleun city though, since it's all Japanese
I knew where to go and stuff, but it was too hard not knowing what moves the mons had.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:53 PM
hannah potter Offline
Experienced Trainer

Red face Re: green

can you understand it then?
Old 04-30-2005, 03:40 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

Actually, Kamon, I'm certain that you're mistaken. Red and Green Version were released simultaneously in Japan, as the first two pokémon games. However, Green was hardly selling at all, while Red Version was having tremendous success. (As it has been mentioned above, the main reason Green didn't make much money is because many people hate the sprites...I think they're more interesting than ugly, but that's just me)

Anyway, in an effort to rebound from the disaster that was Green Version, Nintendo decided to come out with Blue Version, which sold much better in Japan than Green.

So, when the game were to be translated and released in the US and UK markets, Nintendo made the smart decision to release Red and Blue, and no bother with Green.

I've actually played Green Version, and it is just like Blue version (except for the sprites). The gameplay is identical, and the same pokemon that were catchable in Blue are in Green.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.