Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park

National Park Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!

Old 04-17-2009, 02:36 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth
Default Adventure Scenario Trial Run (discussion)

Practice Scenarios must all be sent in by Friday, April 24th

Welcome to the Adventure Scenario Trial Run! If you don't know what this is, follow the provided link and scroll down until you get to Adventure Phase. It'll tell you everything you need to know about what we're going to be doing in this.

Now onto what's going to happen.

I am going to be acting as a Ranger, while one person I chose plays the part of a trainer. We'll be adventuring in a forest (how original. haha) and the trainer will be attempting to capture a Pokemon. This will be a time consuming, back and forth process that requires the chosen trainer to be active.
Why you ask? The reason why is because we're going to be showing PE2K how this will work. Just reading on how an Adventure Scenario works isn't enough. You must also be able to see it. That's why this trial run is being done.

However, I can only chose one person to do this with. And since I'm no good at random choice, I'm going to have you people fill out a form below and send it to me via PM. I'll read over what's sent, and determine who I'll chose from what I get.

Sign-Up
I LIED! There is no form! Haha, I'm such a dork. Anyways, don't get too excited. Yeah, forms are annoying, but I still need a way to chose my trainer. So instead of there being a form to fill out, I want you guys to send me a practice trainer scenario. I'll put up multiple scenario's for you to chose from. You only have to do one though. Here's the information needed to make your practice scenario:

*ALL POKEMON ARE AT LEVEL 100 AS PER URPG RULES*
*Also, keep everything at the highest, PG-13 please.

Setting: Desert
Time of day: Mid-day (sun at its highest point)
Trainer's Pokemon: Quilava, male
Plot: You've run low on supplies, and your water ration is depleting. With only your trusted Quilava by your side, no map, and no clue of how much further it is until the next town, you must somehow keep your spirits up as you travel the heat stricken desert.
Looking For: I'm looking for a well described response, two paragraphs at minimum (4 complete sentences each), of your struggle in the desert heat. Describe to me how hot the desert is, how it's affecting your character, thoughts your character maybe having, or anything else you can think of. What would also be interesting is how your Quilava may feel. Is he worried about you? Does he just not care? How is the situation affecting him?

No flashbacks for this please. Keep it current.

Setting: City
Time of Day: night
Trainer's Pokemon: Pikachu, female
Plot: You're in pursuit of a rogue Meowth who has been causing nothing but trouble for the city you're in. Out of the goodness in your heart, or maybe the interest in capturing a new Pokemon, you offer to capture the Meowth. But a few moments ago, the very Meowth you promised to catch has made off with your badge case. Shiny objects do attract them. Now you're in hot pursuit of the thieving cat in hopes of retrieving your badge case, and stopping this rogue cat once and for all!
Looking For: I'm looking for a well described response, two paragraphs at minimum (4 complete sentences each), of your pursuit. Describe to me what your surroundings look like, what your character is feeling, as well as anything else you can think of. You're not confronting the cat in battle, just giving chase. Also, your control is over ONLY the trainer.
If you can, try to include flashbacks in your pursuit. These could include how you agreed to help, why you agreed to help, or even of your gym battles. You can decide how many badges you have, as well as what goes on in the flashbacks. You may even show how the Meowth got the badge case in the first place. However if you do, that's the only time you can control that cat. You don't have to do the flashbacks, it's just a suggestion.

#3 (more advanced than the previous two)
Setting: a misty lake surrounded by a just as misty forest
Time of Day: morning
Trainer's Pokemon: Rapidash - male
Plot: Walking by a misty lake, your attention is grabbed by strange sounds coming from the water. Shooting your gaze to the water, you spot the most amazing sight possible. Two glowing figures are standing, conversing with one another over matters known only to them. One glows a mystifying blue while the other a powerful yellow. Ducking to beneath the bushes so as to not be seen, you take a closer look. Your eyes widen in awe as the two glowing figures break from their glowing, settling into their natural pelt colors.

Standing on the shore is the electrical beast, Raikou, while standing on the water is the northern wind, Suicune! Capture is impossible, but what a sight! As you're ducked in cover, watching this amazing event, your Rapidash emerges from its Pokeball in a blaze of pride. The two legends hear this and look in your direction. However, they don't run. Instead, they begin slowly padding to you, rage smoking from their faces! There's no way you could take one of the on, let alone both! The legends bark loudly, scaring you onto your Rapidash. With a loud neigh from your horse, you turn and run only to be pursued by the angry legends!

You're in serious trouble now...

Looking For: I'm looking for a well described response, three paragraphs at minimum (4 complete sentences each). This is a choice scenario. You can chose to describe what's going on while on your horse, or what was happening before you were noticed.

On Your Horse - describe to me the fear in your character as they gallop away from the pursuing legends. Also try and describe the Rapidash. How fast is he going? Is he just as panic stricken as your character? Also describe your surroundings and how they're affecting your getaway. Remember, you're galloping through a forest. Not the best place for this type of getaway.

Before Being Spotted - describe to me the awe your character is feeling. Also, what did the legends glowing forms look like when compared to their normal pelts? Remember, Pokemon are capable of expressing emotion as well. Describe to me the expression on the legends faces. Are they happy/sad/worried/angry? Are these emotions being carried through their voices when they are talking to each other? Lastly, I want to know how they look in comparison to the location. Does the mist affect how they look?

You control no actions of the legendaries aside from their barking
Flashbacks are not needed for this. Please don't give any.

The Actual Scenario

Now that the practice ones made for PMs are up, I'd like to introduce the actual scenario that the chosen trainer will be helping me perform. As stated earlier, it will be located in the forest (still so very original) with the trainer trying to capture a Pokemon. However, this scenario is going to be more advanced than the practice ones. Now, as I did with the practice scenario's, I'm going to post information for the one being performed in this topic.

However, before we get onto that there are a few things I need to note. They are important to know for when we do this, and for when the Park is opened.

- trainer controls only the trainer and their Pokemon (to a certain extent)
- rangers decide what pokemon the trainer finds, what sent attacks do (hit/miss/cause status), and any outside force that could affect the trainer during or outside a battle
- only the ranger can end a started battle
- lastly, wild Pokemon are in full control of the ranger. A trainer may not control the wild Pokemon or what its attacks do.

Now... onto the given info.

Setting: Forest
Time of Day: night
Trainer's Pokemon: Nidoking - special moves: Iron Tail, Supersonic, Confusion, Disable
Kangaskhan (female) - special moves: Fire Punch, Double Team, Ice Beam
Skarmory [shiny] (male) - special moves: Taunt, Aerial Ace, Roost
Plot: Suffering from a deadly fire, this forest and the Pokemon living in it have suffered a great deal. Trees are black and charred, while Pokemon are scarce and confused. Those still around have begun to grow more aggressive, a result of the trauma of losing their home and families/mates/friends. Trainers have been advised to stay out of the burned section of this forest, and most do, but you have grown curious. You venture into it, wondering how many Pokemon were lost in the fire, as well as how Pokemon are coping. To top it all off, you've heard of this part of the forest being mastered by a very powerful, and very rare Yanmega. It's body is blue instead of the normal forest green, suggesting that it may be another shiny Pokemon like your Skarmory.

You're determined to capture this Yanmega. The only thing is, you may have to face off with other Pokemon of the forest. Angered and upset, they may not let you pass through without confrontation. Be on your toes.

Looking for: When we do this, I want FULL description. The trainer chosen for this was chosen for a reason. Because of this, I want to see paragraph minimum posts.

What will this show:
- how travel is done through trainer/ranger posting
- how finding a Pokemon is done
- how battles are handled
- how truly difficult a battle can become, or how easy one may be
- a more anime styled Pokemon that can actually think (xD)

~~~~~~~~~

Phew. Now that that's all completed, I will leave you people to do whatever. Haha. I'll leave this topic open for discussion and questions. Once the trainer is chosen, I'll make a new topic for the actual scenario test. When I do, I want people to post their comments in this topic only. The scenario one will be for just me and the chosen trainer.

Thanks for reading, sorry if it was long, or even if it sounded really bossy/controlling. You know I'm not like that. xD

Feel free to post in here and talk about this if you want. I'll answer any questions you may have regarding this subject.

=^^= Nya

Last edited by RocketMeowth; 04-17-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:32 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir
Default Re: Adventure Scenario Trial Run (discussion)

Good luck to anyone entering this. I'd try for this as well, but I'm busy enough with dealing with the Mission Part. And my stories.

*waves catnip near RM's face*

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:11 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

*glomps you so tight you can't EVER escape* (lol)

DG, it's been so long! Thanks for the catnip by the by! And haha, I don't think many cats care for this. I've gotten only one practice story so far.

... I may have to lengthen the due date by another week.

Alright cats, the NEW due date is May 1. Have your practice stories sent through PM to me by that time.

Stories So Far

=^^= Nya
Old 05-01-2009, 08:10 AM
lazziness Offline

Send a message via AIM to lazziness Send a message via MSN to lazziness

I just made it home and it's 1 am here ON your extended due date, and I'm going to crash for a few hours. Depending on what time you close this, I'd love to submit something.

[URPG]
Old 05-01-2009, 09:39 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMeowth View Post

What will this show:

- a more anime styled Pokemon that can actually think (xD)
lol, I recall some pokemon having some kind of more elaborate CPU in the games, as their level progressed. Or maybe I was unlucky and got the random generator of my pearl to make them use moves smartly >.>

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:41 AM
IceRocket Offline

Send a message via AIM to IceRocket Send a message via MSN to IceRocket Send a message via Yahoo to IceRocket Send a message via Skype™ to IceRocket

Oooh, sounds fun ;D But I doubt that I will have enough time to do this.... I will try to send a form
Good luck to anyone who does enter

[ Oh noes! My old account committed suicide! ]
Original Tree Image ©2008 *billyunderscorebwa
theme ||| sunset tree
v
Old 05-01-2009, 09:53 PM
bleepbloop Offline

Send a message via AIM to bleepbloop

of course I'm the last one to hear about this XD but anyways, for future refeerence, in the scenarios, would you be able to write the story from the pokemons point of veiw? or dose it have to be from the trainers pov?

My awesome nooby Urpg stats -==-==- my awesome nooby ASB stats i'm accepting all aim battles just pm me if you want one
Old 05-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Lusitania Offline

So is this like...cancelled or what?