Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

View Poll Results: McCain or Obama?
McCain all the way! 19 30.16%
Obama for the Win! 30 47.62%
Don't Care. 9 14.29%
Sorry, not my Country. 5 7.94%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar
Default Re: Who do you support? McCain vs. Obama

So, this is what? The third election in a row where we have had to choose the lesser of two evils? We chose wrong the last two times, and the saddest part was we voted the same idiot in twice. Lawl. Anyway, let's get on topic. I personally wouldn't vote for either of them.

McCaine is a rather large hypocrite. His attacks towards Barack Obama and his lack of experience at least had some ground underneath them, but then as his running mate he chooses Sara Palin. Let's take a closer look at Sara Palin shall we? She was governor of Alaska for a little over a year, and that's not saying much. When you govern Alaska, you're in control of like, 13 people at 500 Elk. Talk about inexperienced.

Now, for Obama I will agree that he is inexperienced to a degree, and I disagree with some of his policies. The main being that Obama seems to think that with 'hope' you can get something for nothing. Alright, I will 'hope' that I can receive a check in the mail for a large sum of money, does that mean I'm going to get it? No. You can't just have 'hope', you need to have actions. And right now with our current little standoff against Russia (That hopefully Bush won't screw up and escalate), I'd like to have someone in office with experience.

Both have pros, but if I focused on those I would just look like I am 'Pro McCaine' or 'Pro Obama', which I am neither.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Scourge of Amaranth Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scourge of Amaranth

Obama reaches for the stars--the speach of his that people were hailing as the 'New I Have a Dream' was ridiculously unrealistic as far as America's economy/choice/people go. I snickered all the way through it.

When asked... something along the lines of... something (I can't recall, so this will carry little weight), Obama replied with an evasive, shallow answer that had to do with helping the country. McCain talked about his time as a prisoner of war... but, of course, he's using the torture story as leverage to get votes. :/

As someone before me said, we're being forced to choose between the lesser of two evils... although... both of them are about equally evil in different ways... so we're really being forced to choose between an incompetent and a semi-competent evil.

The American judicial, executive, and legislative systems are corrupt. The end.

~IGC t DM+

EmBreon is the maple syrup to my slightly undercooked crepe
{URPG Stats}--{ASB Stats}--{Fanfiction}
khajmer = biffle
yoface = broham

thegalleonman: (8:37:28 PM) How sad.
thegalleonman: (8:37:37 PM) I'm amused.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Skottles Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Skottles

I say Obama because McCain is too much like Bush
Old 09-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Well, when Obama chose Biden that sold it for me. I would rather have Biden be our president because he is a genius. He knows politics, he knows how to reach across party lines, and he knows the people. Obama is just a buncha charisma with a little bit of experience. When McCain picked Palin, I lost all hope for him. He's taking a chance and he's gonna get the tail end of it in a few weeks.

George W. Bush '08!
Old 09-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Apocrypha Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Apocrypha

I have to agree that they are both really bad candidates. For instance, Obama has to put the words hope or change in every other sentence, while McCain's policies on Iraq displease me. The candidate I would choose:

Chuck Norris!

^ Epic banner made by Anastasia-R ^
Old 09-06-2008, 04:54 PM
CrazyTrainer Offline

Obama has this in the bag.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Caraa Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caraa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudkipboi View Post
I have to go with Obama very strongly. We can't have another Republican in the White House. Another thing about McCain, he may be expirienced, but he is also very old. He's like, what, 72? What if he died in office? What would happen then? Sarah Palin being President? I don't think so.
What's wrong with Sarah Palin being president? She's the best choice if McCain died in office. In fact, I think she's better then McCain and Obama.

@Grevious is king: Yes. How do we know Obama's not going to end up being a sith lord and Force Choke/Lightning everybody? ((XD))
Old 09-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Apocrypha Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Apocrypha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caraa View Post
What's wrong with Sarah Palin being president? She's the best choice if McCain died in office. In fact, I think she's better then McCain and Obama.
Your probably saying that because your a girl.

I think the Pope looks more like Palpatine amirite?

^ Epic banner made by Anastasia-R ^
Old 09-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:

@Grevious is king: Yes. How do we know Obama's not going to end up being a sith lord and Force Choke/Lightning everybody? ((XD))
Ah yes, an inexperienced governor from a state which holds very little importance to the way that this country runs would make a great president. I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt, Alaska is the only state that she could govern.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Caraa Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caraa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiikari View Post
Ah yes, an inexperienced governor from a state which holds very little importance to the way that this country runs would make a great president. I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt, Alaska is the only state that she could govern.
Was that sexist? Have you even seen any of the speeches she has given?
Old 09-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
Was that sexist? Have you even seen any of the speeches she has given?
No, it's not sexist. It's that she has less experience than Obama and McCain, and that since Alaska holds very little importance to this nation, it's the only state she would be able to govern because of her inexperience. Anyone can give a good speech, you can't just judge someone on how good they can speak.

She or anyone with her amount of experience wouldn't last 2 months trying to govern Virginia, California, Florida, ect.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
Well, Bill Clinton was inexperienced. He fixed the economy. Looks like Obama can get us out of this ditch we are in. And guess what? My step dad is in the Military. He's voting for McCain purely for the raise he gets. Plus, he's Republican. Pro-Military saps.
All very true.

Although Sarah Palin does benefit McCain More I'm still pending on who I side with. But I'm leaning more towards Obama.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 09-06-2008, 06:49 PM
RPGBoss Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RPGBoss Send a message via MSN to RPGBoss Send a message via Yahoo to RPGBoss Send a message via Skype™ to RPGBoss

I am a Republican myself..but for this election I am leaning more towards Obama because we need to take a risk and accept someone that comes from a different background...in his case his Muslim tendenies and/or the color of his skin.

I think it will be interesting to see someone different take charge of the USA to see what things change. He also seems to care about the environment so that way we can finally start working on BIofuels and Solar Energy.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:
If that ever happens, you can kiss your reproductive rights goodbye.

Obama for me. McCain's terrible VP choice sealed the deal for me.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Both of them would make horrible presidents in my opinion.

I think Obama is a little better, but not by much.