Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 07-24-2006, 07:46 AM
Ierdar Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ierdar Send a message via MSN to Ierdar Send a message via Yahoo to Ierdar
Default Re: Pokemon MMORPG Project- Ekaiyo Online

Haha, Missingno. That's awesome. =P
Old 07-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Man_of_Pika Offline
New Trainer

Hmmm... I don't know why but the Ekaiyo forums aren't working for me... are they down , or is it just my computer? Or did you ban Pikafreak?
Old 07-25-2006, 10:20 AM
ManTis Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to ManTis

they are down from time to time for maintenance, please bare with us. refresh till it's up ;)

My project: Ekaiyo Online
Old 07-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt

It's about time you brought us something new dude.
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:03 PM
guthex Offline

Angry Re: Pokemon MMORPG Project- Ekaiyo Online

for some reason the pokemon your showing are just a X in a box
Old 08-03-2006, 05:34 PM
InvertrevnI Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to InvertrevnI Send a message via MSN to InvertrevnI

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthex View Post
for some reason the pokemon your showing are just a X in a box
It's your damn computer, obviously. Maybe you're blocking the image from that server or something.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Wow, I can't believe this thread is alive again XD. Though I'm glad to see it is, because I can't wait for this thing to be up and running.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-05-2006, 01:20 PM
wally4eva Offline
Master Trainer

Is the game working now, i bookmarked it but it wasnt finished, is it finished now?
Old 10-22-2006, 02:58 AM
Sipheria Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Sipheria

hey, it's ManTis! I didn't expect to see you here! (this guy is workin his *** off) I'm Sipheria on the forums, and I can help with music.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:50 PM
ManTis Offline
Amateur Trainer

Hello everybody,

As you probably noticed, for last couple of weeks, or even months (since GDC London) project has been pretty quiet, well... dead.
It's time to face it - Ekaiyo in the form that was developed cannot exist. People broke off from the project: they started appearing less frequently or even disappeared totally. Yes, it was mainly my (ManTis) fault. I required lots from everybody, but when I had faced real life, I couldn't keep up, everything was always 'soon to be done'. I made couple mistakes with the project: I didn't plan sensibly, I wasn't overseeing everything, I didn't have any real schedule, lack of time due to trying to get that job that was supposed to actually keep Ekaiyo running, and most of all - when started the project, I had not even close to enough experience to make a working MMORPG. This all said, the Ekaiyo as we know it has come to an end. There was no other option, even though we gave it our best.

I haven't seen JB in days, Wishy is mostly idling, Theo jumps in and out only once in a while. Only other person apart from me still going online every day to talk about game development is moomoo. We had very long talk and decided that it's time to face the truth. We cannot keep updating you with 'wait just a sec, hold on', because eventually both you and us will become tired of this. In no way we can resume working on Ekaiyo sooner than February next year (after my interview with Germans). So - even though this is one of the hardest decisions I made in life, the project is on indefinite hold.

Keep in mind that it's only our decision, and we did NOT receive any pressure from Nintendo.

However, there are few more things that you might want to know.

First - me and moomoo started z00t Theater and we aren't going to give up on it. Even if it's back to us two, we'll work on games. My!Planet 3 is being developed every night now, I sleep ~4 hours/day, reading books about advanced topics and learning more and more about programming. We want to do this game completely, from beginning to end, and have it fully polished before starting on anything else again. We need something that we lack now - certainty that we can start and finish a project we aim at.

Second is that if M!P3 is finished, it may be the time that we decide we gained enough momentum to resume working on MMORPG. Cause we aren't giving up on Ekaiyo, not now, not ever. We gained lots of experience through these two years, and we did quite a lot of good work. If we will be confident that we fully understand what we're undertaking, we'll do it. We won't 'try making mmorpg' again. There is no try, to quote certain small, green-skinned smart guy. We still have got the models, code, and ideas you and we had for this game, and we'll certainly work with them when we'll return. I won't lie to you, we might resume working on Ekaiyo in February, but we might as well resume it in two years, and you have to understand that. We certainly won't jump into it with such ease, and we understand if you won't be enthusiastic anymore, but that's how things will go.

We'd like to thank you for all the energy you spent on this project and sharing our dreams. We'd also like to apologize that we couldn't give you the final project just yet, it's truly devastating to feel that we failed such awesome community. Maybe one day, even if you won't be frequenting our sites anymore, you'll see somebody talking about 'pokemon mmorpg'. Check it out. Maybe it isn't us, but if it is, maybe we have already released some playable version.

This is what we'd like to wish you and ourselves,
ManTis & moomoo
The z00t Theater team.

Man, I feel like crying like a little baby. I'm putting away not just a game, I'm putting away my child, my dream.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Focal Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Focal Send a message via AIM to Focal Send a message via MSN to Focal Send a message via Yahoo to Focal Send a message via Skype™ to Focal

That's really too bad to hear ManTis :( I was following the images you posted here, and couldn't wait until I got a new pc and I was seriously hoping it to turn into a demo soon. I hope you eventually continue it, don't forget you always have fans here at PE2K ;)

my gift is my song and this one is for you + don't look down, it's only love that we're falling in
all the way to your very last breath, I'll be around 'till we're parted by Death + sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Old 05-09-2007, 09:25 PM
crystal_lucario Offline
New Trainer

I was looking forward to it
Old 05-22-2007, 08:42 AM
ManTis Offline
Amateur Trainer

http://z00ttheater.livejournal.com/32661.html#comments

Well, just thought you'd like to know. :)

Old 05-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Focal Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Focal Send a message via AIM to Focal Send a message via MSN to Focal Send a message via Yahoo to Focal Send a message via Skype™ to Focal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManTis View Post
http://z00ttheater.livejournal.com/32661.html#comments

Well, just thought you'd like to know. :)
Alright! :D Any idea if there'll be a demo soon? ^^"
Glad to see it back up ^^

my gift is my song and this one is for you + don't look down, it's only love that we're falling in
all the way to your very last breath, I'll be around 'till we're parted by Death + sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Old 08-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Kirethidae Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kirethidae Send a message via MSN to Kirethidae
Talking Re: Pokemon MMORPG Project- Ekaiyo Online

So when is this going to be done?