Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:31 PM
MasterOfMagnetic Offline

Default Pikachu and Piplup

Why is it everyone complains about Dawn not evolving here Piplup when Pikachu hasn't evolved for like 14 seasons?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Vaughn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 9)

Send a message via AIM to Vaughn Send a message via Yahoo to Vaughn
Default Re: Pikachu and Piplup

Prinplup and Raichu looks gay, that's why.

Hit me up on AIM: neuroticnero

vpp | urpg | pol
Old 07-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. House View Post
Prinplup and Raichu looks gay, that's why.
as well as because of the everstone dawn gave piplup and pikachu discarding the thunderstone ash gave him/her as a choice to evolve
Old 07-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

I think it’s because we’ve all acknowledged that Pikachu will always remain in its current stage, considering it’s the franchise’s most recognised Pokemon. Piplup, on that other hand, had nothing preventing it from evolving, but the writers decided to introduce the everstone into the scenario to ensure that the Prinplup would be completely unfeasible, without a sufficient reason really. There’s also the fact that it’s been forced on us as a secondary mascot, and is plastered on everything anime-related alongside Pikachu
Old 07-31-2009, 05:45 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
I think it’s because we’ve all acknowledged that Pikachu will always remain in its current stage, considering it’s the franchise’s most recognised Pokemon. Piplup, on that other hand, had nothing preventing it from evolving, but the writers decided to introduce the everstone into the scenario to ensure that the Prinplup would be completely unfeasible, without a sufficient reason really. There’s also the fact that it’s been forced on us as a secondary mascot, and is plastered on everything anime-related alongside Pikachu
didnt munchlax used to be the anime-mascot alongside pikachu?
Old 07-31-2009, 05:52 AM
james_gotex Offline

Kind of, but Munchlax hasn't been plastered in our faces as much as Piplup, maybe this means Dawn is the anime girl to finally stay with Ash.

And to be honest, as much as I prefer Raichu's to Pikachu's, if Pikachu evolved I would walk to Tokyo and set fire to everyone.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:53 AM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

Because its ripping Pikachu off. Also, Piplup doesn't get Light Ball.

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:21 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Pikachu is the icon of Pokemon and has been so since the creation of the anime. Pikachu has been given at least one (actually three iirc) opportunities to evolve and denied every single one. Pikachu has been kicking Raichu ass since Vermillion. Pikachu will never evolve, this is a good thing.

The only thing I have a problem with is that they're trying to make Piplup into Dawn's version of Pikachu. I don't watch the anime anymore, but from what I hear she's keeping it out of its Pokeball, plus the "not evolving" thing, and the fact that Piplup and Dawn became friends exactly the same way that Ash and Pikachu did, right down to the Legendary Pokemon cameo at the end of the episode. But honestly, I prefer Piplup to its evolutions. They're more powerful, yes, but Piplup just plain looks better.