Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:14 AM
Atomisk Offline
New Trainer

Lightbulb Best OU Team Ever!

OK we've been at this thing for about a week now. Let's keep up the posts. :) Yeah!

Salamence@ Choice Scarf
Adamant Attack 232/ Sp Attack 24/ Spe 252
Draco Meteor
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast

Scarf Mence Lead: Ok. So i took into account a few things and thought it best to start the game with a little bit more punch. So Salamence will start over Hippo and basically Outrage the crap out of my opponents pokemon and switch out. took out DDance and added Draco Meteor for to make him a better revenge killer after his initial flury.

Swampert@ Leftovers
Relaxed Hp 240/ Def 216/ Sp Atk 52
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Surf
Roar

Mixpert: Took out Skarm and added this guy. Should help me deal with Scarf Heatran and solves my Special Wall problem. He also acts as a Phazer, which is nice.

Bronzong@ Leftovers
Sassy HP 252/ Atk 86/ Def 80/ Sp Def 92
IV Spe 0
Gyro Ball
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Explosion

Stadard Wall Bronzong: Replace Hippo. Hopefully he will wall my guys' counters pretty well. Thinking about running Heatproof over Levitate to mess with poeple. Most everyone expects Levitate so they might not hit me with an Earthquake anyway and Heatproof makes Bronzong a good ChoiceRan counter.

Scizor@ Choice Band
Adamant HP 176/ Atk 100/ Sp Def 176/ Spe 56
Bullet Punch
Pursuit
Brick Break
U- Turn

Trap Scizor: Scizor is quite the beast. He fits well with this team and is super hard to kill with U- Turn. If i suspect a Fire attack I can U- Turn to Salamence, if I see a fellow steel i can brick break, if they want to switch I can Pursuit, and if they're faster, I can Bullet Punch with Technician and STAB.

Lucario@ Life Orb
Jolly Atk 252/ Def 4/ Spe 252
Close Combat
Extreme Speed
Swords Dance
Crunch

Swords Dance Lucario: This set beast in this team. I'll let the numbers speak for him. This is after one Swords Dance and an adamant nature.
Damage Calculations
Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Skarmory 84.4% - 99.7%
Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Bronzong: 95.2% - 100% (67% chance to OHKO)
Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Hippowdon: 75.7% - 89.3%
Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Forretress: 79.7% - 93.8%
Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Donphan: 82.0% - 96.9%
Crunch vs. max HP / Def Cresselia: 63.5% - 74.8%
Crunch vs. max HP Cresselia: 85.1% - 100% (2.6% chance to OHKO)
Crunch vs. max HP / Def Dusknoir: 88.4% - 100% (21% chance to OHKO)
Crunch vs. max HP / Def Celebi: 78.7% - 93.1%
Crunch vs. max HP / Def Rotom - Appliance: 100.0%
But I run a Jolly Lucario. That's were Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Sanstorm come in. Anything that Lucario can't kill off by himself this extra stuff will take care of.

Gengar@ Black Sludge
Timid HP 4/ Sp Atk 252/ Spe 252
Focus Blast
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt

Special Gengar: I run Energy Ball and Focus Blast now so I have at least 2x on every type. Can't decide between Expert Belt for to make him a harder hitter or Focus Sash to make him a revenge killer.

This team was inspired by a series of butt woopings to Scizors and Lucarios. So I said I thought I'd couple them with Stealth Rock and some big hitters. Thought it would be awesome. It seems to work well on Shoddy Battle.

Big thanks to Smogon.com for images and movesets.

Last edited by Atomisk; 01-27-2009 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Thanks for the criticism and don't bother being nice if you have something to say. I'm trying to make the best team ever.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:31 AM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig
Default Re: Best OU Team Ever!

Um.. this is NOT the best OU team ever. Not by a loooooong shot. You only spent two hours on it? You should spend at least a couple days making a real team that you're going to use for a while. You want to analyze all of it's flaws, and things that hurt it, and fix those. I see a few things wrong at first glance:
1.: Scarf Heatran rapes your team in the ass. 5/6 of your pokemon are OHKO'd by one of it's moves, and the only other thing that stands a chance, Hippowdon, isn't the best in the special defense department.
2. Life Orb Starmie also causes MAJOR pain for this team. It severely hurts hippo with Surf (it doesn't OHKO, but Hippo can't OHKO starmie either. :S) It hurts Skarm with T-bolt, kills Mence with Ice Beam, kills hippo with Surf, kills Gengar with Psychic, and hurts Scizor a bit with Surf.
3.: Your team also requires much setting up. Aerodactyl leads laugh at you, seeing as EQ's your only move on Hippowdon, and they can set up rocks all over you. Azelf leads also hurt you badly. They can Taunt hippo if they carry it, (which I've been seeing more of in Azelf leads these days) And after they get a Psychic in on you, they just blow up in your face and kill you.
4.: You have no special wall whatsoever. You should put a Blissey in where Skarmory is. It takes care of part of your setting up issues, and gives you the best special wall in the game, as well as a cleric, which you desperately need, seeing as Dusknoir's WoW can hurt you.

I would rate more, but it's getting a bit late.

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 01-21-2009, 05:29 AM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

The redundancy of Skarmory in Hippowdon's shadow lets this team down pretty badly, because they're essentially pulling the exact same tricks, with the only real difference being that one has Spikes and the other Stealth Rock. Given the general offensive nature of this team, Stealth Rock really helps to put a lot of things into KO range after a switch-in (i.e., Zapdos against Salamence), whereas Spikes is better suited to a wholly bulkier team that can Roar/Whirlwind and stall the hell out of everything in existence.

Thus, you need to ditch Skarmory, as he's backing no one up, and really just burdens the health bars of all his teammates. I'd rather you net yourself a bulky Water type like Swampert or just go the simple route, as aforementioned above, and toss a standard special walling Blissey in there.

Hippowdon's really not helping you out much as a lead, given that Aerodactyl and Azelf are still quite popular among the conformity of players grazing on the need for an early Stealth Rock like animals. The only problem, truly, is that you have no Ice Fang to fight back with, so I'd recommend that you put it over Roar, because while Stealth Rock helps, it sometimes isn't worth it to shuffle damage with. I only say this because no other Pokemon on the team quite makes a good lead, so you'd best stick to Hippowdon.

One thing that would really help this team out would be to have a good revenge killer that packs good Speed and a Choice Scarf to bolster that Speed. A prime example is Flygon, but the same strategy actually works for Salamence if you're willing to try it.

Generally, this team is just functional, I'd say. The sets all work and have their specific uses, but the problem lies in the lack of intertwining assistance of those sets, since this team just appears to be comprised halfway of sweepers, with two redundant tanks and a Scizor with U-Turn that does near nothing to help its Magnezone, Zapdos, and Heatran counters. Scizor is best running U-Turn with a Choice Band to exert optimum power, because once he switches in, and you still don't know all of the opponent's team, you'll need to U-Turn to prevent potential hazards from intruding on him.

My Battle Log
Old 01-21-2009, 11:59 AM
cutter kirby Offline

at first I thought you had 2 gengar. If youre willing to use hypnosis for gengar why not use focus blast?(same accuracy)
Old 01-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Yoda55
Post Re: Best OU Team Ever!

You should give your Salemence a choice scarf, put it in the lead, and attack with Outrage or Fire Blast.

^ ^
Click
Old 01-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Poke_Sakif Offline

Talking Re: Best OU Team Ever!

Just a few extra tips.

1. Salamence has 2 Dragon Type moves. Replace Draco Meteor with Hydro Pump (egg move)

2. Bronzong makes a great screener. Replace Hypnosis and Gyro Ball with Light Screen and Reflect. If you do, give him Light Clay.

3. Gengar needs another STAB move. Give him Sludge Bomb in place of Thunderbolt.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Vlad The Impaler Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke_Sakif View Post
Just a few extra tips.

1. Salamence has 2 Dragon Type moves. Replace Draco Meteor with Hydro Pump (egg move)

He has Draco Meteor so he can hit physical walls hard with STAB.

2. Bronzong makes a great screener. Replace Hypnosis and Gyro Ball with Light Screen and Reflect. If you do, give him Light Clay.

He doesn't really need a screener, Bronzong does a specific job - wall.

3. Gengar needs another STAB move. Give him Sludge Bomb in place of Thunderbolt.

Sludge Bomb has awful coverage and he needs Thunderbolt to hit Gyara and the like.
Comments in bold -- you might wanna think before you rate a team...
Old 01-24-2009, 01:51 AM
Lord Blood Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Lord Blood Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Blood

Comments in Orange. Your team gets raped by MixApe, so let's help you.

Salamence@ Choice Scarf
Adamant Attack 232/ Sp Attack 24/ Spe 252
Draco Meteor
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast

Mixmence. Perfect way to begin a game. You open up the game with some flare. Standard. Not much to say here.

Swampert@ Leftovers
Relaxed Hp 240/ Def 216/ Sp Atk 52
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Surf
Stealth Rocks

Why not give Zong SR instead of Hypnosis, and put Roar on Swampert so you can Phaze.

Bronzong@ Leftovers
Sassy HP 252/ Atk 86/ Def 80/ Sp Def 92
IV Spe 0
Gyro Ball
Earthquake
Hypnosis
Explosion

Not much experience with this, since the only Zong I use is one with SR. I'll try this, since it seems for offensive minded, although CM Zong is probably better. Use a more Offensive spread or devensive spread, because right now, your EV spread is all over the place. I can't really help you with EVs, because I hate just looking at them.

Scizor@ Choice Band
Adamant HP 176/ Atk 100/ Sp Def 176/ Spe 56
Bullet Punch
Pursuit
Brick Break
U- Turn

CB Scizor. Total Beast. I use this, love this. Change EV Spread to 252 Atk/32 Spe/Rest into Hp/SpD/Def. so you can do more damage.

Lucario@ Life Orb
Jolly Atk 252/ Def 4/ Spe 252
Close Combat
Extreme Speed
Swords Dance
Crunch

Never truely used both Scizor and Lucario on the same team. Can't really say much here.

Gengar@ Black Sludge
Timid HP 4/ Sp Atk 252/ Spe 252
Focus Blast
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt

Replace Black Sludge with Choice Scarf for revenge kill or Choice Specs to dish out higher damage. Never really used Energy Ball, although if Gengar gets it, use Grass Knot.

-: ♥ Paired with Sakura-chan ♥ :-

Shoddy Usernames: Lord Blood and LB Voting