Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Esp100 Offline

Thumbs up PLEASE rate my team!!!!!!

I have been playing my Diamond game for about 2 years and I want a few people to rate my team. So please, rate my team!!!!!! I would really appreciate it. Since I'm new here, it would be great to have some replys from new friends. Thanx!!!!!!

Beautifly lv100
Hardy Nature
Energy Ball
Bug Buzz
Silver Wind
Morning Sun

Masquerain lv100
Hardy Nature
Water Pulse
Air Slash
Giga Drain
Silver Wind

Espeon lv100
Naive Nature
Confusion
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Morning Sun

Gardevoir lv100
Careful Nature
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Psychic
Shadow Ball

Ninetails lv100
Dark Pulse
Protect
Fire Blast
Overheat

Togekiss lv100
Hasty Nature
Fly
Extreme Speed
Aura Sphere
Sky Attack

Reply your opinions ASAP!!!!!!

Last edited by Esp100; 05-30-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Eeveedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eeveedude
Default Re: PLEASE rate my team!!!!!!

Okay, to be honest, I don't normally give advise here so sorry if I give any faulty info.

Firstly, your team is fairly vunerable to Electric types and Dark. Imo, you shouldn't have so many flying types.

Also, Espeon shouldn't have both Psychic and Psybeam, switch Psybeam for a different typed attack (Signal Beam (which is a Platinum Move tutor)) or Calm Mind which would raise its SA and SD

Ninetails having 3 fire attacks is a bit of a waste. You should probly choose one (I'd choose Flamethrower)

So yah, if your only using these pokemon in game then just try to avoid using more than one move of the same type. However if you plan on competitive battling then you might need a little more work.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:22 PM
WeeWee Offline
Amateur Trainer

Thumbs up Re: PLEASE rate my team!!!!!!

Go for hustle on the togekiss, and watch out for fast offencive rock types, like tyranitar. Your team might benefit from a mildly bulky water, like kingdra, or swampert.

Where'd my Chompy go?

We're looking for Casual Battle Gym Leaders, If anyone's interested, Click Here
Old 05-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Esp100 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveedude View Post
Okay, to be honest, I don't normally give advise here so sorry if I give any faulty info.

Firstly, your team is fairly vunerable to Electric types and Dark. Imo, you shouldn't have so many flying types.

Also, Espeon shouldn't have both Psychic and Psybeam, switch Psybeam for a different typed attack (Signal Beam (which is a Platinum Move tutor)) or Calm Mind which would raise its SA and SD

Ninetails having 3 fire attacks is a bit of a waste. You should probly choose one (I'd choose Flamethrower)

So yah, if your only using these pokemon in game then just try to avoid using more than one move of the same type. However if you plan on competitive battling then you might need a little more work.
FYI, my togekiss can take care of rock types with its aura sphere.
And just in case, my beautifly knows Energy Ball, and my masquerain knows Giga Drain.
Since togekiss is lv100, there is no other way to increase its speed.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:56 PM
Esp100 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esp100 View Post
FYI, my togekiss can take care of rock types with its aura sphere.
And just in case, my beautifly knows Energy Ball, and my masquerain knows Giga Drain.
Since togekiss is lv100, there is no other way to increase its speed.
First, my flying types have great speed and can take care of electric types no problem and no need to worry about dark types because both my Beautifly and Masquerain know Silver Wind, and my Togekiss knows Aura Sphere, and they also have great speed.
Second, my Espeon's psybeam can cause confusion, and psychic causes alot of damage, which helps in battle.
Third, I can't think of any other moves for my Ninetails. Fire blast and Overheat are Ninetails' powerful attacks. Plus isn't Ninetails a fire type, and should have alot of fire moves?
Lastly, my pokemon all have different moves except for a few, and I'm done with being a competitive trainer. What I mean by that is I'm still battling, just not very much. Sometimes I battle in the Battle Tower, but THAT IS IT!!!!!!

Last edited by Esp100; 06-03-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:25 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
no need to worry about dark types because both my Espeon and Gardevoir know Shadow Ball!!!!!!
Dark resists Ghost... :x

I may not be super-duper-mega-awesome at competitive battling, but I DO know that if you're using this team for competitive battling, then we need EVs. If you're not using this team for competitive battling, then this is the wrong forum.

And about your Ninetales only having Fire and Steel moves... say you have Ninetales out and the opponent sends out a Water type. BAM. He instantly resists all of your moves and you'd have to lose a turn switching out to an appropriate counter.

HOWEVER, now say you have replaced one of the Fire moves with Energy Ball, which I believe it gets by BM. Instantly, you have a counter to that dreaded Water type.

About Rock types being taken care of by Togekiss - it's not only Rock type Pokemon that have Rock type moves. Granted, they're probably the most common to carry Rock type moves, but there are other Pokemon, such as Gliscor and Stone Edge; Gliscor resists Fighting type moves.

And there's one last thing I'm confused about...

Quote:
I have been playing my Diamond game for about 5 years
Diamond only came out in 2007, and it's now 2009... that's 2 years... :x
Old 05-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Tranquil Leafeon

Quote:
First, my flying types have great speed and can take care of electric types no problem and no need to worry about dark types because both my Espeon and Gardevoir know Shadow Ball, and they also have great speed.
Second, my Espeon's psybeam can cause confusion, and psychic causes alot of damage, which helps in battle.
Third, I can't think of any other moves for my Ninetails. Fire blast and Overheat are Ninetails' powerful attacks. Plus isn't Ninetails a fire type, and should have alot of fire moves?
Lastly, my pokemon all have different moves except for a few, and I'm done with being a competitive trainer. Sometimes I battle in the Battle Tower, but THAT IS IT!!!!!!
Um, if your done with competitive battling, why are you posting this team? And Battle Tower =/= Competitive battling. Artificial Intelligence (no matter its intended strategy) is never going to compare to human reasoning.

Anyways, your flying types are actually pretty slow (Base speed 80 or less). Electric types like Electivire, Jolteon, or Raikou will maul them. Electivire especially since Togekiss' Defense is significantly lower than its Special Defense. About Psybeam, it only has a 10% chance. 10% chance = it's really never gonna happen in time for it to affect something. If it actually does, you have way better luck than I do. Also, Shadow Ball is Not Very Effective on Dark types, which doesn't help Espeon/Gardevoir deal with them in the slightest. As for Ninetails, it doesn't need to have a lot of Fire moves. Say you come up against a Water type with Ninetails as your last Pokemon. All your moves are Not Very Effective against it, and it finishes you with Surf. Now, if you had Energy Ball on that thing, you could use that on the Water type and have a much better chance of beating it instead.

Things like you are talking about may work in game, but they won't help you when it comes to battling competitively.

Off topic, if nobody has told you, you can use the 'Multi-Quote this Message' button right next to the 'Reply with Quote' button to quote two or more messages without double posting. Just check the button on whatever posts you want to quote, and press the 'Post Reply' button.

EDIT: Pichu Boy beat me to most of this. *Sigh* That's happened twice today. Lol.
More and more of these Azelf leads come back in later to spread paralysis

Last edited by Tranquil Leafeon; 05-29-2009 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Beaten
Old 05-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Esp100 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post

I may not be super-duper-mega-awesome at competitive battling, but I DO know that if you're using this team for competitive battling, then we need EVs. If you're not using this team for competitive battling, then this is the wrong forum.

And about your Ninetales only having Fire and Steel moves... say you have Ninetales out and the opponent sends out a Water type. BAM. He instantly resists all of your moves and you'd have to lose a turn switching out to an appropriate counter.

HOWEVER, now say you have replaced one of the Fire moves with Energy Ball, which I believe it gets by BM. Instantly, you have a counter to that dreaded Water type.

About Rock types being taken care of by Togekiss - it's not only Rock type Pokemon that have Rock type moves. Granted, they're probably the most common to carry Rock type moves, but there are other Pokemon, such as Gliscor and Stone Edge; Gliscor resists Fighting type moves.

Ok, I went wayyyyyyyyyy to far. I just edited my forum.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Esp100 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absol Power View Post
Um, if your done with competitive battling, why are you posting this team? And Battle Tower =/= Competitive battling. Artificial Intelligence (no matter its intended strategy) is never going to compare to human reasoning.

Anyways, your flying types are actually pretty slow (Base speed 80 or less). Electric types like Electivire, Jolteon, or Raikou will maul them. Electivire especially since Togekiss' Defense is significantly lower than its Special Defense. About Psybeam, it only has a 10% chance. 10% chance = it's really never gonna happen in time for it to affect something. If it actually does, you have way better luck than I do. Also, Shadow Ball is Not Very Effective on Dark types, which doesn't help Espeon/Gardevoir deal with them in the slightest. As for Ninetails, it doesn't need to have a lot of Fire moves. Say you come up against a Water type with Ninetails as your last Pokemon. All your moves are Not Very Effective against it, and it finishes you with Surf. Now, if you had Energy Ball on that thing, you could use that on the Water type and have a much better chance of beating it instead.

Things like you are talking about may work in game, but they won't help you when it comes to battling competitively.

Off topic, if nobody has told you, you can use the 'Multi-Quote this Message' button right next to the 'Reply with Quote' button to quote two or more messages without double posting. Just check the button on whatever posts you want to quote, and press the 'Post Reply' button.

EDIT: Pichu Boy beat me to most of this. *Sigh* That's happened twice today. Lol.
FYI, all of my pokemon are lv100, so their stats are unbeatable, except in the Battle Tower.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Esp100 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeWee View Post
Go for hustle on the togekiss, and watch out for fast offencive rock types, like tyranitar. Your team might benefit from a mildly bulky water, like kingdra, or swampert.
Also, I forgot to mention that my Masquerain knows Giga Drain, my Beautifly knows Energy Ball, and all of them have great speed.

Last edited by Esp100; 05-30-2009 at 03:46 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Can we get some EVs please?
Old 05-29-2009, 11:41 PM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Tranquil Leafeon

Quote:
FYI, all of my pokemon are lv100, so their stats are unbeatable, except in the Battle Tower.
I was talking about competetive battling, where all Pokemon are level 100. Then, any Pokemon that is EV trained in speed that has a higher base stat than you (a.k.a. most good sweepers and many other Pokemon) will outspeed you.
More and more of these Azelf leads come back in later to spread paralysis
Old 05-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Esp100 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post

Also, no need to worry about about dark types because my Beautifly knows Bug Buzz, both my Beautifly and Masquerain know Silver Wind, and my Togekiss knows Aura Sphere. That will take care of them.