Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Dark Lightning Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lightning
Default Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: The Epic Chronicles of Team Legend

Yeah, another Pokémon fic. Except, there's a slight twist - the story is told from the perspective of an ordinary Pokémon - a Riolu. But this action packed, dramatic story tells a lot more than just plain old dungeon exploring.

By my pretties<3
THE FANFIC BROUGHT TO YOU BY DT.

Table of Contents
|Makai and the ultimate fissure rescue|
When Tai discovers that his sister has gone missing, he decides to form a Rescue Team and rescue Pokemon from natural disasters, meeting Makai and Rose along the way.

|Tempest|
What's the best thing to do when a tornado hits and you're a popular rescue team? Who will survive and who will say goodbye to life? Will Tai ever see his sister again?

Characters

Tai:
Born and raised on a mountain, determined Pokemon Tai recently awoke to find out that his sister Pipi has gone missing. He teams up with Makai to help Pokemon in trouble and, hopefully, rescue Pipi. Will he fall victim to doom and die during the storm? Will he ever see his sister again?

Makai:
An experienced Heracross who can be a little stuborn at times. She agrees to assist Tai to rescue Pipi and tackle the Natural Disasters. Just as brave as Tai and lived in a cave beneath the ground, scared when the fissure opened so she gave off a light as a warning to danger. During the events of Chapter Two, she realizes that one member must sacrifice themselves.

Rose:
A confident and pretty Psyduck. She was the first Pokemon to be rescued by Tai. Scared, she feels the need to fight for justice in Tempest.

[images by Arkeis]

===============================================
Prologue: The hour of Non-Serenity

There was nothing that dwelled in the cave that was not enclosed in the vibrant light of the sun. I stretched my limbs as this seemed to assist me to rise from the dirty, damp floor of the mountain cave. I looked around the cave as the rising sun had dispelled the darkness. It was pretty much the same as it always was on a morning – the cave walls were dripping wet and the detailed paintings of ancient civilizations were interesting to read – well, I was the only one that could read it – I am a gifted young Riolu, Tai, with the ability to read any sort of language. I was the adventurous type of Pokémon – almost every day I ventured out to purchase fresh fruit from the market at the foot of the mountain and bring them back up for early snacks, but I'd do this in a James Bond-style. We’d then hunt in the Magma Cavern for breakfast; mother was the best at this as she was a fully grown, mind-blazingly powerful, savage warrior. However, recently she died of a strange illness after she returned from the Tiny Woods to rescue a Caterpie.

It was then that the repulsive terror came to me. I had a sister, Pipi, who meant the world to me. She would cheer me up and was so beautiful, much older than me though. She had crystal eyes that constantly sparkled like faraway stars and the single sight of them would make anyone scream with joy. Her light blue paws were soft on my skin and she always had a great smile on her face; apart from when mother died she was never sad. She always looked out for me. What a sister you could rely on. The terror was that – and I honestly did scream at this, and I never scream – she was gone. Pipi was always there for me when I woke up and always treated my wounds as if she were a nurse. I didn’t know what to do without her – and now she was gone, I didn’t know at all what to do.
===============================================
What will Tai do now? Will he search for Pipi? If so - how will he start?
Stay tuned for Chapter One. Please comment so far. Yeah, it's short, but it's only the first part. *hopes that he gets comments*

Last edited by Dark Lightning; 03-21-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Crystal Pikachu Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Crystal Pikachu
Default Re: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: The Epic Chronicles of Team Legend

Sounds good, DT.

I'll be a reader if you can keep this as interesting as it sounds.

Awards || VPP || URPG

Credit to Sarah for the banner. x3
Old 03-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Team Devastation Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Team Devastation Send a message via MSN to Team Devastation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Pikachu View Post
Sounds good, DT.

I'll be a reader if you can keep this as interesting as it sounds.
Yep DT, hope this turns out as good as RocketMeowth's PMD Fic.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Crystal Pikachu Offline
Elite Trainer

Well, are you going to post or not? Because I can't wait all day/month for this to come. xD

Awards || VPP || URPG

Old 03-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Dark Lightning Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Pikachu View Post
Well, are you going to post or not? Because I can't wait all day/month for this to come. xD
My Internet died.
Ch1 up later, I'll edit this. By the way, fics take some time, I've got a busy life.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Crystal Pikachu Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Thunder View Post
My Internet died.
Ch1 up later, I'll edit this. By the way, fics take some time, I've got a busy life.
Yeah, but this has been up a long time. =/ Chapters should take 1-7 days. Depends on how long they are. :3

Awards || VPP || URPG

Old 03-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Dark Lightning Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

OK, sorry for the delay. Stupid internet being cut off for a whole week...Here it is, at last!

Chapter One: Makai and the ultimate fissure rescue!

>Means Tai’s thoughts<

A thousand thoughts were rushing through my head – should I venture out to find her? Was I to get help? What can I do?

I wasn’t sure to start looking for her right now, because it was a hazardous world out there. She could be anywhere – she could have been kidnapped, or maybe she just left to get something…No. Pipi would have told me.

I tried to stay calm. Sweat was pouring down my face – I’d never been in a more frightening situation. I could have burst into an endless rage as the fire within me was blazing with anger – whoever took Pipi had better prepare for an angry Pokémon fight. So, at that moment, I left my feelings get the better of me and I dashed right out of the cave, steadily gaining momentum as I ran down the mountain, avoiding logs, boulders or anything else that got in my way.

I felt a voice deep inside of me call out ‘Is this what you want?’. I stopped all of a sudden, and then it cried out again. ‘Is this what you want?’.

>Of course it’s what I want!< But then again – what if something wanted me? What if something had set a trap? Was the wisest thing to do really to find her in a fit of rage?

“Help! Please, oh please, help me!” A distant shriek got my attention. At the foot of the mountain I saw a huge fissure that had opened; it spread at least eight miles across. As I carefully walked further, I noticed a beautiful Psyduck girl was holding onto the edge, and a terrible feeling that grew inside of me said she was going to fall.

I wasn’t the only one who was shocked. Many Pokémon had gathered round, and were gasping at the sight.

>Why isn’t anyone helping? There’s a massive fissure that has spilt open the ground, and nobody is bothering to help? Can’t someone in that crowd be bothered?<

I continued to dart toward the situation. When I arrived (I went around and into the crowd) I asked a Beautifly to tell me if she saw anything.

“I was with her when it happened. We were walking away from the market when a massive earthquake shook the ground violently. I was knocked out of the sky but luckily I was able to scuttle away. When I turned around, there she was. It happened so quickly.”

“Why didn’t you help?” I shouted. At first I was sorry for what I had just said, but at least the dark flames inside of me had come out. After the ten-minute silence she spoke.

“A Kangaskhan was about to grab her, but, you know that we’ve been having strong
winds lately?”

>You got that right.<

Hurricanes where in deed occurring everywhere. They were strong, but they haven’t happened for two weeks now. So why did she mention it?

“Yeah,” she said, “there haven’t been many lately, but it blew Kangaskhan right off her feet! She tumbled into the depths of the fissure. Now everyone’s afraid of even getting close to it.”

I was pretty scared at this point, too. But I was brave, nonetheless – so I darted straight towards the Psyduck. She had striking blond air that shone in the sunlight, and a daisy in her hair. She smiled at my presence.

“OK, I’m going to get you out of there, alright? Whatever you do, just don’t scream. I hate that.”

It was as if she couldn’t talk. She nodded, but didn’t say a word. It was pretty spooky the way she firstly looked at me, but I didn’t mind that much. I gave her my hand, which she grabbed. The Psyduck was light for her looks – I could lift her no problem. I was about to throw her onto the damp ground when I felt an intense breeze tickle my face. I gulped – there was a wind coming. The next thing I knew I was cascading down the depths of the fissure with the Psyduck – people gasping above.

I awakened in the depths of the pit. It was dark, no doubt, but there was strangely one light coming from a tunnel that was keeping me seeing the pit. I got up, but my legs were stinging from the fall – it was an intense drop. I could see that Psyduck was getting up, too, but slower than me. I felt that she took more damage than me. As I assisted her she threw her arms into mine, still not spilling out a word. A small light was coming from the end of a tunnel to the north – a light that was very bight, a light which hurt the eyes of those who looked at it for too long.

“We obviously fell,” I said to her calmly, “but we’ll find a way out. No wonder people were scared. For now, lets follow that light, because I think it’ll lead somewhere. Maybe to the exit…”

The more we walked in the tunnel, the brighter the light grew. I tried not to look – I slopped on, closing my eyes and covering Psyduck’s.

“Do you have a name?” A question I asked that I didn’t think would be answered. But I thought wrong…

“My name is Rose. Rose Matypus.”

>At least I got an answer this time.<

“OK, Rose…do you have a family? Sorry for the personal questions.”

“A mother, and that’s it. My father left to join a war and e never came back. He’s been gone for twenty five years. I was one week old when he ventured out into the unknown. Anyway, that’s enough about him – what about you? Mr…”

“…Tai.” I quickly answered. “I had a mother and a sister. I never had a father – mother caught a disease that created firstly my sister, Pipi, and then, years later, me. It was an incurable disease – but it wasn’t dangerous. She died a year ago, and as for my sister, I woke up and she vanished. She wasn’t there to greet me.”

“You mean,” Rose gasped, “that she just vanished out of thin air? Could something like that actually happen?”

“I’m not sure, but I suspect she was kidnapped.”

Suddenly the blazing light started to fade. It became dimmer, and as it did me and Rose were able to see it dying. We started to run as fast as we could – we were pretty exhausted when we reached it. We were in a normal cave, and we noticed that the light came from a Heracross’ abdomen. When I walked up to it, I noticed that it was singing a song. A song I had never heard before.

“Excuse me?” I tried communicating with it.

“Hey!” It spun around and stormed. “You interrupted my song! Ah, no matter – I’m Makai, pronounced Mak-eye. I’m a she, and she’s pleased to meet you.”

“Uh…OK, fair enough, Makai. Now, do you know how to get out of here? We fell down a fissure, and we found a bright light, and then we found you here.”

“I know where you are,” she said politely, “give me your name, boy.”

“It’s Tai…”

“Tai then, how’s your fighting spirit now?”

“Um, well…” I began worriedly, “I guess I’m good. You want a fight?”

“Sure,” Makai replied, “if you win, I’ll take you back to the surface and help you with anything you want. But if I win, you have to be my slave and wait three days before challenging me again.”

At first I thought this was risky. If I’d loose, me and Rose would be suck down here for three days before challenging again. But, I challenged anyway.

“You’re on!”

We had moved to a giant place now, it was as if it where a battlefield. Me and Makai stood opposite each other as Rose blew as whistle to start the battle.

Makai moved first. Her horn became bright lime in colour and sparks flew. She charged right at me, and the next thing I knew I was soaring high into the air. My stomach was stinging madly – Megahorn was a rough attack. I landed hard – the pain was really hurting me. But I certainly wasn’t defeated – it was time to put the moves that Pipi taught me to the test.

In intense rage I darted straight towards Makai so fast that she didn’t know what hit her at first. I saw her fly into the wall and the attack certainly looked painful.

>That’s got to hurt! Mega Punch really does inflict a nice amount of damage.<

But my minute of victory was short-lived. Before I could assume I had won Makai got up, groaning at the pain she had suffered.

“I’m certainly not the giving-up type, so this may be a pushy fight. It’s now my turn to deal some damage!”

Makai charged at me furiously. Maybe this was her way to intimidate her opponents? She was brave, I’ll give her that, but I was braver! Her first turned bright pink and she flew it around my head, but I had just enough agility to dodge. She was, at first, stunned that I had dodged, which gave me time to unleash my next move.

“Watch out for Reversal!” I screeched as my bones grew suddenly stronger. I felt like an immense tower of strength, and I grinned as this would be one powerful move.

I was enveloped in a mystic pink veil which hid me and extended from one end of the battlefield to the other. Makai was struggling to find and jump to the places which hadn’t fallen to the mist – there weren’t many, and these places were steadily being taken over. She was frantically searching everywhere for me as I could pounce at any moment.

Makai was about to sigh with relief as I wasn’t anywhere to be seen. But I then pounced, punching her violently in the head. Golden sparks of energy flew from where the attack was dealt.

“Aaaa, no!” came a shriek from the depths of the mist. It finally cleared up after the cries stopped. Makai was weeping and rolling on the floor.

“Sob…You’re too strong! Ugh, sob…OK, I’ll take…you back.”

“And assist me in my quest!” I rudely interrupted.

“If we grow to like each other,” she replied, “then yes. What quest do you need to accomplish?”

“My sister, Pipi – I awoke from my slumber and she’s just vanished. I was unsure of what to do at first – but now I know. I need your help!”

Makai looked at me for a while. She sighed.

“Fine. Also, wouldn’t it be a good idea to form a rescue team to rescue Pokémon suffering the disasters? That’s my goal.”

I thought about this at first. I probably would find her if I started one, plus, saving Pokémon all around the world wouldn’t be such a bad idea. I was lost in thought for too long, and Makai grew inpatient.

“Hello?”

“Oh, uh,” I snapped out of the trance, “yes! Yes, we should form a team. What should we call ourselves?”

That was when Rose jumped with joy.

“I want to help, please? I want to be a member of the Rescue Team.”

Makai turned to look at her. She couldn’t resist saying yes.

“I always thought about calling ourselves ‘Legend.’ Yeah, Team legend! Catchy, don’t you think?” She spoke to me.

“Legend…Yes, that is catchy!”

Before I knew it, we were all at the surface. Obviously Makai had flown with us up here. Cameras and cheering people were there to greet us.

Last edited by Dark Lightning; 03-21-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Crystal Pikachu Offline
Elite Trainer

Nice. :) Glad to see you were smart and used Microsoft word. :O Just remember to be accurate and vivid when it comes to description.

Awards || VPP || URPG

Old 03-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Kakuzu Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Kakuzu Send a message via MSN to Kakuzu Send a message via Yahoo to Kakuzu

Hm.

I saw one or two typos, but beyond that, your writing is grammatically perfect. The writing itself was difficult to follow at one or two points, but it was vivid enough for me to understand the character's actions, background, etc. When typing, you appear to describe the individual characters more often than the scenery. For example, you described Tai's actions and feelings in paragraphs whilst leaving out his surroundings, such as the caves, the battlefield, etc. What was it like? Flat? Rocky? How large was it? What was the air like beneath the ground? Elaboration. Other than that, I enjoyed it. I hope to see more from you in the future. (Also, be honored that this is my first post. =D)
Old 03-16-2008, 06:07 PM
iChaos Offline

Best story I had ever read. That was so awesome when you battled with 'Makai' its so hot.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Dark Lightning Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Thanks to all above comments. ^^ And thanks, Tyson, thanks for giving me more confidence. This chapter may be short, but it is interesting...and a little emotional. Rate this thread and enjoy!

Chapter Two: Tempest

>Means Tai’s thoughts<
Notice: This text contains moderate language and horror.

The icy winds affected the entire land. Snow fell and blizzards had struck, just when I thought it couldn’t possibly get worse. I clenched my bleeding arm and looked up into the frosty sky. The snow was dancing through the air at its own pace. At least it was more peaceful than before – the blizzards just didn’t seem to stop.

24 months ago I formed a rescue team called Team Legend. We instantly became popular; on the same day I also lost my sister. Hey, two years from then and I still haven’t heard a ******* word from her. I was friends with a Heracross, Makai, and a Psyduck, Rose, and we found that life wasn’t easy being a Rescue Team. Then came the tornadoes…

June 19th. We had just rescued Rose, the Psyduck, and she wanted to join our team. We went on about twelve missions until Makai’s brother demanded us to watch the news in a local shop.

“We have just received evidence,” the Growlithe reporter began in a crop field, “that massive tornadoes are striking the country. Even before they make an actual appearance, natural disasters are still worsening…” as she spoke, the clouds in the distance formed to make a massive swirling column of death, then getting nearer. Thousands of objects were sent flying into the air and as Growlithe was about to speak a massive billboard hit and sent her flying. The cameraman expressed his intense feeling of the situation and ran.

“Oh my…” Rose began, “we should do something!”

“Like what? It’s coming for us! We have to get out of town!”

“How can we get out of Kroponneia? It’s the only place we call home!” Makai shouted.

“Unless we all want to die, I suggest we bloody well get out!”

Makai looked stunned. There was about a five minute silence. She and Rose walked over to the door.

>What the…<

“What the hell are you doing?” I stormed. I didn’t seem to hear a reply at first, but I managed to get one before Makai followed Rose out of the door.

“We’re going to help those Pokémon from the natural disasters and get them out before the tempest hits us.”

And I let them slide out of the door; I let them walk out of my life forever.

The bitter air was so intense I felt like running back in the shop. I was not too far away from it, looking for Rose and Makai as they had been gone for eight hours.

“Damn…Where are you? Rose! Makai!” I shouted worriedly. I looked up into the sky – it was filled with dusty grey clouds that looked sinister. I felt for a moment that the tornado was nearing Kroponneia even more now, and that it had already hit where Rose and Makai had went. A terrifying lighting went through my body and chilled my spine; it forced me to look up and I saw the most amazing thing I had ever seen in my entire life. There was a massive tornado in the distance, but I could still see it clearly from on top of the hill on which I stood. It devoured the shop in rage and bellowed a vicious roar that sent me soaring into the air. The next thing I knew I was running away from the roaring and sound of death behind me. It was as if my life was somehow closing in on me.

“Bloody hell…Uh…” I screamed as I ran for my life. I knew that about twenty people were joining me in running down the hill. It suddenly grew steeper, as my feet told me. I was struggling to run as it did get steeper and I spontaneously collapsed and rolled down like a Pokémon falling off a motorbike which they drove at 100mph. I was falling so fast I struggle to still remember what actually happened. But I knew that the tornado was coming closer and that it would destroy everything in its path. We were supposed to be a rescue team, but I realized that this was no dream, and that my team-mates were in real danger. That was when I hit the rock head first. I heard screaming in the distance and woke up to find the tornado right behind me.

“N-No!” I cried as I staggered up, but the grievance held me back. I couldn’t feel my head properly; it was as if it were extremely numb. It felt horrible; I couldn’t do anything to stop the pain. Then my eyes started to burn. All this happened as the tornado crept up behind me.

“TAI! No!” came a scream from the sky. I looked up, eyes still burning, and noticed Makai flying with Rose on her back.

“A little help here!” I screamed with my eyes closed. The burning was still torching. Then I felt myself being lifted into the air, and the pain went away. I opened my eyes and looked down and saw that we were in the tornado. Makai was flying us, alright, I was holding onto Rose’s hand, but the female Heracross was struggling to hold us all in the air.

“Don’t let GO!” I screamed as if we were definitely going to die. Dust and papers and rocks were flying in the intense doom vortex; some of which were causing damage to Makai. She dropped lower a bit, but I screamed out encouragement. She nodded, but the storm was getting much worse. Rose’s hands were sweating and I felt as if I would fall to my death. But I still had hope.

Makai tried to steer us out, but it seemed as if the tornado was expanding. I didn’t know where we were, or what kind of force was keeping us alive, but I knew it would soon be over.

Then Makai and I stared at each other in horror.

“There is a chance we can get out of this tornado,” Makai said, “but someone will have to jump. I can’t carry this weight…it’s either one person or all of us. It’s either Tai or Rose…” she sobbed.

“No,” I began to grow tears in my eyes, “…no!”

Rose also began to sob. Then the two girls stared at me with tears running down their faces. I only did one thing; cry even more.

Last edited by Dark Lightning; 03-21-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:03 PM
haracross99 Offline

pretty awesome
Old 03-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Dark Lightning Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Thank you.
I will only continue when I get comments, please!