Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Intro Boards Ľ PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

View Poll Results: Mods?
We need more Mods 15 75.00%
We don't need more Mods 5 25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 07:41 PM
King Zark Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to King Zark Send a message via MSN to King Zark Send a message via Yahoo to King Zark
Default Re: [PE2K] Petition

We need more mods to cover the mods that are inactive there are a couple Koolcurtis was one until he left.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:45 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

First of all Curtis was an active mod until work took him over.

Second, Curtis never officialy left.

Third, Curtis isn't a mod anymore.

I think you guys just need to calm down. I don't see how a petition is gonna work. The only thing it's going to do is piss Ryan off.

This suit is black not.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Dust N' Bones Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dust N' Bones Send a message via MSN to Dust N' Bones Send a message via Yahoo to Dust N' Bones

It's not the fact that we don't have enough mods, it's that the mods we have do crap-all and are useless. There's only a few mods I've seen who actually bother to do their job around the forum. Besides, I think you people are just getting your hopes up in that if Ryan hires more Gmods, you might have a chance becoming one. Too bad that won't happen. Frankly, this is just a waste of time since Ryan won't do anything whichever way the poll goes.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
I think you guys just need to calm down. I don't see how a petition is gonna work. The only thing it's going to do is piss Ryan off.
It'll piss him of less than a strike.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 06-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Umbreon Shadow Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

i voted yes because, later there will be more members and everything will be in chaos and some boards need mods

~ [VPP - Luxray - Finished @ 2484] ~

~ [ VPP Stats | URPG Stats | Coordinator Stats ] ~
Old 06-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Incongruity Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Incongruity Send a message via MSN to Incongruity Send a message via Yahoo to Incongruity

I think you guys should stop saying, "oh, ryan will do this," or "ryan will do that"

I don't think he'll simply ignore what we have to say. The entire point of a feedback board is to.... surprise! provide feedback

If enough members complain and whine, or "protest", then I'm sure atleast he'll think about it.

and then he'll decide not to make more mods.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

Thank you Ssk, those are some wise words, from an unwise man , but meh, you are right here. I tried to tell them that Ryan won't...well...ignore them =\ and he will definatly consider this when he sees this is...serious...

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Old 06-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Okay, for one thing, I was about to post in the other thread before it was locked, hence if youíve been wondering why Iím here and havenít said anything, thatís pretty much why.

First off, petitions donít work. Ryan will never create mods through force, I can guarantee that. The forum is his, and we are its members. Whether or not we feel the forum needs moderators or not is very unlikely to have any impact on Ryanís final decision.

Secondly, and most importantly, I would like you to stop for a moment and consider that Tamer San, JohtoTrainer, and Raddsteath were just given a moderator position this morning. OBVIOUSLY RYAN IS ALREADY CONSIDERING THIS SITUATION!!! Like always, usually Ryan carefully considers who he decides to moderate, and chances are heís going about this process right now as we speak. He hasnít made an announcement regarding the new moderators either, so perhaps he isnít done with the process for all we know. I was nearly pulling my hair out when I saw that protest thread. You guys just couldnít wait another 24 hours before you decided to make that, could you? Iíd hate to say it, but those who were involved with its creation may have just cost themselves a possible moderator position seeing how Ryan is currently giving it consideration. Chances are quite good heís not going to look very highly upon that protest thread once he finds it.

And yet, even when you obviously saw Tamer, JT, and Dap get modded, never once did any of you consider that perhaps Ryan is still thinking and working on who else could be a possible moderator for the other sections. ThatÖ is something I still donít understandÖ

Give it time and be patient for crying out loud!

Old 06-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

Not to be mean but how are we sappose to know when Ryan is considering about making Mods. We have no idea when he's going to make them we don't talk to him all the time and were not a Mod like you are.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:54 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

You can't just assume Ryan is wrong because you don't know the situation. Granted, you don't know that Ryan's doing stuff, but that doesn't mean you're gonna go around yelling for more mods out of the blue. Otherwise the forum would become a screamfest. Edit: On the counterpoint, how do you know Ryan ISN'T thinking about modding more people before you guys started screaming?

As well more mods isn't a big deal, like X said, it's that we need mods who do their part. And members too. Like I said in the other thread, mods aren't god. They don't know everything in every thread, even if they want to. They can and will miss threads. You as a member have the responsibility to assist mods in their work by reporting posts that you think are out of line. Mods who have power in that forum will be notified via Email right away. Believe it or not, I did get a bunch of emails when people are finding posts that are out of line but were not dealt with, and I dealt with it.

Bottom line, stop screaming for mods. For all you know everyone here will die by tomorrow and there'd be no need for new mods to mod maybe 4 members at the forum. A wait and see game is a much better idea.

And if you guys really want new mods, how bout this? Remod me, and that be the end of it ;x
Old 06-06-2005, 09:07 PM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal

Well I for one want this forum to be one of the best there is, we need mods and we need them badly, espically for the Pokemon boards. Latlely we have gotten a lot of new members who don't know where everything is and they are posting things in the wrong places. Put since g-mods can't see every that's why we need separate boards mods.

So in the end if we can muster up some decent mods who know there things in the section they are good in I think we can work all of this out.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

I agree with VT here, Specialization leads to perfection, while Generalization could lead to...well...inperfection =\

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Old 06-06-2005, 09:18 PM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal

And before you all go blaming me on the strike idea it wasn't mine at all. I was brought to my attetion to by Paperfairy and I just agreed to him that we needed mods despreatly.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:25 PM
TMTS Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to TMTS Send a message via Yahoo to TMTS

Some more mods would be nice, but I'm not forcing anything. I just want the idea to be thrown into concideration.

Only thing I really have to suggust is a WAR board for all the "official" stuff... err.... no, nevermind.

I don't think a strike would help any whatsoever... it'd be a waste of time. Protest? What's there to protest? I'm just up for the idea to be considered.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:25 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu
Okay, for one thing, I was about to post in the other thread before it was locked, hence if youíve been wondering why Iím here and havenít said anything, thatís pretty much why.

First off, petitions donít work. Ryan will never create mods through force, I can guarantee that. The forum is his, and we are its members. Whether or not we feel the forum needs moderators or not is very unlikely to have any impact on Ryanís final decision.

Secondly, and most importantly, I would like you to stop for a moment and consider that Tamer San, JohtoTrainer, and Raddsteath were just given a moderator position this morning. OBVIOUSLY RYAN IS ALREADY CONSIDERING THIS SITUATION!!! Like always, usually Ryan carefully considers who he decides to moderate, and chances are heís going about this process right now as we speak. He hasnít made an announcement regarding the new moderators either, so perhaps he isnít done with the process for all we know. I was nearly pulling my hair out when I saw that protest thread. You guys just couldnít wait another 24 hours before you decided to make that, could you? Iíd hate to say it, but those who were involved with its creation may have just cost themselves a possible moderator position seeing how Ryan is currently giving it consideration. Chances are quite good heís not going to look very highly upon that protest thread once he finds it.

And yet, even when you obviously saw Tamer, JT, and Dap get modded, never once did any of you consider that perhaps Ryan is still thinking and working on who else could be a possible moderator for the other sections. ThatÖ is something I still donít understandÖ

Give it time and be patient for crying out loud!
Hey, could you calm it down a bit Neo? Please consider the following things before you go any further.

- One of the people who were MODDED started this thread

- I found about them being modded AFTER I thought this up.

Also, Ryan didn't mod those three- Jack did. He told Ryan to mod them, and poof he did. Ryan has NOTHING to do with the UPRG- its all Jack.

And to everyone else- I'm not trying to piss Ryan off, just bring something to his attention. I will admit that the strike WAS a bit outrageous- and we should've thought it over more. I don't see how members signing a petition could POSSIBLY piss someone off- its just members voting.

-PF

Thoughts:

-PF

Thoughts:

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Closed Thread