Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Re: It's actually pretty good......

my only problem with the froslass filler was how glalie used hyper beam like 6 teams in a row.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

i find the constant hyper beam a violation of game and anime rules. even in the diamond and pearl series a recharge period is necessary.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Minorin Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post

I’m assuming you mean the Snorunt/Poacher episode? If so, then I’d have to agree. Initially I found it strangely endearing with Froslass’ attempt at tricking the main cast into assisting her, but as it progressed it basically developed into an extended battle between an over-powered Glalie and 4 other Pokémon. Disappointing really, since there’s a lot more inventive options for something like Froslass. The hero/villain co-operation was nice to watch for a change though.

I was also kind of dismayed at the lack of reference to Ash’s Glalie, since that thing requires at least some form of redemption. Honestly, I thought it seemed inevitable that he would mention it, since I seem to recall him doing something similar with Phanpy back in the Donphan filler in late Hoenn.

Ohh, and to top it all, they decide to maim the visual too, by choosing the dire Takeda to direct. Hmm.. :l

And by the way, I still stick by my earlier statement that the current region exceeds the others by far, but it really was a dismal episode, especially by Sinnoh’s standards.

The voice acting is never really an issue for me, since I tend to watch the original, as opposed to the dub. Obviously, this means I don’t know the extent of how bad they are, but I don’t really understand what the big problem regarding them is. I thought by now people surely would have adjusted to the newer voices.

I completely agree with the latter. The Battle Frontier specifically was far too rushed. It honestly felt like we were watching nothing but contests and Brain battles every second episode. The Sinnoh region, in comparison, at least gives the Gym Leaders more than a single episode to develop and showcase their roster. I forgot to mention that in my original post, but that’s another factor that makes this season so engaging imo. (Ahah, I sound like a broken record. xD)
Lol. Sometimes, I think the battles against Team Rocket and Meowth are more "exciting" than against some Frontier Brains... XD

Diamond FC: 3051-4351-3485
Old 07-27-2009, 03:48 PM
-Smoo- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to -Smoo-

The series could be alot worse. Regardless I'd pick Spongebob over pokemon anyday, unless its a special/Movie.

However the animating in standard episodes is appaling. Dawns face stayed the same for 10ish seconds once...
Old 07-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoo View Post
The series could be alot worse. Regardless I'd pick Spongebob over pokemon anyday, unless its a special/Movie.

However the animating in standard episodes is appaling. Dawns face stayed the same for 10ish seconds once...
Spongebob? You must think the show is extremely pathetic
I may have to agree on the animation but i really think it depends on who is directing
Old 07-28-2009, 05:31 PM
-Smoo- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to -Smoo-

I like Spongebob because its random and occasionaly funny. Pokemons Anime is predictable and the trainers make stupid decisions.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Quote:
I like Spongebob because its random and occasionaly funny. Pokemons Anime is predictable and the trainers make stupid decisions.
spongebob is rediculously predictabe lol

and the trainers have to make mistakes, no ones perfect
Old 07-28-2009, 07:58 PM
james_gotex Offline

Quote:
....trainers make stupid decisions.
You learn from your mistakes... Thats how we know one day Ash will be the master... All the mistakes he's made lol
Old 07-29-2009, 02:57 AM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

Quote:

Not to sound patronising, but I don’t think you quite understand how the animation process works. Like Arcemegus said, the quality of the animation is solely reliant on the different directors, so it’s kind of a generalisation for you to group every episode into a single category and label them all “appalling.” In fact, I wouldn’t go to that extent to describe any of the directors. Sure, some like Takeda and Kinoshita are flawed in many aspects, but I think you’re unfairly undermining their animating ability as a whole.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_gotex View Post
You learn from your mistakes... Thats how we know one day Ash will be the master... All the mistakes he's made lol
Exactly

If the show was predictable, Ash would have already beat the Elite Four in one of the regions.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:45 AM
PokemonGold Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
I agree. People tend to have this assumption that the show pretty much obsolete nowadays simply because it’s not as popular as it used to be. If anything, I’d say the latest region has actually exceeded Kanto by a country mile. Not only is the storyline much more enhanced in comparison, but the characters are actually developed and the main focus isn’t always on the mascot and the three starter Pokemon. In addition, the gym battles are, in fact, fairly intense, and aren’t defeated through pity or unjust methods like in Kanto. The villainous teams are also now a genuine threat, and show up regularly as part of a consistent storyline (referring to Team Galactic, not Rocket. :P) I really do wish people would stop making unreasonable comments concerning the anime without even watching the newer series, because it most cases, they couldn’t be more wrong.

I do agree with Kendo regarding the voices, however, hence why I only watch the Japanese variant of each episode.
You can watch all the episodes on tvshack (net not com)
does anyone get this title pun? "a chansey operation"
Old 08-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonGold View Post
You can watch all the episodes on tvshack (net not com)
does anyone get this title pun? "a chansey operation"
I watch the Japanese episodes through choice, not because it’s my only option. :P

And discussion of where you can watch episodes online is not permitted here. Just a little word of warning. ^^;