Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Re: Is Brock useless now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyurgh View Post
No, he's there to FAIL at getting laughs.

After so long, it's the same thing. OHAI NURSE JOY [Lame pick-up line] OUCH! DONT HIT ME Misty/Max/Croagunk.

Not only that, but whatever happened to him being a Rock-type Gym Leader? In the filler, he said that he would never turn his back on Rock-types. Has he even used Sudowoodo in recent episodes?
ehhh he dosnt fail at making kids laugh.

and when does brock ever use his pokemon in battleing besides against team rocket
Old 07-15-2009, 02:43 AM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdra View Post
No. Everyone likes him!
That’s kind of a generalisation. I like him in terms of nostalgic value, but that’s about it. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashketchum View Post
Brock shouldn’t be useless. He’s funny because of his obsession with girls, is a great cook, an excellent Pokemon Breeder, has so much knowledge and I am sure he wasn’t a Gym Leader for nothing. They need to make him better or as Mewcario said, make him shine a bit more.

I totally disagree with Calypso at one point. Brock wasn’t useless in the Johto Series.
How anyone can find Brocks girl obsessing remotely entertaining anymore is beyond me. It's the same process that is reiterated every episode.. :S

The Pokemon Breeder status is meaningless; he barely does anything, other than raise a few baby Pokemon, that even merits him as a Breeder, let alone an "excellent" one. I basically think it’s an attempt on the writers part to make it seem like he actually does something other than providing redundant information, or being a "great cook" (which basically proves how pointless he is, if you listed that as one of his main assets and contributions to the show.)

I do agree on the fact that he needs more opportunities to shine, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayotui View Post
maybe he should get his steelix back and start battling for gym badges
Not only is this pretty absurd, but it would conflict with Ash’s main goal in the anime. Why would we want to see the same Gym Leader being battled repeatedly? :/

EDIT:
Quote:
No, he's there to FAIL at getting laughs.

After so long, it's the same thing. OHAI NURSE JOY [Lame pick-up line] OUCH! DONT HIT ME Misty/Max/Croagunk.

Not only that, but whatever happened to him being a Rock-type Gym Leader? In the filler, he said that he would never turn his back on Rock-types. Has he even used Sudowoodo in recent episodes?
I've just realised I completely repeated what you said in my earlier point xD. Obviously, I agree with this. The routine is stale, and if they really need him to fill a “comedic” role, they could at least vary the whole procedure a little.

I really wish he would use Sudowoodo more frequently. He seldom uses his Pokemon, and when he does, he tends to favour Croagunk. Although, it did learn Hammer Arm in a recent Japanese episode, which was refreshing, albeit a little unexpected.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:42 AM
Meatwad Offline

Brock is pretty much the closest thing on Pokemon to a pedo there is so I think we should keep him!!!
PLUS We still don't know what race he is!

Last edited by Meatwad; 07-15-2009 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Phantasm.Angel Offline

Send a message via AIM to Phantasm.Angel

Brock's entire purpose in the show could be done with a guidebook, hamburger helper, and a book of quotes from famous athletes telling people to never give up on their dreams.

paired with the marvelous Eternal Moonlight, creator of the above
Old 07-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Gravity Offline
Elite Trainer

"Now?" When did he start?

Old 07-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Katana Master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Skype™ to Katana Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcnonn View Post
They haven't realized my potential.
He's awesome, don't dis his awesomeness

URPG | Claims | It's Me | SS Team
Formally Know As Mr. Awesome
Old 07-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Sheepat Offline

They ruined our first gym leader.

Also, it doesn't seem that he breeds two Pokemon to make an egg. He just gets one.

His girl love thing is just to old. He's had it since the first season. And how can you tell which Nurse Joy is which?

Brock only uses three Pokemon. A happiny that should've evolved by now, a sudowoodo with no power, and a croagunk.

Brock is only there to cook food. He acts to much like a mom (See the episode when Pachirisu gets sick), and is in love with all girls.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Has he even used Sudowoodo in recent episodes?
i remember brock using sudowoodo's double edge in the fight against team galactic on iron island. if im right, it should be the episode "saving the world from ruins"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcnonn View Post
They haven't realized my potential.
LMAO aint that a fact XP
Quote:
Originally Posted by riolu42 View Post
His girl love thing is just to old. He's had it since the first season. And how can you tell which Nurse Joy is which?

Brock only uses three Pokemon. A happiny that should've evolved by now, a sudowoodo with no power, and a croagunk.

Brock is only there to cook food. He acts to much like a mom (See the episode when Pachirisu gets sick), and is in love with all girls.
The fact is that this is a kid show and i dont think making a violent plot change (no matter how boring the routine is so far) is going to make things for the better

Happiny can only evolve if Brock has an Oval Stone. Besides, do you think the pokemon franchise is going to add that into an episode any time soon?
Sudowoodo has at least some power...would you like to be on the receiving end of its double edge (lets not forget sudowoodo has the ability Rock Head, preventing recoil damage)? Sure in the episode where Sudowoodo helps fight Team Galactic fighting Golbat is a piece of cake but at least give Sudowoodo some props.
What do you have against Croagunk? I think its one of my favorite pokes in Brocks current party. Toxicroak would be a nice addition if Croagunk evolved but that doesnt mean Croagunk isnt a useful resource to Brock's party.

Ive seen the episode where Pachirisu gets sick and at least he can help the pokemon become healthy unlike Ash and Dawn. The mom thing is a good thing because i doubt you would want to depend on Ash or Dawn's cooking (Dawn only really makes poffins and Ash cant cook for s**t). Plus Brock is a Pokemon BREEDER which makes the mom thing, as well as taking care of pokemon, his job. Well according to bulbapedia Brock is still 15 and i guess the animators believe falling in love with all the girls comes with the territory but that doesnt make brock completely useless.

Thats my opinion and im sticking to that

Last edited by Judgmental Arceus; 07-27-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:39 PM
-Smoo- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to -Smoo-

They will keep brock because he is the only character with non entirely white skin. You may calk the show racist if it kicks out Brock. I'm pretty sure this came up before...
Old 08-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Phionex Offline

Nah, they just left him out in the Giratina movie.xD
If they get rid of Brock who's gonna cook the food? Who's the guy who's gonna blurt out when there's an evolution, "IT'S EVOLVING...!"

Yeah there's no way they get rid of Brock.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Curfy97 Offline
New Trainer

Am I the only one who saw Doc Brock? OK, even though that the show is mainly focused on Ash and Dawn, they still need him! He's a father-like figure to them! You always need someone to be at least like your dad! Hell-llo!!!!!!
David has a girlfriend
I don't know where Parker lives
Jake can be sort of ruff, and he's my BF
Who should I go with???
Old 01-23-2010, 08:29 PM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs Offline
Master Trainer

Brock scares the kiddies.

Although, I think he should somehow find Professor Ivy again and they should go live together..

Porygon - Alphanumeric
Level 100; 621
Old 01-23-2010, 08:43 PM
mickmon95 Offline

Send a message via MSN to mickmon95

They should have Brock do more. He's funny, but he should show his talent too.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Well, let's not forget that he's not so much a Pokemon battler or Contest participant. As said in the anime, he's a Pokemon Breeder. Which... can't really do much in the anime, tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
Or, you know, they could just replace him. :x
I'd like this idea, yes. But only for a short amount of time. Like they did Tracy.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 02-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. House View Post
I agree with abconn, which is kind of weird.

Then, in the last episode of Pokemon, which I doubt will be anytime near from now, Ash could battle Brock for the Match of Matches. To see if Ash really did learn something from Brock.
Last episode of Pokemon? Those four words can go together like that?

On Happiny evolving: Happiny hasn't evolved for the same reason that James's Mime Jr. hasn't evolved. She has an Oval Stone that Brock made for her and Mime Jr. knows Mimic, so logically both are capable of evolving, but Brock and James never let them battle. Hence they can not evolve.