Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Volcanflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Volcanflame Send a message via MSN to Volcanflame Send a message via Yahoo to Volcanflame
Default Rate my OU team o:

I had nothing to do so I decided to Shoddy. I'm new at this, so please don't flame me. I'm Volcanflame already.

Roserade (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Toxic Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Frail, but the only thing she does is Toxic Spikes.
---
Togekiss (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
I'm thinking of changing Lum to lefties ...
---
Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP/176 Atk/80 Def
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Rest
- Return
Uh, with around 500 HP, this thing is pretty much a tank. It's got some problem hitting something like Gengar and Skarmory though.
---
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/176 Spd/80 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
---
Breloom (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 212 HP/252 Atk/44 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb
---
Weavile (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Night Slash
- Brick Break
---

I won all 4 battles with this set. With the first one being all-fire types (I somehow managed to win, thanks to Toxic Spikes). Either I lucked out or my opponents are dumb :s

-Volcan-
Old 05-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Default Re: Rate my OU team o:

Quote:
Either I lucked out or my opponents are dumb
It will have been a combination of both, because off a single glance I can tell NP Mixape 6-0s you:

Flamethrower v 4HP Roserade= 100%
+2 Flamethrower v 4HP Togekiss= 100%
Close Combat v 80Def/252HP Snorlax= 91-100%
Flamethrower v 252HP Jirachi= 87-100%
Flamethrower v 44HP Breloom= 100%
Flamethrower/Close Combat v 40HP Weavile= 100%

Any other fire type will have a similar effect, albeit without being able to take down snorlax as easily. You reallllly need to fit a bulky water in there somewhere, tentacruel would work since it resists both of infernapes STAB moves and HP Ice, doesn't mind unboosted grass knots and can retaliate with STAB surfs. I'd put him in over jirachi, who I can't see doing much. A mixed sweeper in the place of one of your physical sweepers wouldn't go amiss either, preferably not another fire weakness. You seem to know your way round smogon's 'Dex, but let me know if you want any sets/ideas =]
Old 05-15-2009, 11:47 PM
Volcanflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Volcanflame Send a message via MSN to Volcanflame Send a message via Yahoo to Volcanflame

Well, I actually just copy-pasted what Smogon says :x except for Snorlax, I changed the EVs myself a bit. Hm, ok, I'll try to put Tentacruel somewhere o:

-Volcan-
Old 05-17-2009, 01:11 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

You have zero team synergy from what I can see. You basically took 5 sweepers and a tank and just shoveled them in any old how.

Roserade is no sitting duck. Choiced Leaf Storm is painful/packs enough of a punch to surprise people (depending on Specs or Scarf), and even disregarding Choice items, it has 110 Base SpAtk. Why Grass Knot instead of Energy Ball? @_@

Togekiss... is a standard stand-alone flinchhax Kiss. Pretty strong, but Togekiss has a wide variety of support options to help your team. Yeah. All I'm saying is that Kiss can be used beyond this, and frankly I think you have enough sweepers.

Curselax just doesn't work this gen. Any one of the most commonly mentioned sweepers will set-up with you and blow your behind out of the sky beyond Choiced (and even then, their Choice Band versions are still obscenely powerful). You can use this to bait Scizor and Salamence though. I dunno. >< Curselax in general also lacks coverage, so I'd recommend just turning into a full Special Wall or something.

Jirachi is fine, but another un-needed sweeper.

Breloom looks interesting, and appears to be your main form of shuffling since most people will switch to their counter on Leech Seed. However, Breloom gets outsped by quite a lot of things to pull this off effectively. Like Salamence/Scizor/whatever. T-tar won't ever switch in. Trust me.

The standard CB Weavile is your revenge killer and Dragon counter... But Yache will get them to eat you for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Weavile can be left as it is, but beware Scizor and YacheMence if it ever appears.

Tentacruel can probably go over Snorlax, Snorlax doesn't seem to be doing anything noteworthy,

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 05-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Quote:
Why Grass Knot instead of energy ball?
Grass knot is more useful in OU, where most bulky waters (Swampert, Gyara etc) fall into the higher damage tiers and will do more than Energy Ball.

Last edited by Viva la Gofre; 05-17-2009 at 09:49 AM.