Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:14 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default The Cozmos of Dyrk

A teenage girl named Rosalina lives in a normal world. But she soon realizes her life is turning out to be everything BUT normal! Being taken to another galaxy to help save it from the clutches of the evil King Deoxi, and must team up with the somewhat stubborn and mysterious Darkrai, who cannot stand her, and wants to get rid of her. Can Rosalina trust Darkrai? Can she save the kingdom that unites Lumas and Pokemon? As long as the soul chooses its heart, anything is possible.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote:
01 Midnight

“Every soul chooses a heart to occupy. You, my dear, are one unique flower waiting to blossom.” All of a sudden, Rosalina woke up. Breathing heavily, she took a deep sigh, and lay back down on her uncomfortable bed.

All was still in Rosalina’s house. Sometimes, the house creaked here and there from an unknown location in her house made of wood, but it never scared her. It was an old house, and she got used to it. She lived in a plain world. Humans. The Earth. Everything in the news nowadays was about the war in Iraq, whether Barrack Obama or Hilary Clinton was going to win the Democratic nomination, or who was going to win Presidency of the United States; like she cared. She was just a thirteen-year-old girl that had to go to a normal school, have a normal life, have normal parents, have normal chores; everything was normal, and she was used to it. Normal allowance. Normal friends. Normal news. Normal world. Normal life.

Rosalina was small and thin, had pale, white skin, and had long, strait, blond hair. Her eyes were sky blue, and glimmered in the sunshine. She turned over on her spring mattress to look at the alarm clock on her nightstand. It read: “12:09.” It was midnight, and she couldn’t sleep. Her mattress was always so uncomfortable, and the thought of what she was going to do tomorrow was always on her mind. Rarely in a carpe-diem mood, she always worried, and always was scared. But, this wasn’t a bad thing. She was, thanks to that, quick to respond, had lightning-quick reflexes, and always had her blue Helio Ocean cell phone with her. OK, maybe that wasn’t a good thing to carry around in school, but she had all of her friend’s phone numbers, her parent’s phone numbers, and her Aunt Margery’s phone number. She knew that at least one of them would be available. Even at midnight.

She wanted to be just call one of her friends and tell someone how she was feeling. It was kind of awkward. As if someone you’ve never met came up to you and said, “I love you.” But it was kind of different. The feeling inside her wasn’t embarrassment or love, it was irregular and unexplainable. It felt very wrong, yet so right. She got up out of her bed, her blue and white nightgown drooping to the floor. She got a small, red candle, a couple of matches, and thick, black book. She lit the match, put the flickering flame on the candle by touching the wick with the edge of the match, and shook the match out. She carefully put the candle on her wooden nightstand, and opened her book. Her father, using a similar quote Mo said from the book she was reading called Inkheart, always said, “Never light a candle during the middle of the night to read a book. The flame devours its pages.”

She never listened to her father anyway. She only listened when it was of utmost importance. After all, she was thirteen. She could look out for herself during the night, and could easily mind a candle or two, and keep it from burning up a book’s pages, let alone the entire house. As she read, the more information she stored. Having read the book before, she liked to reread books to see if she accidentally skipped, or didn’t understand at first.

Suddenly, Rosalina’s doorknob turned, and someone from the other side of it opened the door. It was a middle-aged woman in a pink nightgown that had pale-white skin like Rosalina, but had gray-colored eyes, and brown hair. Mom.

“Reading a book to candlelight, aren’t we, Ms. Rosalina?” asked her mother. Rosalina nodded contently. She was proud of it. She loved reading books to candlelight, especially when reading a good one with her cinnamon-scented candle.

“Yes. I don’t get why you guys won’t let me read with candles lit. It sets the mood,” Rosalina replied, in a grumpy yet sassy attitude. Mom smiled, closed the door, and sat next to Rosalina on her bed.

“I’ve talked to your father many times, but he doesn’t approve. He thinks you’re too young to mind a few candles,” Mom said, having similar feelings. “You have to start listening to your father, Rosalina. It’s disrespectful.”

“Well, what if I don’t want to be respectful? Even if he was, he wouldn’t treat me with respect,” Rosalina snapped back.

“Rosalina, how could you say such a thing? Your father loves you, and treats you with respect!” Mom pointed out. Rosalina wasn’t listening.

“He won’t let me go to the movies with my friends unless he’s there, he won’t let me go out with the guy at school I like, and he keeps on treating me like I’m a kid!” Rosalina said, raising her voice. Mom put her finger to her mouth, and Rosalina settled down a bit, but was still unhappy.

“That is not disrespect. It’s called being overprotective, as all parents should,” Mom replied. “It keeps us on our toes, because 98% of the time, we’re right.”

“What about the bathroom incident?” Rosalina asked. Mom looked grossed out, and shivered slightly. “And the event in the elevator, and even that thing that happened in the girl’s locker room?”

“OK, OK, maybe not most of the time, but we care for you, and you can never be too careful, especially with the world we live in,” Mom replied. Rosalina sighed, and turned over.

“Well, I don’t want to live in this world,” Rosalina yawned, and fell asleep within a couple minutes. Mom stood up, stretched upwards, went over towards Rosalina, and kissed her forehead, and blew out the candle. She exited the room quietly, and slowly closed the door.
More info will be given at a later date. This story is part of the grand story known as the Fyre Chronicles, and part one of the Twilyght Trilogy. I promise that all future chapters will be longer than this, with exception of one here and there.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Crystal Pikachu Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Crystal Pikachu
Default Re: The Cozmos of Dyrk

Look's awesome, you're grammar is pretty much flawless, and you're description is nice and accurate too, I could picture nearly everything, you just need to try a little bit more to describe surroundings, and you're good to go.

Awards || VPP || URPG

Credit to Sarah for the banner. x3
Old 03-10-2008, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Pikachu View Post
Look's awesome, you're grammar is pretty much flawless, and you're description is nice and accurate too, I could picture nearly everything, you just need to try a little bit more to describe surroundings, and you're good to go.
The thing is that it's in a room that is very dark, as I said in the story. :/

In case (if anyone else is reading) you've read my previous stories in the Fyre Chronicles, the misspellings of the words in the title, Cozmos and Dyrk, are not supposed to be Cosmos and Dark. If you've read my other stories, you know what they are. If not... continue to read.

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 03-21-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:14 AM

It's been a while. Sorry. I've been so busy. >.<

Here you go.

SECOND CHAPTER!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
02 Sunday

Rosalina woke up to a very bright day. All was silent when she woke up. It was very odd. Usually, her brother and sister, who were twins, usually woke her up by their screaming and fighting. Her bed was a majestic purple, and had very soft, lavender sheets. Her carpet was a very light pink, and her walls were solid white. Her room was very small, so she only had a few pieces of furniture in my room. She only had her bed, her white nightstand, and her dusty, old, brown dresser her great-grandmother gave her when she was three. Rosalina sighed, and smiled.

“Thank God it’s Sunday,” she said to herself. She loved Sundays because that was the only day she was allowed to go shopping with her friends without her father breathing on her shoulder. She got up, and turned the silver knob on her door. She opened the door, and as it creaked, she slowly walked down the old hallway, and went into the ornate bathroom. The walls were white, with faint red roses printed across the wall. It was small, like her bedroom, but it was filled with things; soaps from a lot of different countries, towels out the wazoo, a shower-tub, a toilet, many toiletries, a mirror. She grabbed her pink, sparkly brush, and started to brush her long, blond hair. She then turned off the light, left the bathroom, went into her room, shut the door, locked it, and started to get dressed.

When she came out, she was wearing a blue and white striped t-shirt, jeans, two tiny blue topaz earrings, and a pair of blue tennis shoes. She went down the stairs happily, with her cell phone in hand. She went to the virtual phonebook, and selected “JANE”. She put the phone to her ear, and a cheerful voice answered the phone.

“Rosalina? That you?” the voice asked.

“Yes, Jane; it’s me, and I’m waiting!” Rosalina said impatiently. Jane giggled.

“OK. Jack, Ashley, Alex, and I are going to be there in a few moments. M’kay?” Jane asked, making sure Rosalina understood.

“Gotcha. Understood,” Rosalina replied confidently, and hung up. She put her phone in her pocket, and went to the kitchen for breakfast. The kitchen was big, and had tons of counter space. She went to the pantry, and opened the door. Inside, there were snacks, candies, spices, and cereal boxes galore. She grabbed a granola bar with a green wrapper, and took it to a glass table with two, brown chairs, next to a window with white curtains, and white blinds. She opened the wrapper, and started eating the granola bar heartily.

A few minutes later, a man with black hair, a five o’ clock shadow, and brown eyes appeared. He was wearing a white t-shirt, jeans, and socks, and was very skinny. He looked at Rosalina with disappointment.

“How many times have I told you? If you’re going to eat something, eat over a plate. That table was expensive,” he said.

“I’m in a hurry, Dad. My friends are going to be here any minute!” Rosalina said, ignoring her father’s orders. He sighed.

“When are you going to start listening to me?” Dad asked. She got up, threw away the wrapper in a stainless steel trashcan, and shrugged.

“When pigs fly?” Rosalina suggested sarcastically, rolling her eyes. She walked past her father, and looked out the window near the front door. Her friends were pulling up in a red convertible in the front yard. Going upstairs, cursing, she ran to her room, and grabbed her purple purse that had a bunny on it, and ran back downstairs, and out the door.

Outside, her front lawn was massive. It had a large garden, and an even larger open patch of grass. She walked to the red car on the brown stepping-stones that went through the lawn. She walked up to the car, opened the door, and got in. Shutting the door, her friends greeted her with glee. The driver was Jane’s brother, Jack. He was a rather tall, skinny guy with blond, spiky hair, sunglasses, an orange and white stripped t-shirt and jeans. Sitting next to him in shotgun was Jane, who weirdly had purple hair today. She dyed her hair a different color each day, which was weird. She, too, was wearing sunglasses, but wearing a blue, sparkly blouse and, though it was hard to notice from the back seat, her black jeans.

Sitting next to her were Alex and Ashley, who happened to be twins that looked nothing alike. Ashley was very thin, and was wearing a purple t-shirt and brown trousers. Alex, the boy Rosalina happened to have a crush on, was a semi-muscular young man with short blond hair, blue eyes, and was wearing a black t-shirt and dark blue jeans. His favorite subject in school was always gym, and always excelled in that subject. Although, he wasn’t dumb. He was actually very smart, and had all A’s and B’s in each subject. It was finally Summer, and all she wanted to do was have a good time. She would be turning fourteen in a few weeks, and would be going back to school, this time, a High School, in three months. But that was a long time, and Rosalina was now carefree of studies, and wanted to kick back, relax, and, of course, shop for clothes.

Rosalina wasn’t popular, but she was close to it. Jane was the most popular girl in school, but wasn’t a spoiled brat, and had very strong morals. She got her popularity by being generous, donating all she can for the school’s drives, being the best in all subjects, being the school’s spelling bee champion, being the section leader in the band – being a complete superwoman. She was smart, talented, generous, and very well behaved. But, like Rosalina, she was rich. Although, unlike Rosalina, she didn’t have parents. She had her aunt and uncle, and was very happy about it. She never liked her parents.

“All set?” Jane asked. Rosalina nodded.

“Yup. Let’s go!” Rosalina replied happily, and Jack started the car. Then, the wind started to blow through her hair as they left the neighborhood. As they left, Rosalina gaped at the scenery. She always loved seeing the sun high in the sky above the ocean as they drove on. The road was near the edge of a cliff, always had a good view, in Rosalina’s opinion.

The rest of the drive to the mall was peaceful and full of conversation. Even though school was over, gossip still spread like wildfire, one way or another. Rosalina heard the latest news; who’s dating who, all the fights, and, of course, all of the boys. You’d think Alex and Jack would stay out of it, but they loved to hear the latest news about boys; who’s hot and who’s not. Finally, after a few minutes, they got to the mall. The parking lot, to Rosalina’s surprise, was packed. They had a hard time finding a place to park. After a couple minutes, a kind lady who was finished with her shopping backed her car out of her parking spot. Jack quickly parked into that spot, as other crazy drivers who acted like they got their driver’s license at the dollar store.

After struggling to stay alive, they finally got across the parking lot, and got into the massive concrete mall.